What kind of toys do you bring out to eat for your toddlers?

What kind of little hand toys do you usually bring out to eat with your toddlers? Mine is 3 and is crazy out to eat we still can’t really enjoy it so wondering what works for other mamas that keeps them busy !

2 Likes

Ms Rachel normally does the trick

We’ve always taken our iPads!

Coloring book and crayons, and hot wheels lol

At that age, we brought a small bag of leggos. Small bag of hot wheels. Sticker books. Water painting books.
Than I gave up and do tablets. Everyone gets a tablet and it goes away when we are eating and comes back when we’re waiting.
But we go out to eat 2-3 times a week since my boys were small.

Books and things she can use to draw or sketch on a papersttle thing.

Talk to them or coloring pages. Engage them in games like I spy.

Nothing honestly got a 7 year old 4 year old 1 year old when I go out me and dad take turns feeding youngest older 2 just hang out we put our phones away and we take turns with older 2 as well bathroom ext entertainment for us thou is for older 2 jokes convo youngest the recite or straw peek a boo ext lmao idk

Play doh and coloring book and crayons!

water painting books and doodle boards

Books and that’s all. You don’t bring toys that make noise or are huge distractions.

My grandson who will be 3 in May loves his IPad. My daughter put educational games for him to play and educational shows to watch. It keeps him calm and quite most of the time.

We don’t being toys. My little sits so well and we talk snd play eye spy, one potatoe two potatoe, rock paper scissors. I don’t allow toys or electronics at the dinner table at home so I won’t when we are out to eat. My older son was a terror he wouldn’t sit long while we waited. I did the same with him and told him he could stand by the table and we played let me see how high you can jump sometimes we’d I’d tell the waiter I’d be back I was going to take my son for a outside break. They were always fine with it. Once dinner came he would sit and eat and after he was done and if I wasn’t done eating he was allowed to stand by the table if he didn’t want to sit but I need to finish eating. I just got creative and I didn’t care who "judged " me or not. He wasn’t yelling or being loud he wasn’t running around. We don’t go out to eat very often maybe once every 2 months. It’s so expensive and I’d rather cook a meal with my family at home