What should we do about this dog?

My husbands grandmother bought a new dog after the family dog passed away a few months ago, so she called and invited us (myself and my 2 year old daughter) to meet this dog whom they bought. So we go to the house and the dog ended up bitting my daughter in the face! After the bite happened she informs me that in the first 24 hours of having the dog he has attacked another small dog and left a mark on my nephews face in which they said is not from the dog biting him? I’m beyond pissed!!! But they think it was an accident, saying the dog didn’t mean too he only scratched her! (I seen the whole this and he bit her there are marks!) fast forward and she calls me to tell me the dog has his vaccines (this was my first question after the bite) and tells me this dog has had 3 owners in the last year! And they got him off a site because he was only a few hundred dollars. But still thinks the dog is safe to be around kids and I’m over reacting…??? What do you think???

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should we do about this dog?

No your not over reacting … this isn’t okay to bite children let alone and other dog… im sorry but your going to have to keep your child away until your husband’s gram does something with dog…

3 Likes

No that is not okay. The dog needs training before it seriously hurts someone

Take it out back and shoot it

Once a dog gets a taste of blood, it won’t stop biting. Grandma is going to be reported, dog will be euthanized and grandma will be sued. I’m surprised the Dr didn’t report it when u all took kids to dr for their bites which should always be done if on face

First ask. Was your kid respecting the dogs boundaries or up in its face to get bit in the first place? If she’s just got this dog confidence is a huge issue.
But I’m sorry. It’s no ones fault but your own. You should have known better than taking a kid around an unknown dog in the first place. I take in aggressive dogs constantly. Do you know how many times my kids have been bit? None. Never. They’ve never been given the chance.

13 Likes

We really need to determine if you’re one of those “oh go ahead and climb all over the dogs and pull on their ears, you’re my precious little angel baby” parents or not. You need to respect the dogs personal space. It sounds like these were warning NIPS not BITES so you may be at fault.

Animals and kids should never be left alone together…both are unpredictable

3 Likes

“a dog but my kid in the face. Lemme ask the internet if that’s ok.” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not the dogs fault but obviously needs very close supervision with children.
Not over reacting.

Its gonna be a dirty delete :flushed:

If the dog has had 3 previous owners, that could be an indication it wasn’t a good match, specially for children. I suggest getting professional training for this dog & keep children away from the dog until it has completed a successful training program.

1 Like

As a behavioral dog trainer I do recommend this dog be evaluated by a veterinarian with a specialty in behavior or an animal behaviorist if you can find one in the area. Not all trainers are equipped to handle a dog with fear aggression or reactivity if that’s what is actually going on. As previously stated, kids do things to make dogs uncomfortable and should never be left even for a moment unsupervised with an unfamiliar dog.

1 Like

Hard to say as we don’t know what happened leading up to the bite. Also the dog could be stressed especially if moving from home to home. Dog needs training

He bit you baby, and he’s still alive, well Damn.

𝑫𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒈𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆!!!
𝑶𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒈 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔!!
𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒅!!!