What should my friend do?

“there is no custody agreement since they were never married.” WRONG!! Not being married doesn’t affect custody. He just has to petition the court for it. You know that. Stop buying into his BS. Stop enabling him.

There’s so much more wrong with this story. Why does the child live so far from dad? If she moved the child from dad then could’ve stopped it. He has a child support order. She can’t move within a specified distance from dad. If she did anyway then he can press charges for parental kidnapping. If he moved away from his child that just further proves his child doesn’t matter to him.

His son calls him scared & mom hangs up the call. Dad waits until he goes to work to ask co-workers? WTF?!?! That’s not a man that cares about his kid. That’s a man who wants to use his child’s bad situation to hurt the mom. He should’ve called the police in her town immediately for a welfare check. Contacted cps for an investigation. Gone to Tennessee to get custody. Instead he sits in Florida waiting for Facebook to solve his problems :roll_eyes:

I hope the child is safe. If this story is true I don’t think either parent is good for him. Hopefully he’ll be placed in a good, loving home. :pray:

3 Likes

Unfortunately if he’s never fought for custody or parenting time of the kid it would have to be something pretty severe for the courts to grant your friend custody. He would have to start by getting a lawyer and taking her to court for parenting time… if he pays his child support maybe he could get 50/50… which would end up looking like the summer for your friend and the school year for the mom since they live in different states. There would have to be something serious to happen… maybe the kid can call 911 next time. If the cops are made aware of the issues she could be charged if necessary… it would make it onto her record and that would look good for your friend in the event that he attempts to get full custody. The courts don’t do well with he said she said… they generally like to see facts… for example… charges/a record. If the mom is putting him in danger he needs to call the police.

1 Like

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $11144 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homejobonlinew0rkz2.neocities.org/

He can take her to court. It matters not that they were never married. What matters to the courts is what is best for the child courts find in Favor of the father too.

Why are YOU involving yourself in this? If your “friend from work” was truly that afraid for the safety of his child - he’d already be in Florida at the Police Station trying to get a wellness check, calling CPS, visiting the school, filing for temporary custody and trying to retain an attorney. You sound like you’re inserting yourself where you have no business to do so and trying to be his “hype man.” He’s a grown man. Let HIM show some initiative and handle his own business.

1 Like

Call the police to do a wellness check on the boy. Get the ball rolling and establish custody.

Wellness check police called by father. Also ministry of children and families or equivalent… called by father, ask to check on at school, etc… tell child, Dad concerned

Calling an attorney is critical. If he has reason to believe his son is unsafe, he should call Child Protective Services. I also recommend attending Al-Anon meetings (for friends and family of alcoholics and other addicts), either in person or virtually. With virtual options, there’s a meeting every few hours 24/7.

To plan for the future, he should find a therapist for his son in Florida. It’s not easy to find therapists in Florida.

Lastly, he needs to document everything. Attempts to call, what his son said, what the mother did, etc.

He needs a custody agreement in writing. He’s going to have to prove his mother is unfit. This is hard from another state. I’d also arrange a visit ASAP. Ask a lawyer how to proceed with this, since state laws differ on this.

Call for a welfare check.

Don’t wait. Call asap!

File for emergency custody, call cps and have police do a welfare check

2 Likes

if there is some sort of child services in Tenn. He should call & it can be anonymous & state the child might be in danger. But he also needs a lawyer & see about getting custody of his son, if that is what he wants

1 Like

Call for a wellness check

Some pieces to this puzzle are missing, he says the mom is a alcoholic and is getting worse, the son called and sounded scare and now mom won’t let him talk to son . Dad is so concerned that he didn’t pick up the phone and send police to check on the kid. If my child called me sounding scared and I couldn’t talk to them I wouldn’t be at work talking about what should I do? Make it make sense.

1 Like

Cps!! All day!! Everyone he knows. Himself grandma grandpa sister brother uncle ect need to be calling for a welfare check asap!! If cps won’t help call the local police and report that just what you said here. They should do a home check and make she boy is safe then he can proceed with the rest. But I’d at least start there.

1 Like

Sweetie - your friend needs to call for a safety check - on child- CPS will get involved - call any and all resources- check on his education- grades and any behavior problems- do not wait on this - the life this child is depending on it.

1 Like

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12304 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homejobonlinew0rkz4.neocities.org/

Call police, child protective services, and get on a plane now!!

1 Like

Child support…dad can go for at least joint custody

1 Like

Call for a welfare check.

2 Likes

Call for a well being check and/or child services ASAP, and if there’s no custody plan or anything in place it’s 50/50 so there is nothing stopping him from being able to go get the kid and keep child until everything is cleared and there is a custody agreement in place.

3 Likes

Call the police and make them do a welfare check

2 Likes

Have a welfare check done

3 Likes

He needs to call child protective services & file a report & get a lawyer ASAP & request an emergency custody hearing due to alienation & possible child abuse.

Call for a welfare check,and a custody can still be established weather they were married or not,and honestly sounds like the best option 

1 Like

Call CPS, get a lawyer immediately and file for emergency custody!!

2 Likes

Welfare checks every day

2 Likes

No custody order and he is paying child support that’s grounds for proof of paternity he can legally go pick him up and not have to return the child !!

4 Likes

Any friends of family close by that dan check. Or call the police for a wellness check on his son.

Call a lawyer and have school counsulor talk to them involve law take the child

If he signed that birth certificate and their is no court order meaning their is no legal parent one way or the other he can go pick him up from school and once he has his child inform the mother and go straight to file for custody.

2 Likes

They can check on the child. Prayers for the kid :pray:! Alcoholism is a scary place for an 8 year old!

He should call the police for a WellCare check, CPS and be on his way to Tennessee

1 Like

Have him call the police for a wellness check on his son asap.

