What should I make for Christmas dinner?

What is everyone making for Christmas dinner? My in laws will be here and idk what to make…

4 Likes

I’m doing sweet ham (brown sugar soda and cinnamon) …homemade crockpot cream corn, potatoes :potato:

1 Like

My hubs is gonna smoke a turkey and I’ll be making dressing(for the first time ever lol) sweet potato casserole and Mac n cheese, all on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day I’m making chicken n dumplins.

My mom has a tradition to where we do a no tradition dinner. One year sea food, one year deep fried turkey, this year we’re doing tamales! We change it up every year and skip the basic turkey and gravy.

4 Likes

For family Christmas dinner - Ham, turkey breast, mashed potatoes w/gravy, hash brown casserole, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, Mac n cheese, whole kernel corn and rolls.
For Christmas day with just hubby, mom, son and I - ribeye steak w/ sauteed mushrooms and onions as well as blue cheese crumbles, potato salad, macaroni salad, Coleslaw and baked beans.

Nothing I’m skipping Christmas this year. I know humbug but that is how I feel

Ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, lasagna, Caesar salad with homemade caesar dressing, garlic bread, deviled eggs, and appetizers.

We always do beef at Christmas. So prime rib or tri tip or even just a nice roast depending on how many are here. Also we do a big salad, baked potatoes and sourdough rolls and a second vegetable sometimes asparagus, Brussel sprouts, rainbow carrots , broccoli some kind of vegetable.

Whatever you can manage so you can spend time with your guests.

If they’re coming from out of town is there an iconic food from your area? Cheese steak, grits, pecan pie, peach cobbler, avocado toast, posole?

I make this blueberry French toast, ham and cheese slides, cream cheese and sausage crossiants, bacon and homemade biscuits and gravy. We eat on that throughout the day.

Lasagna, a family tradition for the past 23 years

2 Likes

pot roast is always good. and it feeds a lot, can cook for hours, and smells delicious.

We’re ordering Chinese food! I’m excited to not be cooking this year :blush:

3 Likes

My daughter is having boxing day dinner catered to. Italian meal and ham and potatoes. Something different.

We are doing surf and turf, prime rib, stuffed clams, shrimp scampi, linguini and clams, scallop and bacon, broccoli and carrots

Ham mashed potatoes corn green bean casserole. Pecan pie and pumpkin bars for dessert

Prime rib scalloped potatoes

Making lasagna and spiral ham :christmas_tree:

1 Like

We are having spaghetti and meatballs, fresh salad and garlic bread. :yum:

I have to have Turkey and all the fixings on Christmas Day. There just is no other way. Same with Thanksgiving & Easter.

1 Like

We’re doing : candid ham, turkey, dressing, broccoli & cheese, candid yams, mashed taters, dinner rolls, deviled eggs. Dessert is 1 chocolate pie, 1 pecan/1 chocolate pecan, 2 cheesecakes, chocolate chip cookies. Variety of drinks

Prime rib,mashed potatoes,salad

1 Like

Chicken enchiladas Christmas eve. Brunch Christmas day.

Prime rib, dauphinoise potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus, rolls, deviled eggs. :yum:

Food :joy: nah on a serious note make whatever you can think of if they don’t eat it save it for you instead

Ham and hot beef,mashed potatoes,a cheese ball with crackers and deviled eggs

I usually make slow cooker sloppy joes and everyone can eat when they are hungry

I’m making homemade chicken and noodles

My daughter wants steak and seafood so that’s what we having :yum:

We all get together and make homemade pizzas. It’s a blast and everyone’s is different.

2 Likes

We are gonna do a beef roast of some sort and garlic mashed potatoes. Next yr I want to do something different and make a Lasanga or something.

We went with traditional. Ham meatballs cheesy potatoes deviled eggs corn gravy rolls cherry pie & blueberry cheesecake