What should I do about not getting child support?

I haven’t received child support in going on 3 months. My oldest daughter’s dad is supposed to pay 200 a month in CS. I havent received it since December. How do I ask him about it without starting a fight? I know it’s not a lot but it does help some.

31 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I do about not getting child support?

Just ask him if he is going to pay. Is it court ordered and is it being taken by the state? I always suggest this to people. You can also take him to court for non compliance if you have a court order.

You need to go thru the courts and child support office and get it taken from his paycheck. Also if he files taxes back child support gets taken out of it also.

5 Likes

So I went online and looked this up last summer.
There’s a site that will lead you to fill out their info. And then the CS should take care of it.
Now it automatically comes out of her check.

Go file for child support he will be forced to pay or he will get v introuble for not paying

Go through the courts but honestly they won’t do much.

3 Likes

Go through court to make it court approved and then go to your local DHHS and they will take it directly from his checks. They’ll also start a back child support if he’s not paying. He’ll lose his license (and any business/fishing/hunting license) at q certain point if he doesn’t pay.

But if he’s working under the table or hopping from job to job, they can’t force money out of him either. I NEVER count on CS as income because my ex is so flaky. He owes me 4k in back child support.

2 Likes

At this point I’m just letting mine accumulate. If he ever gets a legit steady job, files taxes or receives any disability, I will get what’s owed. I’ve just decided that the stress isn’t worth it, I’ll let the state find him when they can.

5 Likes

Is it court ordered?

If your child support if through a divorce then you might want to call the court. The judges secretary is a good place to start.
I have a child support case through the state so I have a portal that I can login to and there is a chat feature. You can request some kind of action which usually starts with a letter to the other parent asking for their employment info, or you can provide that if known, and they can garnish wages. They can set another court date to make him pay. They can suspend his license and report the arrears to the credit bureaus.

You don’t ask about it. You report it. If y’all have a good relationship he should of communicated why etc.

3 Likes

Why worry about starting a fight? Your child needs that money. Tell him flat out to pay up or you’re going to the sheriff for a warrant.

If it’s court ordered wouldn’t you go through Family Maintenance and have them follow up with him?

Contempt of court orders go back to court let the judge know

Do a show cause hearing on him

Im still waiting for child support for my oldest. He’s 26.

Is the support court ordered?
Is there a reason he hasn’t paid such as loss of employment or illness?

Is it court ordered? If so call the CS office and they will send him a letter if they see fit. Some states you need to go so long without getting it

I saw good comments about Lisa Jennifer on how she helps people,so I decided to contact her and I’m glad I did Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit
Lisa Jennifer

Assuming if you take him to court it would be more?? Remind him of that.

If its court ordered - file contempt

Don’t go to him go to were ever you went to start getting it they will take care of the rest.you don’t have to say nothing to him about it

just take it to the courts - if it’s not court ordered, make it so. Give him one chance then file with the courts.

Go back to court. Get a lawyer. IRS will give you his tax return.

You can take him to court, it will cost you to do so. I’d leave it alone because when he files taxes they will take what he owes

I just ignored it. Courts eventually took care of it for me at 6 months. By 8 months he paid when they said they’d take his license. He has a cdl.

1 Like

Don’t ask him. Go to the court office and file a claim against him.

Go thru the courts and child support enforcement and get it automatic deducted from his pay checks

1 Like

If it’s ordered you should have been assigned a technician when the CS was approved. Contact them for help.

1 Like

Contact the child support office about enforcing the payment. They will see why first and if no good reason and he doesn’t catch up they will hold him in contempt.

1 Like

If you have an order in place, ask the child support office for an enforcement of the order.

If it’s not court ordered, you can’t do anything. If it’s court ordered, call your local s r s…

2 Likes

Turn him to the child support office so they can open a case for enforcement. You don’t have to talk to him at all.

1 Like

They wont care if it’s 3 months

3 Likes

I been dealing with this for years… my son’s father owes 20,000+ and I still haven’t gotten anything. I was told due to covid, the state is not really enforcing it either…I live in Tx idk if its different from other places

1 Like

Child support enforcement :100:

In Oregon you can turn it over to the state and they collect and send to you, Wisconsin goes after dead beat dads arrests them and will extradite them! from other states and make them work it off! :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: oh I love it…find out about your state. Good Luck once I turned it over to the state I got it the same time every month and didn’t have to talk to him or listen to his threats or his new girlfriend’s bitchiness ! <3

I’m in Texas and always go through the system. Here there’s a online chat and they’ll send him a notice and if he doesn’t pay they’ll set a date to pay by before issuing a warrant.

1 Like

I haven’t recieved a dime in 6 years, I live in Texas and they don’t do nothing to them. He owes me 95,000

3 Likes

Where I’m from they have something called FRO you sign up/apply for it and they will help you or your local child support office. You’ll either get it monthly or every time he does his taxes you’ll get his returns if he hasn’t helped during the year.

