What size diapers should we stock up on?

I am pregnant with my first and wanting to stock up on diapers and wipes…what is the best brand and what sizes should we stock up on?

4 Likes

Keep the receipts to exchange later for a different size (some stores can do without) or to get store credit for different diapers or supplies

3 Likes

This just depends on the size of your baby so it’s hard to tell. My daughter was small and in size 2’s forever but my son has been in size 4 since he was a few months old and still is at 9 months. You can exchange diapers at Walmart though. We did!

My son curentlyy wears size 2 and he’s only 3 and a half months, so for sure stock up on bigger sizes 2 and up

1 Like

Size 3 you will use most of.

1 Like

2!!! We were in those the longest. Also 3 next

1 Like

Get some newborns to start and go to 1and 2 don’t know how big baby will be or get and get later.that way have a variety of diapers brands need to wat h to some babies can be allergic to some diapers. Brands I’ve used in past on my kids I’ve used huggies,luvs,my girls were allergic to pampers and that’s what the hospital used in are area.

I had all newborns sizes in diapers…0-3 months in clothes. Diapers fit him but the clothes swallowed him whole. So grab a couple smaller sizes just in case

2s! … Newborns went quick and we got plenty of ones… Then twos were in need!

1 Like

We needed 1s way more than newborns

I used the most of 3 and he’s still in them. I purchased boxes at Sams club- 2 of each size starting at 1. No newborns because I didn’t know how big he’d come out. He ended up using new norms for a very short time. I used all the other boxes, I think at size 2, I gave a half of a line to his daycare to use for someone else but other than that we’ve used two boxes each time. I could exchange them for another size with my card if I didn’t need one though and needed a size up. I just purchased a 3rd box of size 3 but I have the size 4 and he’ll be in those soon. I had about 3 boxes of wipes from Sams and I haven’t had to purchase more. He’s 9 months old. The only thing I purchased after he was born was a small pack of newborns and 1 box of size 3.

Huggies all the way! I regret wanting to use pampers pure, I got a bunch for my baby shower and don’t even wanna use them now, I force myself to use them but usually end up going out and buying a box of Huggies

1 Like

We love Costco brand diapers and wipes. Best value too.

Pamper sucked. Don’t buy newborn. Mine used it for 2 weeks. Most of which I got at the hospital. My work sends me Abby and finn diaper for the 1st 6 months. I’m stocking up on size 3.

I think it’s best if you want to stock up to just load a card with money towards diapers. I’ve had 6 living and it’s always a surprise what they wear home and what they will be in in a week and then after. Longest running size I’ve ever used is 3 though. But that isn’t for a few months. I’ve had some babies leave in NB and some babies leave in 1. Also it’s whatever you’re comfortable putting baby in. I know some were small enough for nb but as a new mom I liked the 1s because it was easier with the umbilical cord. My babies weighed between 5lbs and 7lbs 15oz.

Personally, we like Huggies. Everything we got at the shower was size 1, better get some newborns and 1s

I wouldn’t stock up a particular brand since you don’t know if babe will be allergic to them. 1 of mine couldn’t use luvs and 1 couldn’t use pampers. What we did instead was we carried a walmart gift card with us and when we would get groceries every week or so, we’d load $20 on it so by the time baby was here we had saved up for diapers

I’d say probably sizes 2/3 but a lot of stores will also let you trade for another size! Also avoid anything that doesn’t have a scrunchy band in the back to help avoid blow outs, buggies, and honestly parents choice are both decent. The more expensive brands like hello bello are nice too.

I got a box or two of each size. I would get different brands. My son got a rash if we didn’t use a specific brand so you don’t want to buy just all one brand until you know baby can use them.

I definitely loved pampers, especially the ones with the wet line. I’d stock up on 2 and 3s.

Save the planet and get reusable and washable ones - same with wipes.

One box size one.
One box size two
Two boxes size three
and size four forever.
I also had a package of newborn. Just one package for the first week they have that little bellybutton space

Um I have to say though my
Kids were less than 7 pounds all of them so depending on how big your baby is gonna be you might want to size up.
Diapers are made different so it depend on the shape of the baby

Long and lean Huggies
Short and stalky pamper
Little rascals are bigger so if your in a size five they are a size four.
I’m not sure how far along you are but I’d take advantage of the sample options. Diapers can be expensive if you can’t find a match.

I wish you could buy a package with the four big brands in four sizes and try them out like 10 diapers of each brand. ThT would be cool.

It will all depend on baby’s birth weight and growth but whatever size you choose don’t over do it. Incase they grow super fast or that brand gives them bad rashes

Don’t do that . You need to try them with baby first. Could have allergic reaction or may not work well

3s, and 4s. Don’t stock up on newborn. There’s a high chance you’ll be in a size 1 before the first 2 weeks is over.

2,3,4 get a couple boxes of each ppl usually gift smaller sizes

2 and 3 will likely be the most used. And I’m not sure, most brands are the same, so whatever you prefer?

1 Like

My suggestion is buy gift cards for diapers to the places you shop. Use those only for diapers. You won’t know what sizes you’ll need a lot of till baby is here and your baby might be sensitive to certain brands.