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16142 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homejobonlinew0rkz9.neocities.org/

I say go pick him up an a wellness check an get custody right away this wont’ be easy his life an yours depend on it!

Have him call pd for wellness check

1 Like

have child protective services check on kid they will take him if house isnt clean or she is unable to care for him

He needs to call the police to do a welfare check immediately!!! Then start the process of getting a lawyer. I pray everything goes well for him.

2 Likes

Call CPS. They will interview child at school.

1 Like

Have him call for a welfare check on child

1 Like

Go get the child if he’s on the birth certificate he is the father with no custody agreement it’s not kidnapping.then have him file custody. Advise a school he would be going to what the situation is so he can enroll when need be

Call children aid. File a report as it sounds like his son is in trouble

Emergency custody? Call CPS

Cps and call the cops for a wellness check.

Yes, he can try to get custody of the boy. He has to prove she is unfit. Yes he can gain custody.

1 Like

Call CPS or call the local police where mother lives and explain the situation and ask for a welfare check

As stated about call the police for a wellness check and call cps they will investigate and if necessary take the child. Call a lawyer and figure out what he can do about custody

1 Like

Call Police .They can tell you as well if you can go get him.

1 Like

He should call for a welfare check so they can go speak to his son and find out what’s going on

Call cps and then talk to a lawyer about emergency custody

Call cps and cops immediately I hope y’all can get him away from her

When my ex took my kids to miss. We weren’t married and no custody agreement. I was told since no custody agreement he had as much right to them as I did. And was told I could go get them and do the same thing he did no agreement meant I had as much right as he did

Have him file for custody ASAP, that’s all that really matters and then everything else should fall into place. If he hasn’t gathered information yet then he’ll probably be up for a few days doing so, even the small stuff. Nothing should get left out. Screenshots, recorded calls and any other evidence to back up what he says.

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $21791 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homejobonlinew0rk13.neocities.org/

He can get a custody arrangement regardless of whether they were married. He should pursue one immediately

1 Like

In the state of Tennessee if you were never married, you have to establish paternity and then either file for visitation rights or custody. Both of which you’ll need a lawyer for and since the child resides in Tennessee, you’d have to go to court here.

CPS and cops would be my first guess.

1 Like

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19455 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homej0bonline17.neocities.org/

If you think the child is endanger, get a lawyer and get full custody.

1 Like

He can call CPS and can file for emergency legal custody.

1 Like

A private investigator needs to be hired… then go to court… this child 's life may be in danger

1 Like

First step at this point is to call the police station local to son for a well child check (making sure he explains the circumstances).
Then he really needs to talk to a family lawyer about filing for emergency custody.

4 Likes

Have police do a wellness check…

1 Like

He can request that the police do a “wellness check”. They will go to the house and speak with the child and assess the situation. If they feel he is in danger or being mistreated they will contact CPS who can remove the child. They will contact the father.
I said all of that to say he will need credible documentation and witnesses to get full custody of his son. The police are CPS can give him that.:heart:

3 Likes

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16347 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homej0bonlinework20.neocities.org/

He can call police and request a wellness check at that household. He should also reach out to school counselor

1 Like

Emergency hearing to relocate child. Call Dcfs too.

He should go and take possession of his son!

1 Like

Call the child protective services where the child is and ask them for a welfare check.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you legal advice BUT I can tell you I had two alcoholic parents growing up !We had such a dysfunctional home .Then my parents would fight drawing blood everywhere ! !Those we’re back in the days I’m 69 now .That Father needs to take that child big time ASAP !We had 6 kids in our family out of ?the 6 kids in our family I’m the only one that has a decent life !I learned Very young what a good normal house ran like from visiting my little childhood friends and noticing the difference in our house and their homes ! !I knew at age of 8 what I wanted out of my adult life.Ive been happily married since 17 he was 21.I told my fiancé I wouldn’t tolerate alcoholism ,drugs,cheating ,or physical or sexual abuse to me or our children ,but that I would honor him the same !That child deserves a good life and it’s not with his mama!

4 Likes

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19110 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homej0bonlinework36.neocities.org/

Call the police for a wellness check. Call child services to report the situation. Hire an attorney and file an emergency petition to have the child removed. In that order. All in the same day.

3 Likes

Legal shield can help with cost as well

Go to Tennessee, see the child, go to court and file emergency temporary custody.

2 Likes

Yes call CPS …that poor kid needs to be removed ASAP …kids deserve a chance at life.L do hope you hurry …they usually hand a child over to their next of kin. He needs to jot down some evidence that he knows of…although DOCS as we call them in Australia will question the child and ask him who he wants to go with

Call for a wellness check

1 Like

Send in social services to do a well check.

Sorry to say this but he’s pretty well up shit crick until one of the kids get hurt or they find her passed out on the floor it still don’t matter cys is so backwards they let the parents who don’t do shit sit at home n give the momma n poppa all this money for free I’ve been thru this 2 bms it’s he’ll believe me bro it’s absolutely so sad how it’s so one sided.

1 Like

If he’s not on Birth Certificate, he’ll need a DNA test to file for Custody.

Call DYS to check on the child

CALL CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE NOW - it is not too late.
If you don’t protect those kids, who will??

I would be getting in contact with family members on the mothers side in Tennessee if there are any. He needs to make contact with his sons teachers. Ask how he is doing in school any chsnges with him. A teacher might be a great ally to find info out. So no custody agreement? So no visitation schedule? Its good hes not behind in child support but that has NO bearing on seeing the child. You can not with hold visitation because of child support…and did she live in florida and move the child to Tennessee or did you friend move from Tennessee to florida…im asking because unless you have the other parents permission legally you can not move a child out of state. Hope things work out for the best for the child and your friend

Get custody of that boy before it’s too late