What should I charge someone for babysitting?

I will be babysitting 2 kids here in about a month (ages 3 and 4 months) what would you charge or be comfortable paying someone for that!? Right now it’s 30/day for the little one I have now! Living in NY!

2 Likes

Do you supply food? And how long do you have them?

I paid a friend $70 for 7 hours for watching my toddler . I’m in Ontario Canada

I charge my parents $45/day for a baby and $40/day for a toddler. That being 8hrs a day in my home. Im in rural PA tho

Per day or week ? $300 a week is for one child in daycare here in Alabama

1 Like

Is it for a favor. Do you know the parents? Maybe you’ll need a favor s9me time. If it’s only for short time, ask $50

$500/week here in MA per infant here. At least $400/week for toddlers. There are center prices.

How many hours day, 5 days a week? I’d pay $100 a day for full days all week.

2 Likes

I used to pay $30/d for my 2 oldest, but I would take their snacks and lunch to her, so $30-$40/day would be normal if it’s a constant gig, now if it’s just a once in a blue moon, then I would charge hourly.

Depends on days and hours.
I babysit two boys ( they are siblings) they are currently 2 years and 1 year ( been babysitting both of them since they were 3 months)
I charge 250 a week ( Monday -Friday) full time
I live in NC .
Their parents provide all of their meals and snacks and milk .
I can charge a little more but on my case it’s Oky , their parents are very generous. They pay me the whole week not matter if I have them for less hours some days or even when they do not come .

I get $30 a day also. Good price.

My Grandson paid 800 a month in Oklahoma Monday through Friday from 8 to 5 that was in a Nursery. He is now in Maryland and pays 1600a month the same hours

3 Likes

When I babysit I charge $3/hour for one kid or $5/hour for two kids but I’m also very flexible if I know for certain that the parents don’t make that much money

2 Likes

If they supply everything, that is what I charge… for a family with 2 kids i might take it to $55/ day

$150 a week for an infant here in Md and $75 a week 2 and above. Hours are 6 am til 5pm . $15 for every 15 minutes late .

I babysit for a family member in their home, 2 kids age 6 & 3, $15 an hour. It is less than care .com is charging people in our area and i try to cook and clean some while I’m there

My daughters income daycare charges roughly $36 a day. It’s $180 a week.