What should I do for my son?

Doctors say my son is behind because he doesn't have much vocabulary. But he does sign or just get what he wants himself. He is behind because he doesn't play with toys his age but he is into toys for a 4 or 5 year old. Not toys for a 2 year old. He can't say names of the kids he plays with but knows their names. And in his defense on that one I can barely say their names the right way. Then I was told "well he doesn't know how to do this and that is because you didn't teach him. And most parents wouldn't have taught to teach they child at this age." Their words btw. I hate overthinking things. And I hate not knowing if I truly need to get him into a program to get caught up.

Speech therapy, sign language pecs pictures then aac device ipad when they can learn it. I pointed to my mouth when talking to my son. Also My son was diagnosed with nonverbal autism he lost his speech. But has recently gained his speech back after years. Sensory toys like spin and light up toys are good my son doesn’t really play with toys either.