What should I add to the gift basket for my neighbor?

I am about to have a baby and also have a toddler. These walls are paper thin and I want to give my neighbor a gift for having to deal with a newborn and a toddler bein loud lol (they never complain and dont seem ti mind) but i wanna put together a gift basket for them to show i appreciate their kindess…what should i add to it?

146 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I add to the gift basket for my neighbor? - Mamas Uncut

Snacks, earplugs, wine, nice note, maybe a picture from the toddler?

2 Likes

I love this extension of kindness! Good job

I’d greet them first and see what they like. They probably won’t mind but if they do,.earplugs and wine lol…

Add some fluffy ear muffs, perhaps a bath set gift, assorted bickies and chocs and a card thanking them for being such awesome neighbours lol are they coffee or tea drinkers? There are awesome gifts in that department too.

1 Like

10 or more packs of reusable and disposable ear plugs

Earplugs as a joke !!!
You can buy them a card , write a nice message and put a restaurant gift card on it so they can go to have a nice dinner .

2 Likes

Cleaning products.house supplies and stuff of that nature

Sleepy time tea.
Ear plugs.
Cozy socks.
Soft blanket.
Maybe a mug (mugs)
Snacks.
Have the toddler make a cute little picture.
Find out if they drink, and include some wine.
And a nice little note.

2 Likes

A gift card for a date night.

Wine, fluffy socks, spa stuff, snacks, ear plugs. Anything self pampering! And u can get a lot of good stuff at a dollar tree or 5 below so it’s easy on the pocket. And I heard Aldi’s has good wine for good prices too.

3 Likes

Movie Passes so they can have a night away from the noise. Gift card for dinner or something. A card to let them know just how much it means to you. You don’t have to spend alot. Believe me, the smallest acts of kindness are always the best. I’m sure they’ll love whatever you get them.

2 Likes

A pack of condoms and some wine, seriously though :rofl::pleading_face::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

A white noise machine or tranquil sounds.

2 Likes

Definitely earplugs as a joke and Tylenol maybe some alcohol

4 Likes

Lmfao I love this, I should do this for my neighbor!!

Sealed stuff only cuz covid

1 Like

What a wonderful idea!!

Anything alcoholic!!

2 Likes

Some incense, something boozie, new headphones/earbuds. I love thay you’re doing this

1 Like

Alcohol, coffee, tea, gift cards, Tylenol or ibuprofen…

Ear Plugs AND a loud movie

Aromatherapy shower steamers. -For a calming shower. Amazon has them

Coffee, teas, wine, gift cards for restaurants, maybe some snack stuff

1 Like

Fruit,dried fruit packs,different kinds of nuts

Wine, bath bombs, candles

1 Like

Alcohol, ibuprofen, lavender/stress relief candle

2 Likes

Wine, chocolate, earplugs

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend alcohol as you don’t know what they drink if at all or in recovery etc so best to stick to other things like some choccies, some nicely smellies, maybe a couple different little cakes or couple of cupcakes maybe.

4 Likes

Maybe gift cards, some chocolates and a thanks you note for being patient with your kids living next door. I couldn’t imagine having to live in an apartment with my kids. More power to the families who live in one and for the neighbors who aren’t pissy about it

2 Likes

Ear plugs, music, a great movie, and a nice note

1 Like

Awe this is nice. I really should do something like this for my downstairs neighbors tho, my 2 year old has a new thing where when he gets upset he drops to his knees all super dramatic like as if he’s in an R&B video. Between that and all the running around I just know they’ve gotta hear it. MY neighbor to the side swears she hasn’t heard anything, my apartment complex is pretty nice and seems to be pretty soundproof but there’s only so much sound this floor can absorb. That’s really thoughtful tho, I wish I’d thought of something like that before.

1 Like

Noise cancelling headphones. Ear plugs. Melatonin. Alcohol… :joy::ok_hand:

6 Likes

Ear plugs a Netflix subscription a comfy pillow blanket bottle of wine green tea lavender candel and some weed :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

*Lottery scratch offs

• Gift card to the movies for 2

This is amazing! Love posts like this… congratulations

3 Likes

You need to find what are they in to

I hate when people send you a bunch of stuff you will never use

2 Likes

You are amazing for doing this

Boundaries. Far and few in between!

Some weed… definitely an edible or even some flower. Best gift to give :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m Ur neighbor and would like lots of cash and alcohol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

3 Likes

A bottle of alcohol if you know they drink or bud if you know they partake, some snacks, some nice earplugs, a candle and a card explaining the basket and showing your appreciation for their understanding in the future. Don’t put objects in there really but if you kinda have an idea about them you can figure out what they eat Yano.

1 Like

A movie basket with popcorn, a couple of movies ( dvds) snacks, maybe a small bottle of wine, two cans of coke, n a gift card for Netflix ( call it a chil-lax basket)

2 Likes

A handwritten thank you letter for being so understanding and apologize for any inconveniences the noises have caused them. Let them know you are trying your best and offer them a meal. A crock pot of chili or soup, their favorite movie passes with a voucher for popcorn and a drink. A basket of muffins or something would work as well. It’s very kind of you to think of showing gratitude. If I was your neighbor just the letter and maybe a small bouquet of just because flowers would melt me.

