What should we bring on a cruise?

Hi! For those who have been on a cruise what are the essentials you should bring? Things I wouldn’t think of, etc? It’s just a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas

6 Likes

A small fan for your room

1 Like

If your child has allergies, bring an extra pillow cover. We didn’t realize that ours would be very sensitive so we had to wrap the pillow with a blanket and his eyes cleared up. Dramamean (I know I didn’t spell right) just in case.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s still around but there’s a blog.called cruise critic. Sooo much information there. The 2 times I cruised I spent so much time on the blog beforehand.

Bring motion sickness medicine and first aid kit

Panadol , sea sickness pills .

Bring a small nook light or push on light for the bathroom to use at night. When you go and turn the light on you will otherwise almost blind yourself.lol
And some air freshener/ pooporrie… can be small quarters.
Small 1st aid kit. Ship stuff is really costly.

Maybe ya husband and kids??

Sunblock. They’ll have toiletries, clothes, jewelry, booze, etc. in one or more stores on the ship if you forget something but it will be expensive and maybe not your brand/style.

Look at the activities offered and decide what you want to do. Swim in the pool/s all day? Bathing suits, plural and cover ups. Disco all night? Club clothes. Is there a dress-up dinner one night? Fancy clothes. Yoga or workouts? Workout clothes. Tennis/pickleball? Whatever you wear to play.

Excursions? Nice casual. If it’s Florida area or Caribbean, shorts & sneaks are fine. Europe, skip shorts, sneakers, Ts with words, ball caps to avoid being so much of a pickpocket/hate target as an obvious American.

Bring money if you want extras like massages or other spa treatments, hair, makeup or nail salon services. The staff lives for tips, so be generous. Not sure how/if you pay for alcoholic drinks onboard so check.

Sea sickness patches & a cup are my top things. I am currently packing for our cruise leaving this weekend & those are my essentials!

Last year I sunburned my lips so I had to find SPF chapstick on one of the ports…it hurt so bad idk if I’ll ever forget my SPF chapstick ever again!!

Lol Everything… :joy::heart::blue_heart: leaving as well w/ my Spouse next week… :joy:And we have 3 Bags between us and my big duffel purse…

Wrinkle release. Spray… I use downy

Birth certificate passport ect

Do you plan on drinking? Gotta figure out how to pack it so u don’t have to buy the drink package