What size diapers should I ask for?

I am pregnant and wanting to have a diaper party but am unsure what size diapers I should ask for… thoughts from someone who has done this?

3 Likes

My son spent a week or less in NB size but 1,2,3,4,5,6 are all good to ask for!
Do your research on brands and go with what you think is best. Personally I went with Bambo diapers. They were the best quality and the cheapest aside from cloth diapers. I have skin allergies so I was pretty sure my son would also. So I did a lot of research on brands.
Congratulations on your new endeavors! :heart:

All sized we had a diaper raffle and got a ton they lasted from newborn to size 2 we are still in size 3 and ran out of those but still have size 4 when he gets bigger. It was definitely a lifesaver for us! You won’t regret it!

Depends on size of baby, if it’s going to be on the bigger side ask for maybe one or two boxes of newborn and then size 1 -3 for sure.

I would ask for size 1 and up. Babies don’t usually wear size nb that long. But it also depends on the size of your baby. My son was in size one when he was born and he just turned 2 now and he’s a size 4.

Anything but preemie. You’ll go through most of the sizes!

You’ll prob only need a few newborn boxes, like two or three tops. The rest 1’s and 2’s for the next while, 3’s and 4’s for next year. At least that’s how it was for me.

I knew my sister was gonna get a bunch of NB-1’s so I bought 2’s

Just don’t open all the packages. If your baby outgrows a size you can take unopened packages back and exchange for larger sizes

Bigger sizes. From one to 3 found my babies (and friends kids) tended to outgrow the newborns quite fast if they even fit into them at all to begin with.

All of em lmao. We got a ton of diapers at our baby shower but still ended up having to buy a box or two of newborns. A lot of stores have decent exchange policies too that will let you exchange unopened boxes for another size. Overall my babe probably spent the most time in 2s and 3s but we deffo needed more NB than I’d anticipated

1 Like

Always 2 sizes to big as babies tend to grow out of a size pretty quickly

All sizes! And varieties. Size 1 my kids were in the longest

NB-3 is what I would ask for but say bigger sizes is fine

Tell people different sizes so that you get all kinds of sizes from newborn to 4s and 5s

All my kids were over 6lbs and were still in Huggies newborn for like a month and a half and then they would go thru 1,2,3 (4 in middle kids case) really fast and stayed in 5-6 the longest. My 11 month old baby is in size 6 :sweat_smile:

Size 3 & 4 are usually worn for the longest amount of time. If your baby is born over 6 lbs newborn diapers may be used for a week or so…or not at all.

1 Like

Just let them bring whatever size they want to bring why be so picky it’s something you don’t have to pay for

Don’t bother asking for newborn sizes get more size 3+ trust me lol

More 2-4 than anything, 3s seemed to fit a long time

All 4 of my kids were in size 3 the longest. Size 4 the next. Most of them didn’t even make it to size 5 before they were trained.

1,2,3 my kids were in three the longest both my kids were born under 37 weeks tho they both came out quite large for preemies, but they’re both quite small for their age

All sizes because they grow so fast.

Any and all!! We did this when we had our twins! We didn’t have to buy any diapers for a good 6 months