What should I do about my childs bully?

My son is 6 I wouldn’t allow him at the park by him self’ you never know who could be watching or attempting to steal kids. Smh’

4 Likes

Have him invite him over.

My mom would let me play with all the other kids in LA and she would occasionally peek out the balcony and that was it and me and all the apartments kids survived and were not rape we were taught to be weary of people and not be dumb an go off with strangers because we could be cut up into little pieces so y’all stop being helicopter parents :roll_eyes: and regarding ur son teach him how to fight and punch good and hard one punch to the kids face and he’ll learn not to mess with your son unless he wants another but whooping. He needs to learn to defend himself and the other kids parents need to teach their son too keep his hands to himself or they will be consequences

9 Likes

I’m still just shocked that a parent would let their 5 year old child go to the playground by themselves…

4 Likes

I don’t think that they should go to the playground without an adult.

6 Likes

I’d go over and chat with the kid. Chase him, catch him, and don’t let him go until you find out where his parents are. If he refuses to tell you then call 911 and have them sort it out.
We had a little kid on the street for weeks over here alone. So there’s always that chance that his parents aren’t any where near by.

1 Like

I’m sorry but a 7 year old doesn’t have the skills to handle this situation by himself. He needs a parent to intervene. None of them should be there unsupervised. What if one gets hurt or a pedophile approaches them? Kids are kids…they need supervision.

2 Likes

I agree that the 5yo home life is most likely not an attentive, loving, nurturing one. But, I also feel lone your 7yo has every right to defend/advocate for himself. In my head I’m thinking “if my son were being bullied (no matter age) I would tell him to NEVER allow someone to put hands on him” - In my heart I am saying “I wonder if the 5yo has a loving home, do his parents care, and WHY? to so many things” — I say all that to say I would find out who the parents are (somehow) and have an adult conversation - especially because it seems your 7yo may not be the only child experiencing the bully - then after allowing the 5yo parents to actually parent and correct the behavior IF it persists I would absolutely without hesitating advise my son to take no shit- pardon the curse word! Good Luck mama!

I agree tell you’re kid to fight back . enough is enough. If it was my child getting bullied I wouldve been tried to find the parents of this little boy and see why the hell he’s bullying my son and why the hell he’s parents aren’t being attentive.

Imma just leave this here

30 Likes

Let him fight back …

1 Like

At 7, you should be there monitoring and intercepting the bullying before it escalates and speak to the parents. Why is a 7 year old struggling with a bully alone? Thay is not independence, that’s weird.

8 Likes

The sad reality is that kids who hurt others are likely being hurt by someone themselves. This is not a justification or excuse, but open your eyes for a moment, and observe this “bullies” life. Teach your child that not every child has a wonderful home life, you’re not going to fix the bully, sadly. And this also won’t be the last bully your child encounters in life. There are bullies even into adulthood. My son who is now 14 has dealt with a few mean kids over the years, in each instance those kids had unfortunately parents that bullied them.

1 Like

My sons 5 and has an on/off bully. I told him to slam the little **** to the ground. Had enough of my son heing a target. Last incident was Monday and I’m ready to rip the other mother’s head off.

Your chikd has the right to defend himself against ANYONE. Bigger or smaller: a bully is a bully

Although I would be accompanying your child to the playground for now…

5 Likes

I wouldnt allow my 7yr old out alone,whether seen at window or not. To fix the problem be out there with your kid. If the child’s starts then you handle it as the parent. At them ages kids are still learning and need to be taught by adults.

8 Likes

I tell my kids to fight back. As a person who was bullied her whole childhood it’s the only way to get them to stop.

1 Like

Invite the bully over for a play date. He obviously isn’t getting much attention at home (who leaves a 5 year old alone play a playground) and maybe with some gentle guidance and friendship he will stop the bullying.

10 Likes

Go to the playground with your son, catch the tick and take it to your nearest police station. Report the situation. The cops should do something.

My daughter had a bully. I said you can either try to be nice and see where they are coming from and if they don’t reciprocate from there than distance yourself.
If they don’t take the hint from there tell a parent. If it doesn’t stop you go to code red and rock their shit.

I was taught to fight back if I HAD to, I’ll teach my daughter the same, if I have done everything in my power to talk it out and be kind but it’s not working you can bet that you will get your shit rocked. I don’t play with bullies but I do prefer to try and talk it out. Which clearly isn’t working. I would also complain to the front office so that when your kid done fight back there is something on paper to establish a habit from the 5yo.

