What should I do?

Let the kids know each other x

1 Like

The kids did nothing wrong and growing up without having a relationship with one of their siblings will only cause resentment when they are older.

4 Likes

Stay in touch for the kids. They deserves to know each other.

3 Likes

Ahhhmmm Have you gone to the police??

3 Likes

ummmmā€¦ well donā€™t keep the kids away from their father. Just because they donā€™t want to talk to him now, doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll be that way forever.

2 Likes

If that is her only motive then I think siblings deserve to get to know each other!

Let them know their siblings, so they donā€™t meet on personal terms in the future. Just set boundaries.

1 Like

Iā€™d allow them to be siblings, they have nothing to do with the situation.

Sheā€™s still a child technically. Sheā€™s just as much a victim here as you. And especially if domestic is involved she could really use someone I bet. Build a relationship with her so the kids can get a chance to have theirs.

18 Likes

I would be VERY careful with all of this.

2 Likes

The siblings need a relationship with one another. Put your issues with her aside, and let the children be a part of each otherā€™s lives.

1 Like

The kids should visit their father as often as the prison permits. I think it is a good idea for your children to keep in contact with their half sibling. They may choose later in life to NOT stay in contact, but for now they should have the opportunity to know their family.

Wow. Umm everyone is commenting on the fact that sheā€™s 17, and the father bla blaaa. But u didnā€™t ask that, you asked about her keeping in touch with you for the childrenā€™s sake. And frankly yea. Let these siblings know each other. The children are not at fault for whatever mess the father created.

3 Likes

So you called and had him arrested correct?

3 Likes

First off, I really hope you called the cops on himā€¦ secondly that baby is still going to be your childrenā€™s sibling and they deserve to know/have a relationship with that baby

Pretty sure thatā€™s statutory rape of a minor :confused:

I think I would allow them to stay in contact with their sibling. But wow on your exā€™s part,smh

Nah manā€¦ what about your kids who are already born? Going through the trauma of divorce. Do they know Dad got a 17 yr old pregnant? If it were me, I wouldnā€™t want them to know. Imo They should NOT know that. Not while they are kids and still developing. It could seriously negatively affect THEM and their development . As their Mom -I believe your first responsibility is to protect YOUR children above all else. So the girl and her unborn child donā€™t get consideration here.
It is the responsibility of your husband and the gf to look out for the welfare of her child, but not at the expense of whatā€™s best for yours.
When the kids are older or adults fine. Tell them. Itā€™s still gonna suck, but they will be in a better place and age to cope.

The children are innocent. They deserve the chance to know each other.

The baby did nothing wrong. Itā€™s not their fault the dads an idiot. Let the babies know each other its their sibling.

Of course you should stay in touch so the kids can know eachother. I would also be going to the police too.

1 Like

Yallā€¦ first of all there is not enough information here as far as the age goesā€¦ How old is this guy?? If he is only like 20 or 21 this is NOT crime like damn!!! I was 17 when I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 16 just turning 17 and her dad was 20. Now if he is like 30 or something then yea thats kinda weird. Secondā€¦ now like dv shit is not okay. I would stay away from him for now but let the kids have a relationship.

I would want to know my siblings!

Take him to court i would be careful

Iā€™m friends with all my sons siblings mothers, and thereā€™s multiple.:sweat_smile: my son knows who his siblings are! But, I was the young one. I was 16 and he was 24. :upside_down_face: I say do it! They are siblings.

Iā€™d let them stay in contact. None of the kids are at fault for anything. Donā€™t punish them bc dear old dad thinks w the wrong head

This is really hard. My partner and I split for a while when I was 23 and he began seeing a ā€œvery well knownā€ local girl.
We never saw eye to eye but she fell pregnant. I didnā€™t find this out until 4/5 months into her pregnancy and by this time my partner and I were back together and there was some speculation as to if my partner was even the dad due to her promiscuous ways.
We had our child 2 years after the baby was born and when the girls were 3 and 5 she contacted me and we began a relationship between them. Itā€™s been turbulent and hard and honestly sometimes I feel like the effort isnā€™t worth the pain but I much preferred to be the person who kept this going or let my child know about her sibling than a stranger one day.
We have had contact with his daughter many times but even now the mum continues to be a problem and the relationship is very sometimeish!
Itā€™s so hard because you love that little person because they didnā€™t ask to be born and you love them because they are family irregardless of who their mum is.