5 Likes

Ear plugs and a nice letter.

Id do hot chocolate and movies for nights when you don’t want wine.

1 Like

Ear plugs
A bottle of wine
Pamper stuff
A thank you card

1 Like

Gift card for a nice restaurant and a very nice thank you card.

6 Likes

A day at the spa! And some head phones

give them dinner coupons to different placed

1 Like

chocolates,strawberries…gin…flowers…gin…nuts…gin! …LOL

2 Likes

A very nice idea! Note and treat!

1 Like

You are a lovely neighbour, as they also sound.

2 Likes

Gift cards for dinner
Ohhh a hotel.com gift card to get away!

2 Likes

Give them a very nice thank you card
And a gift card to a nice restaurant and a gift card to a movie
Some treats /snacks
Or you can do a cheese and cracker platter with sausage and a bottle of wine and some treats

3 Likes

What a lovely idea :heart:

1 Like

Ear plugs and alcohol :wine_glass:

1 Like

That’s very considerate of you!

1 Like

While you send the basket in appreciation, you can also send it in humor.

I would send goodies, like snacks and candy, but I would also include a note, booze and ear plugs. Depending on your relationship with your neighbor and their sense of humor, as well as if they have children, I’d include a box of condoms because while we all love our children, we also know that they’re a great form of birth control.

If you don’t have that kind of relationship with your neighbors, let the condoms out, but definitely include the booze and ear plugs!

7 Likes

Gift cards for a dinner are nice. I would include things like summer sausage, cheese, crackers, and tea bags for iced tea. A thank you card would be very thoughtful.

3 Likes

I do like this idea & what ever oen else said, A very heart warming note should be including, because that is what really counts

3 Likes

I would put notes on everything
A package popcorn to listen to the „drama“
A wine/beer for when it gets too much
Sleeping pills with a Sorry note
A gift card to get away and have some quiet time
A candle to light up for u

6 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 20687 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://azamingjobs46.pages.dev/

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 20687 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. https://azamingjobs46.pages.dev/

I didn’t read comments, but having been in that situation before -
If your neighbors are a bit older, maybe ask if they’d like to spend time with your babies? They may have grandkids or nieces/nephews that are quite distant. Maybe lost a child.
A little I.O.U. handmade coupon book (I.O.U. picking up your groceries while I’m out, a car wash, {insert craft or hobby your enjoy/excel at} project of your choice, a tea date…whatever is appropriate).
A date night basket when y’all may do a date night. Wine, cheese, candles, soft (emphasis on soft), relaxing CD, to enjoy while you all are out.
A subscription. Magazine, streaming service, music/meditation service.
A class. Get them out of the house and into a new hobby. Or, yoga/meditation to help them deal with stress.
Earplugs (go big - air buds/headphones), sleep masks and aromatherapy diffuser.

Depends on your neighbors. Chances are, a gift card to a grocery, restaurant or big box store, in a fair amount to cover apps/meals/desserts for them and a thoughtful card would probably be quite enough (and! Note in that card that if they have issues with noise, please address you directly so you can both work out a mutually beneficial arrangement…i.e., please keep kids away from joint wall after 8PM, please if you could hold it down Tuesdays from 4-6…).
Good luck and brightest blessings!

2 Likes

Ear plugs,alcohol, candy, thank you card, maybe a cooked meal, or invite.them over for dinner to introduce them

4 Likes

Ear plugs or head sets.

Alcohol lol. Lots of Alcohol, maybe some earplugs

1 Like

God Bless you for doing that it’s really hard to live in a situation like that believe me I have been there

3 Likes

M0re Info. https://azamingjobs85.pages.dev/

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 16298 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. ===> https://dollarquick140.pages.dev/

When I get new neighbors I usually bake chocolate chip cookies and add a card with who you are and your phone number just Incase they ever need a friend to talk to. I will also add a package of gummy worms if they have kids.

1 Like

A bottle of wine :wine_glass: & a gift card for a restaurant.

7 Likes

Noise maker that sounds like the ocean.

2 Likes

Tv headphones & melatonin :rofl:

3 Likes

A white noise machine, those are fantastic for drowning out noises.

2 Likes

Ear plugs😄 Just kidding! Snack sized peanuts, candy bars, microwave popcorn, a bottle of wine, cork screw, if needed, wine glasses

2 Likes

You can add ear plugs as a joke along with a thank you card .for them never complaining

2 Likes

As a joke ear plugs or headphones and Excedrin lol

I would give them a plant and gift certificate.

Wine , ear muffs and snacks

I would get a card and stick a pair of ear plugs on it as a funny! But also some snacks like popcorn a few different candy bars! You’re very thoughtful!

I would get a card and stick a pair of ear plugs on it as a funny! But also some snacks like popcorn a few different candy bars! You’re very thoughtful!