If any kid touches my kid, my kid will have full permission to knock them the fuck out :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

File a complaint and get a cease and desist order. We had to do this to a younger kid that was bullying my daughter. We found out who the parents were by watching which apartment the kid went into. Went and warned the parents that my bigger child had had enough and was going to start fighting back. Few days later the kid hit her with a sick she clocked him. He went down and stayed down. Never messed with my girl again

2 Likes

Find out who this kid’s parents are and speak to them they may not know what their child is doing. Or go down with ur son honestly at 7 I wouldn’t let my child any where by themselves even if it’s in eyes view.

2 Likes

I’d tell my kid to hit back if it’s reoccurring. Idgaf if I could without going to jail I’d do it myself :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

My kids have full permission to defend themselves from anybody no matter who they are. Touch my child they’re gonna get touched back and I have no problem dealing with parents or anybody else. Don’t teach your kid they have to take abuse from someone regardless of who they are because then they’re gonna grow up thinking it’s ok. And start going on the playground with him or at least somewhere that you can get to him if something happens. If someone drove up with a van and kidnapped him you couldn’t stop it from your kitchen

1 Like

I may just be crazy and over protective but the second I figured out my kid is being bullied I would have been watching that kid to find out where his momma is and once I do… I’m politely tell him the next time he does ANYTHING to my kids I will gladly come beat his mom up . I’ll go tell the momma to. Check your kid before I rock your shit.

1 Like

Honestly you did the right thing yes it’s not ok to hands on someone but sometimes you just need to stand up for yourself

1 Like

Telling your kid to have hands on IS NOT OK… Two wrongs dont make it right… My opinion now you are just making your kid into a bully by telling him it’s all good to be hands on… Grow up be an adult ask around and find out who the parents are and talk to them about it. If they dont fix the problem then call the police and have them handle it…

10 Likes

Yes find his pairent

Teach your kid how to “accidentally” do things back! I taught this to my kids when they were in school and it worked like a charm. Can’t get in trouble for “accidentally” elbowing him in the face!

4 Likes

Giiiiiiiirl. You go to the mother! Talk to her about her little shit :rofl:

The one piece of advice I always give to our 11 year old is we don’t make personal attacks by poking fun at looks, weight, intelligence etc. But if somebody does it to her tell them to grow up, get lost, etc etc or just ignore them.

When it comes to the physical stuff, I tell her she will never be in trouble for defending herself. If somebody hits her she has the right to hit back. Self defence is a legitimate response as long as what you return is reasonable to what you received. I won’t teach her to just stand by and get hit / punched / pushed and do nothing to protect herself in return.

Right now it’s bullies around their own age, in the future it could be abusive spouses and our kids need to learn they have the right to stand up and protect themselves from harm (or just annoying little kids lol).

5 Likes

Go with him to the playground, I feel like that’s an obvious answer? Tell the kid to bugger off. You say you can see everything out the window, so surely you would have seen this kid starting on yours? Maybe the supervision isn’t as good as you say it is because otherwise it would be obvious as hell. 7 years old and 5 years old are too young to be unaccompanied at the park anyway and they are, since walkie talkies won’t stop someone from rolling up and snatching them. It has happened before in safe areas at communal playgrounds, even with camera systems. I would stop sending him down there by himself entirely. It’s dangerous and irresponsible. He’s 7, he doesn’t need to be “independent” at a park without an adult…

3 Likes

Hell nah… part of me says. If that little shit wants to act like a big bad boy… treat him as such. It doesnt matter… that kid understands what hes doing.

But… you know that kids parents are probably the reason he is that way. So maybe… tell your kid to leave if hes around. Dont stoop to that kids level… but instead. Ignore him and play with the other kids. Idk man. It’s sad.

So. Kick him.ignore him… idk. But your kid should be comfortable

My parents always taught us that we better not ever start a fight, but we dang sure better finish it. You absolutely told him the right thing.

6 Likes

Call me a bad mom if you want but im the type that will bully that kid haha you push my kid down and wet them and I will be right behind him with the water hose and soak your little ass. Then I’ll give my kid the hose to get you back. Crazy mama :rofl:

File a complaint forsure!