Yes let the kids see the baby but not him thatā€™s pedo shit

First definitely call the cops on him sheā€™s under age smh ā€¦. Second i would have a conversation with her first then let the kids go on play dates the kids donā€™t have anything to do with it ā€¦. Wish you the best of luck

1 Like

How friendly is she to you and the kids? Just curious.

Itā€™s not the babyā€™s fault. I would want all the siblings to have a relationship if at all possible.

1 Like

Girl thatā€™s up to you, if you cannot handle being in her presence I donā€™t think u should be forced to put yourself through that but if you can stomach it then do it for the kids momma.

I think you should let your child/ren form a bond with their sibling. Itā€™s not the babyā€™s fault they exist. But on a real note, turn the pedo in.

2 Likes

I would allow them to be in contact with their sibling. Itā€™s not the childā€™s fault that their bio dad is a POS.

2 Likes

I would let the siblings have a relationship. Itā€™s not their fault their dad made questionable choices. But the kids deserve to know eachother. I think itā€™s actually mature of the 17 yo to want that for the kids as well.

6 Likes

I know it will be hard and trust me I cannot stand my daughterā€™s dad but I would not change anything in the world for her to know her siblings.

First off eww. And second stay in contact. Get to know her. But also set up boundaries and rules, such as no talking to the kids about dear old dad. If she gets back with him then contact is off etc.

4 Likes

You guys have the opportunity to be wonderful co-parents. Include her and their siblings in some fun activities. Show them that there is enough love to include all of their family. It will benefit all of the children.

8 Likes

Drop her and the father the kids will be better off inthe long runā€¦

3 Likes

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19455 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://homej0bonline17.neocities.org/

1 Like

My ex cheated on me and got the other girl pregnant. I hated her for a long time but we get along now and Iā€™m happy that the kids can know each other if they choose.

2 Likes

Let your children know their new sibling and the mother to be might just really need you because no one else can understand your ex other than you . I know it wonā€™t be easy but be a guiding star :star: for All

7 Likes

Wtf , Iā€™d be keeping them away from him . But take this poor girl under Ur wing the man is clearly a monster she herself is still a child the kids sibling is jst as innocent

9 Likes

I honestly think itā€™s pretty mature of her to want her child to have a relationship with their siblings. Considering that sheā€™s still only a child herself. All of the children involved in this situation are here, or will be here, because you both had relations with him. At one point, you saw something in him that attracted you to him. Apparently she did too. Aside from the fact that sheā€™s still a child, she may not necessarily be that different from you. I say give all of these children the chance to get to know each other. You never know, the two of you may end up being a great support system to each other. Your issue shouldnā€™t be with her, or her child, but with the guy that you both decided to procreate with.

7 Likes

My dad (24 years ago) got a younger girl pregnant. She was either 2 or 3 years older than me. They were married soon after finding out she was pregnant. Since they have been divorced, but I still have a great relationship with my brotherā€™s mom and either him as well.

17 yr old? there is a bigger issue hereā€¦how old is he

5 Likes

not the babies fault

2 Likes

I would call the cops

1 Like

If sheā€™s the one coming to you then let her kid see her kids siblings. If I was in your position I would be more then happy to, maybe one day have your kids spend a night over or have her come over for a night with her kid and you and her have a night together and chat. Maybe yā€™all can talk about their baby daddy and find something to bond over.

5 Likes

Iā€™d let the kids get to know each other, but thatā€™s just me and because Iā€™d personally want them to know their siblings. As far as them not seeing their father I agree with that. Heā€™s a predator and isnā€™t safe to obviously be around especially if heā€™s know for dv anyways

2 Likes

Honestly, that poor girl was taken advantage of by your ex. At that ripe age, we are quite volunerable still. I would absolutely take her under my wing, befriend her and support her in this journey.

20 Likes

Your children shouldnā€™t suffer because of their fathers bad decisions and neither should her child. Be as mature as she is being about the situation

5 Likes

How old is he?! Pretty sure under 18 is classified as rape, no matter how ā€œconsentualā€ anyone wants to say it is

Let them know their siblings.