When you figure it out lmk. Been 7 years now. Not holding my breath…

4 Likes

Even if it is court ordered, there’s not much you can do. He will start being penalized legally, but if he doesn’t care about any of tht… your shit out of luck. My BD died when our child turned 6.
Out of 4 + years he paid $1200… and thay was only because he was stuck in jail. & he had be arrested multiple other times & the parish didn’t hold him accountable. He died owing over 10k in back support there’s no ssi for my son. Oh well.

All you can do is make sure you can survive without expecting his financial help.

7 Likes

Mine owes me 10,000 right now. I call and call and nothing gets done… they apparently lifted their ban on warrants but still haven’t put one out… I’m eligible for a court date but the courts are so backed up they keep telling me to wait for a date. So good luck

2 Likes

you don’t rely on cs, thats what you do. :roll_eyes::unamused:

6 Likes

If you figure it out let me know. My oldest is about to be 16 and I don’t get anything. No telling how high the amount he owes me has gotten now.

No advice here, I rarely got it in the first place and now I’m back with my older daughter dad, and with my hubby, a polyamorous, so all I can say is good luck. I hope you get what you need.

How do I ask about it without starting a fight??? Lol based on that sentence you’ll never get it.

1 Like

Get child support to collect it instead

1 Like

You don’t you phone the child support team

What is this child support you speak of? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Don’t feel guilty for asking he’s the father he should pay if you need help contact the department of revenue child support department

I havent received mine in 9 years

Call the child support office and ask them to start enforcement

If it’s through the courts, contact them. If it’s not through the courts and this is something y’all agreed on, then take him to court.

2 Likes

Mine oldest son father hasn’t paid a dime. He will be 18 in few months he owes a lot but because they didn’t look for him they shut the case. He lives in Minnesota

Contact the courts they may be able to put a warrant out but since covid started they haven’t done that either soooo no real suggestion but when you figure it out lmk cause it’s been well over 6 months And before that probably a year and no one can do anything

File with Child Support Enforcement. You will never have to worry about it again.

1 Like

Don’t ask just report it to probation. They will get on him.

You can set it up through the state so it’s automatically deducted from his paycheck, assuming he has a paycheck job.

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten anything for almost 4 years

1 Like

You should be able to get any tax refund due him I thought. Contact a lawyer.

Just tell foc. My baby daddy was behind a couple months and within the week I called, they had a court date set up for 3 weeks later and gave him 30 days to pay it back up or he would have to go back in front of judge.

My ex has NEVER paid CS even though he is court ordered to pay $225 a month. He’s over $15000 behind. NOTHING I can do about it.

1 Like

Keep going to the court. Update where he is working at and address

Contact the courts and ask them to help. But in the meantime you work and do what you have to to cover you and your daughter because many times you will never see a dime from my experience.

3 Likes

The only way you get money is if he’s working and they have that information…

You don’t. Notify the court

They sent new cards out you might not of got them I didn’t get my card rite away

Or child support office. If you know hes working report it to child support office. You have a case worker you report this to

1 Like

If you don’t have a court order there is nothing you can do. Get a court order and then if he doesn’t pay register with maintenance enforcement and it will be garnished from his wages. They will take it from him and give to you.

1 Like

Go through DSS and the court. From the time he pays through them, they will follow up when late. Never have to go through him again.

5 Likes

I called cs. Let them know, and let them know,
And then once he got a job they garnished his first check

2 Likes

I haven’t got cs in and year and just got this email from child support. So make sure u file cs threw the state this is 18 years in the making

5 Likes

You don’t have to ask him about it find the number to the local child support office in your county and call and ask them about it

5 Likes

I also call CS and they took it from his taxes :joy:

4 Likes

My ex is supposed to pay 300 something a month…if they dont want to pay they aren’t going too. You have to take him to court

6 Likes

Wth is child support

Go through your state organization for child support. They will contact his place of work and also keep track of the arrears

1 Like

You don’t notify the court you get ahold of your division child support dshs it might be called different where you live im in Washington but they will go after him

1 Like

If you guys are civil you could just ask him if he has the funds to pay his cs. But aside from that you would probably have to go through your local agency for them to have his wages garnished.

1 Like

I gotta call the child support office about mine. I haven’t gotten anything from my sons dads ever (he’s 2 1/2) and I haven’t gotten more then $800 in the last 4 years from my oldest dad. (Who is supposed to pay $400 a month)

Well I know someone who is getting a little bit from the dead beats sperm donor and the cs gets more than the mom does. And I don’t understand why they get more and don’t have to do anything it’s not right for the mom’s

You don’t notify him, you notify the child support office. If you aren’t using them, you really can’t do anything to make him pay. :woman_shrugging: So, file with the C.S. office. They will handle it for you when it’s in the system.

1 Like

Good luck, going on 20 yrs, I just don’t/didn’t count on it,

File for contempt. He knows he is supposed to pay it. No point in verbally reminding him.

1 Like

Go to child support enforcement

1 Like