A bully is a bully for a reason. Only one way to stop bulling and that is take a stand. Your child needs to realize and understand this and know when to use needed force and when not to. One good show of strength may change the individuals mind. Or you can always tape down the key button on your sons walkie talkie then record said bulling and deliver it to his parents.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with violence but children need to know how to fight back and not be walked all over its an important life lesson!!

3 Likes

Sorry but I’d have tools my kid the same thing. He obviously needs a taste of his own medicine. The fact that people are like two wrongs don’t make a right have no idea. I was bullied and it didn’t stop until I started standing up for myself when my grandmother have me permission to not let people abuse me. Good job mom you did the right thing. But yes absolutely report it to the office and maybe go out there while he’s out there for a little a week or so.

2 Likes

The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them…younger or not. You absolutely did the right thing. I always taught my daughter that defending herself was 100% acceptable. If this child is constantly assaulting your child, your child has EVERY RIGHT to defend himself!

2 Likes

Have you even spoken to the parents ??? Clearly they aren’t with him if not they would of stopped it… other than that they might not even know what’s going on when he plays out …
I hope it stops or they keep that kid inside since he clearly can’t behave

There’s no way my kid who is older than this would be going to a playground on his own. 10 years is about the right age. Once they can use a mobile phone. This is nuts. Who the hell is letting their 5 year old in a playground on their own! They need reporting to the authorities. That’s what you should do!

I’ll never forget being 8 years old snd this girl would roller by my house msking fun of me she had hot me a few times my mom
Looked at me snd said I’m
Done go kick her ass do I did lol, I tell my boys all the time you never start it but if someone touches you you touch back twice as hard snd finish it snd I’ll handle the call :woman_shrugging:I also tell
Then if they ever see somebody being bullied they’re just as bad for just watching Kids csn be so mean

Ok, let’s flip the coin here & look at the other side…

This bully is 5.
At a playground by himself.
You never see parents or babysitter with him.

Chances are very good that you are seeing the product of a neglected & most likely abused child…

My biggest suggestion, & it may SUCK because your child is older, but,

Go to the playground with your child. Each & every time he goes. Buy a huge box of fruit snacks, snack crackers, & juices.
Take them to the playground with you & invite every child to come have a snack with you.
Then tell meaningful stories, about friendship, how to be a friend, how feelings get hurt when others are mean, ect.

My guess, is this child bully is scared, jealous, & seeking any attention he can get. Show all of these kids how to offer forgiveness and friendship.

If things don’t change after a few weeks between the children, take it to the next level by finding our who the parents are. If talking to the parents don’t work, you have to protect your child, & the bully child by reporting the parents to DCS/Police.

1 Like

My lb got bullied badly at school he was in reception and the bully was in yr2! I told the teachers even had it out with the bully’s mum nothing then eventually I told my son to fight back he did so much so he broke his nose :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but then my son started using that as a first defence despite me telling him not to and explained why, he has calmed down now and is back to being his beautiful kind self but now there is another bully and this time in the same class my son has told his teacher he will hit him back next time so they have kept them apart so I guess hitting them back works but may have a backlash like it did in my lbs situation I wish your little one the best Not a nice situation to be in at all xx

I’d file a complaint first. See if the building managers can help you figure out who this kids parents are. If they can’t/won’t… then I’d definitely let my child fight back!

1 Like

I have always told my son to stand up for himself… he did to a bully one day. This bully punched my son so my son gave it back well Mr bully soon backed down, some bullies need a taste of their own medicine. They’re friends now and always step in when they see kids get bullied.

Teach him to hit back the bully will move on to someone else once your sons shows him he won’t put up with it

He has to go home right … wait him out follow him home and speak to the parents !!!

My daughter 11 at the time was bullied by a 12yr old BOY at school biggest mistake he made was kicking her in the rib on the playground, I don’t report shit like that to the school cos nothing gets done, I take care of it myself, went to the school without my daughter knowing, walked in his class’ whos Jakeb? They all pointed to this kid i said come here, followed me outside i looked straight into his eyes and gave him the what up!! Then said you go near my daughter again il hang you from that fcken netball pole upside naked do you understand me? Yes… my daughter comes home from school that same day and saids Mum guess what? What, that boy Jakeb came up to me and apologized to me, i said did he Lol and to this day she still doesn’t know I went there Oh and he never went near her again :joy::rofl: she’s nearly 16 …