Donā€™t be petty and not let the kids see their siblings.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, youā€™re between a rock & a hard place. I would stay in contact with the poor girlā€¦ she may not be blameless, but the child is. You do have alimony AND Child Support?? BUTā€¦ what do YOU want ?? I would befriend her, she needs all the help she can get. Show her how to file for Child Support too.

3 Likes

Let the kids see their sibling. Donā€™t punish them for his stupidity

1 Like

Sheā€™s still so young and was manipulated by him. Let her kid know your kids. Itā€™s not the kids fault but itā€™s their blood

2 Likes

Support her. Let them know that baby.

4 Likes

The kids deserve to know their siblings. Iā€™m friends with the other baby mamas that my two childrens fathers have so they can know their brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Man I tell you my ex husband moved an 18 yr old in are kids still see him. But not no more because he provides more for her then them

So a 17 year old can see the right choice in this situation and is trying to make sure the kids have family. And you a GROWN woman is on the fence because of what? Because your feelings are hurt?

11 Likes

How old are your children? Are they old enough to make their own decisions? It is up to you bottom line. Say no if you arenā€™t comfortable.

I would let them see the baby. Not any of the kids fault, they should know eachother

6 Likes

I would if heā€™s not in the picture.

4 Likes

I would let them know they have a sibling and when she(17yo)matures and they get older let the child come visit and maybe holidays and birthdays

1 Like

Sheā€™s a victim. At 17 thatā€™s still a child, mentally and legally. Let them see their sibling, donā€™t punish her and the kids for his mistake.

14 Likes

I 100% wouldnā€™t blame her or the children for any of this, so Iā€™d definitely let them have a relationship.

Aside from that, Iā€™d also make sure that young woman is in a good place and is taken care of. Sheā€™s a minor that was taken advantage of (idc what you say 17 is still a minor, and if you argue w me about this, take your pedi self somewhere else), and thatā€™s not her fault in any way. (Esp since obvious domestic abuse was involved).

I donā€™t understand how someone can be more upset about the cheating than the obvious huge problem here?!

10 Likes

Sheā€™s 17. He used her. Unfortunately when we are adults we have to make hard choices. She needs you. Even if you or she donā€™t want to admit it.

9 Likes

My daughters dad has 5 children from 4 different womenā€¦ the only thing keeping any of them apart is the distance between all of us. But we(the mothers) keep in contact we have each other on fb the kids know about each other and are always welcome to talk to each other and see each other when able to but living over 4 hours apart makes that hard. I mean thereā€™s reasons for hard feelings between all of us honestly but none of us have any and we just do what we can for the kiddos itā€™s not about us and definitely isnā€™t a reason to punish kids that did nothing wrong and had no choice in the situation

5 Likes

Dont punish the kids for your husbandā€™s stupidity let them know their sibling(s)

2 Likes

Swallow ur pride, she was a stupid kid and he took advantage, look on the bright side, u have a sitter lol let the kids no there family, she will move completely on and have a family of her own with someone who deserves her and so will u, the bigger the circle the more love

4 Likes

17 years old your talking court and possible jail as in actual jail; he should of waited until she was legal age to at least sit or dance in a club without a parent present in the United States.

1 Like

Ideal circumstances or not, I would encourage your children to get to know their sibling. Their sibling didnt ask for any of this any more than they did. Be the bigger person.

2 Likes

Report him to law , and let kids see her child if everything works out.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Australia and the consensual age is 16 for girls & 18 for boys so itā€™s not illegal ā€¦ in any case, I would see how the kids feel (age dependent of course) and go from there. I would be concerned though that she may still have contact with dad and this is his way of getting to your kids. Do you trust her? At the end of the day itā€™s your kids half sibling so they do have a right to know them and have a relationship. Tread carefully but I think it will be good.

1 Like

I hope he is in jail - that is statutory rape in most states. I would wait awhile for deciding about your children getting to know her child. Get DNA test - make sure it is your exā€™s child.

Iā€™m the type of person who would actually try to support her. Itā€™s great what she wants to do!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s DV? And let the kids have a relationship. Try and make the best out of a shitty situation :confused:

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16347 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://homej0bonlinework20.neocities.org/

Good on her for being brave and strong enough to leave. If it were me, Iā€™d allow them to know each other. Itā€™s not the kids fault that their dad is trash. Allowing the siblings to have a relationship will reflect well on you.

