What should I pay a babysitter?

Whatever the minimum wage is for your state.

But I know on care.com people charge like $20+ an hour.

$15 a hour with cpr and first aid

One thing to consider that I haven’t seen in the comments is time off due to your own traveling, etc. if this is someone’s full time job, and you decide to take a vacation, or your child is sick, you need to still post your nanny.

4 Likes

I would say depends on if it’s licensed or has cameras. A lot of babysitters around my area believe it depends on this. Make sure background before always. But going rate for licensed or nannies is above 250 a week. Most nannies here are around 350 a week considering all they do and ages of kids come into play. Most unlicensed around here or SAHM make about 200 a week. So I mean just depends on who you talk with and all the requirements you put on them.

2 Likes

that’s a daycare provider not a babysitter. Check out local daycare costs to get a better idea. if it’s like a nanny in your home rates are normally higher

1 Like

Before covid we had a sort of a nanny. I had weird work hours where I was gone for 24, home for 48. So she would come in the morning around 6, we would leave, she would get 3 ready for school, we also had an infant. Then one would get home at 11:30, the other two in the afternoon and she would stay until my boyfriend got home around 6. Then she would come back at 6 the next morning get 3 ready and off to school and I’d get home around 8:45.

Yeah our life was hectic lol, I paid her $500 a week cause that’s a lot of being up early, a lot of kids to get dressed and to the bus on time and an infant to care for.

3 Likes

Just reading this I’m glad I had family and my SO and I worked opposite shifts I would never have been able to afford a sitter

My granddaughter babysits after the child’s school is over . She picks her up at school than works 3-5 Monday -Thursday $200 a week . She did not set the price the child’s mother did .

I was paying a daycare $150.00 a week for 1 child from 7am-5pm m-f. So for 2 I would probably have to pay $300.00 a week. But if you are getting nanny hours than you need to ask her.

Sounds like a part time job and you should be paying wheat someone would earn by having that, no less than 250 tho no matter what you are.

If you have a nannyvto cone to yours it will cost you more than sending them to childminders/nursery

At least $15 an hour , that’s a full time job and she should be compensated appropriately for keeping your twins healthy, happy and safe

1 Like

I would pay them at least $18/hour maybe more. This is where ppl run into issues because they end up paying the babysitter the same or close to what they make an hour. So that’s why ppl tend to try and pay less. But you really need to pay them well…they are watching your children after all. It’s a full time job. See what their rate is but don’t be surprised if most ppl ask for $20/hour.

That’s a nanny, not a babysitter and they should be paid ATLEAST $20 an hour depending on where you live

1 Like

Know the poster may not be in my state but, it may be helpful… I came acrossed this question because my oldest wants to babysit but you got twins so I say $15 to $16 atleas!..
The average cost of a babysitter in Michigan is $13.51 per hour. With the minimum wage in Michigan being $9.87 per hour, you can expect to pay a hourly rate between $9.87 and $20. A babysitter’s hourly rate can depend on their location, responsibilities, qualifications, and the type of care needed

Look up the daycare costs in your area, and pay them that. Baby sitting is hard, especially full time. You want to make sure you pay well enough that they’re motivated to stay and treat your kids well.

Minium of $10/hr depending on the situation.

Some of y’all are really expect some one to work a full time job for $250?! That’s insane.

1 Like

At least minimum wage. Where I’m at the average is 16-20 an hour.