What should I eat before my glucose test?

Mama’s help! This isn’t my first glucose but it’s my first one in a few years! I do my test tomorrow at 1:30pm I can’t eat and drink an hour before my test! What should I eat in the morning/before my test?? That isn’t high in carbs and sugar.

3 Likes

I ate avocado toast with egg on top

You can eat just as you normally would. They need to see how your body reacts everyday, not under restriction

2 Likes

You can eat whatever you normally eat. There’s no diet restrictions when taking it.

I just took mine Monday, I did the Fresh Test. SO good :star_struck:
But I had a bagel with cream cheese.

Scrambled eggs, bacon and a slice of toast

Usually it is at least a 9 hour fast (med lab scientist here) i would double check that 1 hour. Dr cant tell anything from a 1 hr fast

In Nz we have to fast 8-12 hours beforehand :sweat_smile: tests are usually first thing in the morning

1 Like

If you are allowed to eat, eat protein.

I suggest eating what you normally do. The reason why I say this is because why try and eat differently now just because of the glucose test? It’s not going to make a difference. Because they’re looking at your body’s reaction after each drink which usually includes 4 and they draw your blood after each drink I believe. That’s how they did it to me 15 years ago.

The doctor told me yesterday eat whatever but needs to be early like hours before. Just eat normally

In Canada, we have to do a 10 hour fast before a glucose test that is done before noon. Water only. I go in 5 weeks.

2 Likes

There are no restrictions. What you eat 1 day has no bearing on whether or not you are gestational diabetic.

My obgyn said anything that isn’t to sugary so no sodas or candy but eat what you normally would that way it’s an accurate reading to what it would be every other day.

You can have anything that’s right at or lower than 30g of carbs. Eggs, bacon and a slice of toast are fine. One slice of toast is 15g of carbs. 1 banana is 30g of carbs by itself. 1 cup of milk is 15g of carbs. I’m a T2 diabetic reading off my papers from the learning center.

You eat as you always would.

3 Likes

In Aus we have to fast for 10 hrs before!! Wondering if your numbers for G.D are different there, anything over 4.8 they say you have G.D here!

If i recall they don’t want you eating 8-12 hours prior to.