What should an ultrasound see at 5 weeks?

So i’m 5 weeks pregnant or at least I think I am & I went in for a ultrasound & the only thing that showed was a Sac my period been missed for 1 week … is that a normal thing to show just a Sac??? or is it just to early?? Kinda Worried

3 Likes

Sounds about right, baby would be too small to see anything this early, don’t panic…

1 Like

I found out at 5w2d and all they showed was a sac. Perfectly normal!

1 Like

It’s not usually til your around 8 weeks that you see a tiny bean which is baby

1 Like

It’s a bit early. The sac is a good sign. Check again in 2 weeks

1 Like

It’s hard to know so early. My first ultrasound with my youngest was so early that nothing was on the ultrasound. She will be one next week. That’s pretty normal for 5 weeks to only see a sac! Congratulations

2 Likes

Yup at my 6 week sonogram all we could see was a sac. Not until 8 weeks we could see a baby, and hear a heartbeat

Its early, around 6 weeks you see what they call a fetal “pole” and it just looks like a line with a heartbeat attached to it lol. That’s what i seen with my son. And then around 8 weeks, they look like little turtles. So perfectly fine mama :heart:

At 5 weeks i showed literally a dot in the sack

I got my first ultrasound with my oldest at around 4 weeks I had found out I was pregnant at the hospital so they wanted to know how far I was they didn’t see anything but the sac then either then i went back 2 wks later for another ultrasound and she was there.

Sounds right. Happened to me. They told me they saw signs of pregnancy but no baby yet. Im 23 wks now. :heartpulse:Just dont stress the next appointment youll see more

Totally normal. I had my scan at 6w3d and they did an eternal ultrasound to hear the heartbeat.

5 weeks is a little early so only seeing the sack is normal. At 6 weeks with my baby we saw baby, heartbeat and yolk sac…when and what you see will depend on the ultrasound machine and what kind of ultrasound they do.

I would say just early.The reason I say this is because I was told the same thing.

Yea that’s about normal for 5 weeks

You won’t see a fetal pole until between 8 and 10 weeks

1 Like

Happened to me with my first, went back two weeks later and baby was there. Same with my third, a week later baby was there.

Didn’t your doctor tell you anything??

apsalutly normal my doc also could see just a sac that early then had 2 go back to do another scan a few weeks later and saw a fetus. … so don’t stress

I was 5 weeks and 6 days when I got this ultrasound!