1 Like

Remember, at 17. Sheā€™s still a kid. Donā€™t dismiss it. Get to know her. Sheā€™s a lot more mature at 17 for saying that then some moms in their 30ā€™s.

20 Likes

Tell her to GO TO HELL! NO WAYshould she have any say about what your kids

11 Likes

First of all, he needs to rot in hell. Secondly, yes I would allow my kids to know their sibling.

11 Likes

He groomed her, and she got abused by him. I get your hesitation, but I would allow them to know their sibling. Itā€™s not her fault heā€™s a pedo

21 Likes

Let the siblings have contact. Donā€™t penalize the children for his mistakes. Iā€™m glad sheā€™s being an adult about this. Bravo to her.

19 Likes

Thatā€™s grossā€¦its not that girlā€™s fault. Sheā€™s young, being groomed and gaslighted and abused. Heā€™s the problem. Not not her. Let the kids get to know each other and be siblings.

15 Likes

Sheā€™s literally a victim, in every way in this situation. 17 is legal in my state but itā€™s still nasty and not to mention the DV? Iā€™d definitely keep in touch with her to make sure the child is good and maybe you two can have some sort of relationship unless there is some stuff missing between you two on this post. I donā€™t see a negative to it unless sheā€™s still gunna mess with him. But sheā€™s a child.

12 Likes

Be the better person and set up some sort of visits throughout your life so those kids know their sibling. Itā€™s not their fault

4 Likes

Itā€™s about the kids. Even without their dad and their life itā€™s important that they know their siblings. Especially if her kid doesnā€™t have any other siblings it would be good for her to find comfort in them. Your kids could help him/her deal with things when theyā€™re older because only they will understand what itā€™s like to have him as an absent father.

3 Likes

At least try for the kiddos and then go from there :heart:

1 Like

Donā€™t punish the children bc of the actions of thier father. Let then have a relationship with the sibling if they want to. If they are old enough to choose to have a relationship with that sibling then ask them. It doesnā€™t mean you and the other mom have to be best friends, set boundaries with her of what you expect and what you donā€™t want the children to know of her relationship with the father. Donā€™t make a decision your children may look back later on and have bad feelings towards you bc you withheld a relationship with a sibling from them just bc you donā€™t like how that sibling became to be.

Thereā€™s no reason that the children should not know each other. You and the other girl donā€™t have to become best buddies or anything unless it happens naturally, but being civil will be a good thing for sure. I think the kids will appreciate your efforts.

4 Likes

Kids Should never be put in the middle of adult situations they should get the chance to have their other siblings in their life. If it was me i would allow it to happen but if the other woman creates problems (meaning she is young and might not handle it as a woman should) do not allow this to disrupt your peace and it becomes a problem in your life then thats not fair to you so dont let that happen.

3 Likes

Umm excuse yā€™all my friend was a 16 year old mom and she did awesome. :triumph:

Also as a former child that was kept from my brother: what the hell is there to be on the fence about? These kids are family now like it or not. That girl is young and needs another mom to help her figure out how to be a mom. Help keep your family stay together thatā€™s what you do. I donā€™t give a damn if you like it or not yā€™all are family now through the kids. Thatā€™s just how it is. There is no fence, and the only side you should be on is the kids. This isnā€™t about the adults whatsoever. Not even a little bit.

1 Like

They are siblings; one of the best blessings in life. Make the effort.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not her fault, sheā€™s doing what she thinks is best , NOW - sheā€™s 17, Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all done dumb crap at that age

My partner and I have been together 10 years, his exs girls (not his kids) come over all the time too spend time with their sisters (his kids) - our son loves having the extra friends to hang with and we love having the girls all spend time together - itā€™s about family, nothing more, nothing less :heart:

2 Likes

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12792 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://homej0bonlinework24.neocities.org/

If it was me and he was definitely out of her life then I would support her. She was most likely naive and has been through DV. I think itā€™s incredibly mature for her to want to support all the children having a sibling bond still.
Also imagine your children learning about another sibling later in life that you denied them ever knowing, could cause issues between you and them later.
Donā€™t do it for the woman do it for the children.

5 Likes

I would do what you feel comfortable withā™”
As long as it doesnā€™t hurt you every time you see her. But definitely let the kids be together whenever possible :heart:
Be kind to her but you donā€™t have to be around her.

1 Like