What’s your experience on dealing with mental health and trying to plan more babies?

I’m hearing what you’re saying…it sounds like your family is important to you. However, you mentioned they weren’t involved and secondly, it’s not their decision. It’s yours. If you and your husband want to try for another baby, that’s between you and him. :heart:

1 Like

I have 4 kids, and honestly if I want to have more there is nothing family and friends can say about it that will change my decision. As long as you and your husband want another child who cares what others have to say.

Ma’am, it should not matter if your family approves of how many babies you have or not! You are a grown woman with a family of your own, do what is best for “YOUR family” (the one you made)…IF you and your husband feel like it’s right, then go for it and don’t worry about what someone who isn’t relevant to the situation has to say about it!! Opinions are cheap….only you and your husband know what is best for your family :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!!

1 Like

None of your families business

Everyone is correct - it IS her and SO decision BUT you should be very sure you are mentally ready to have another child! Having 3-4 children is very hard especially if you be are already fighting mental issues!! Think about who would care for them if you had a breakdown.

1 Like

Its got nothing to do with your family .
Do you both agree to have another child ?
Do you think you can cope ?
Have you the space and can you afford another one ?
Its something for yourself and your husband to decide…not your family

Just remember there is a real hereditary link with mental illness in families. No one knows exactly why some family members will experience mental illness and others won’t; financial, social, and environmental factors all play a part. You don’t have a strong support system and seem to have a lot of responsibility already. Perhaps talking to a family doctor, pastor or therapist may help in your decision. I wish you well.

2 Likes

Our world view of how our own family will look like is formulated while we are very young…around the age of 5 hence a long term personal world view/ investment in how our famies should look like; large emotional attachment to this worldly lense that we lifter our life through. As many have advised look into your heart, finances and your own well-being /self care and determine what is the best answer for you and your children as well as your immediate family - your husband. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers that the answer you come up with will give you peace and life satisfaction!

Honey they live their life so you love yours exactly like you want to don’t listen to what they tell you listen to your heart your doctors will help you make it through maybe you could find a real good friend close by or something if I lived by you I would be your friend even though I’m an older grandma

I know exactly how you feel have a mental issues and bipolar and chronic depression me having the fourth child made my mental illness worst too much anxiety worrying about providing for four children is too much I will consider for you to make sure that’s really what you want and if you go through it

Personally, I think you should get yourself to a good healthy place first. Love those boys, love your husband, and take care of yourself momma. :heart: Momma’s need a break too, it’s okay to take care of yourself :two_hearts:

Pregnancy brings many changes in our body , physically and mentally. If you are the only one who is taking care of the children that puts an extra load on you . I would spend some time praying about your decision. Depression is not easy to get thru , especially if you have a new baby and the other children . Sheila Walsh has some great books out , as she has gone thu depression several times . Her books are wonderful.

Be very cautious about experimenting with different meds while trying to get pregnant. Many of those meds can have an effect on libido, fertility, and even on a developing pregnancy or fetus.

As for mental health, the good side is that you actively seek help, and that is an important sign for success with overcoming mental health issues. Do remember that previous challenges with those issues is a good indicator you may be more likely to experience post partum depression. And if your husband tends to be away a lot, you may find dealing with it alone very disheartening and difficult.

A life coach is wonderful, but people who are more professionally trained would be better to consult with. I’d suggest talking with both your husband and a psychologist/ psychiatrist, and see if they feel it’s safe, if your husband feels comfortable having more children but being away from them and you often, and if there are proper resources in place to support you if you do. Post partum can be managed but can also be extremely serious to your safety and your children’s.

Not qualified to give u answer , but definitely speak with your spouse and a qualified physician . Every day we r tested mentally , adding more stress of another child , might be too much

Firstly you have to really dig deep and know what works for you! For me lack of sleep,not taking my medication everyday, lack of food ( forcing myself to eat)and selfish people get me down.
Signs of getting down tiredness, emotional instability, personal hygiene brushing hair,showering,caring what l wear.
If you have worked out your situation you can do this.
As for pregnancy and all of your mental health issues, a must be is pre pregnancy multi vitamins,then pregnancy multivitamins they are a must ! They we I’ll top your body up with anything lacking and whatever your baby is sucking up ,will replace it. This will keep your body healthy ,your baby and your mind. Self care will really help you before during and after. I took my medication Cymbalta before during and after my pregnancys.
You can do this because your post by shows that you are self aware and when your self aware anything is achievable :heart_eyes:

Why not try fostering a couple and see how that goes

Dearly present don’t worry about what others think about it and Do your thing it’s your life not there’s

Who’s to say you won’t pass on your problems to your child. Do you want that child to live as you have take care of you and the kids you have

Sounds like hubby is a proven male producer. 4th child will probably be a boy

You state your family is not really involved, it’s not there choice then , so try for your girl

Sounds like your on top of things and doing it alone at times. Don’t push it. You’ll have grandchildren before you know it

You admit you are having issues with three kids. How are you going to be able to manage 4?

1 Like

That is very good independentcy and continue to be proud of each one you have !God Bless

Stay healthy and praise God for who u have

So sorry, hoped it would be great.

While I love my son it was a huge mistake planning on having him knowing how bad my depression was after my daughter. I became too obsessed and strict about his care for the first year. Now that he’s 8 I cry sometimes wishing that he’d just stop talking constantly. I have been trying to find a doctor that will perform a hysterectomy but it’s like pulling teeth. I have not had sex with my husband in months because I really truly do not want another baby. I love my kids, I do, but I am ill equipped for more.

Sometimes baby fever sets in but I remember the tough moments. Heck atm I have baby fever because I just lost my mom. I know well enough that’s the grief talking.