What stage in pregnancy could you not handle daily tasks?

At what stage of pregnancy did housework become impossible? Was there a point when you just gave up? I’m 33.5 weeks and usually very active but get depressed when I can’t get things done. I was on the couch all day, couldn’t go on my morning walk, and now and struggling to get up and cook dinner. I’m a single mom by the way, with a 6 year old and I just got custody of my sisters daughter who’s 16. Help.

13 Likes

Dont be afraid to ask for help where its due

2 Likes

For me, never. Just do what you can get done.

1 Like

There was never a time I worked full time until I went in labor with all 5 of mine but resting is something you do need to do and having you older kid help is good for you both

1 Like

I was stubborn and did everything… Even went out and planted crops in the fields… But I made sure to take breaks and stayed hydrated

1 Like

I worked and did house things til I gave birth. I was over 40 weeks and huge. I worked 2 jobs til I was 8 months. Ya just gotta do it

2 Likes

Yep on Tues after work I decided I couldn’t work anymore was induced that Sunday… I wanted 4 days of r and r before baby!

1 Like

I’m 33 weeks and 1 day. I’m trying my hardest today but it’s tough.

1 Like

I’d love to know how a single mother who’s pregnant and doesn’t work gets custody of even more kids…wheres the father of this baby?

2 Likes

Im 36 and still do what i do before i got pregnant. Theres days where i def lay back and do squat sh*%… My body needs rest. So when i dont do anything. The next day i expect to do double the work. But it feels good going to sleep with a clean house.

3 Likes

First trimester…lol I was constantly sick and wouldn’t stop sleeping. 3rd trimester I was huge but I could still do daily tasks no issue but if I struggled to turn over in bed and and get up from the floor

2 Likes

:wave::wave::wave:
It’s Different for Everyone, sometimes daily tasks just seem harder because of the pregnancy and the symptoms/hormones. Tidy up when u have more energy.
I would arrange a chore chart for the kids, assign them tasks on the Weekends and days they have no school.

1 Like

I didn’t l just went slower…

1 Like

I totally understand! Near the end of my pregnancy I just couldn’t function I was depressed and exhausted and it was the middle of summer so I was hot and cranky😅 but fortunately my husband was wonderful and I didn’t have any other kids to deal with. You are strong mama you can get through this! Reach out to the people close to you and ask for help you deserve it!

1 Like

I’m 36 weeks and still do everything I did before. I have to take more breaks lol but I get it done eventually.

1 Like

It sounds more like depression not being pregnant.

Lol the whole pregnancy both times. I had severe hyperemesis gravidarum, though, and couldn’t move without vomiting. You definitely start slowing down in your third trimester, though. You’re big, you ache, things swell, and you’re just ready to be done. Just take care of yourself and offer yourself a little grace.

1 Like

Rest when you need to ,as you are single I’m assuming you have other responsibilities and work so it’s pretty overwhelming !yes to chores for 6 ,and 16,and totally fine to let some things go if you just don’t have energy.have your older child prepare simple dinners ,with lil ones help ,a family works together.blessings and congratulations

1 Like

I had 5 children . My husband never helped me when I was pregnant at all. Somehow I managed all of it . You do what u have to do for the sake of your family . Hard but made me stronger . faith and prayer will help you through it . :pray::pray:

2 Likes

With my first pregnancy, I was able to handle a lot through the whole pregnancy, though I did end up with pre-eclampsia and had to be induced.

With my second, very early on I was out of commission. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage at 12 weeks, SPD set in by 18 weeks, and I danced with pre-eclampsia again from 16 weeks on so I was on and off bed rest with limited activities for the entire pregnancy…

1 Like

I was about 34 weeks when everything was agonizing to me. I worked up to 38 weeks running around a deli and I was just completely done when I got home around 2pm. I felt useless. I gained most of my energy back around 6 weeks post partum

1 Like

I’m 29 weeks with my first and my energy is depleting so fast. Maybe ask your niece to help you around the house and help with your 6 year old whenever you need to take a nap

1 Like

34 weeks and I was done!

1 Like

I was so sick like the whole pregnancy

I’m 8 months pregnant and my husband works 6 days a week, so I barely have any help at home to do daily tasks. It is extremely exhausting but I know that I don’t have a choice, so most of the time, I’m like a sloth getting every thing done. :joy: Maybe try making a daily task list of essential things that need to be done. That way, by the end of the week, it all gets done. Like one day make a list of strictly things to do in the livingroom, next day in your bedroom, next day in your children’s rooms, etc. It might make things a little bit easier to manage while dealing with pregnancy fatigue. Sit down and rest for a few minutes in between each thing you do so you don’t over-do it. Also, give the 16 year old chores! Just thought I’d give you some actual advice as opposed to the harsh comments you’re getting from obviously perfect mothers :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Almost 40 weeks. Can hardly stand without getting contractions. Lol.

Different for everyone. I was cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of kids the day before I went to have my son a month ago.

When I dropped stuff and couldnt pick it up lol but I still did stuff waist high… I was nesting so I cleaned and cleaned everything even at 40+7 days… Had him the next day lol

I’m currently 37 weeks and still do housework every day and take care of my 1 year old.

Morning sickness wk 4-18 could barely move around.
End of pregnancy pain wk 36-40 hurt to move and walk. Besides that I did everything as a SAHM. Especially in the third trimester when I was nesting and deep cleaning the house lol

1 Like

Didn’t really have a choice. I worked until I gave birth. At Home and my full time job

Up until labor. The last thing I tried to do was make rice pudding for my husband and son to have while I was in the hospital. The contractions were under 5 mins a part, and strong, so it came out a soupy mess. :joy:

Ok, all you superwomen! Enough bragging! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I had giant babies & just did whatever I could manage. Ask friends and family for help or hire someone to get you through from now until at least 3 weeks post partum if you can afford it.

Give the 16-year old chores. Builds character and independence. Pay her a nominal amount if she needs more motivation,

4 Likes

Im 33 weeks as well and daily tasks are just becoming a hassle. I just take more breaks until im completely wiped out.

1 Like

I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and I haven’t been able to do my house cleaning the way I like since I was about 25 weeks. We just moved and omg that was brutal and I have a 3 yr old.

1 Like

Around 30 weeks I hurt for a few days I’d I over did it. By the end I couldn’t hardly walk because everything hurt so bad.

1 Like

Its hard mama but you got to I did everything even when my hip was poppping knees and back hurting with my kids I’ll have them be out of hospital in 24 hours and right back to cleaning cooking I also raise my teen brother in law who’s 15 it tuff some days I’m so tired don’t want to move on those days I make a strong cup of coffee take a shower wake myself up it’s tuff mama but you got this

1 Like

Actually the only pregnancy I had issues with was my 4th by 38 weeks I was DONE and couldnt carry the clothes baskets up or down the stairs he weighed 10 1/2 lbs and was born at 41 weeks. All the others I worked up till the day I went into labor and nothing really was too much an issue.

1 Like

I cut a huge lawn two hours before having my 10lb son and came home and cooked our dinner the same day so? I’d say your pregnant not Ill :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Every womans pregnancy is different, so there is no right answer to this question. Some have problems during the first few months due to extreme morning sickness and feeling tired. Some have problems only during the last few months, when they have trouble moving around, bending or walking. Others have no problems at all. It sounds like you may be experiencing some depression? Which is normal for a single mother with a young child. Maybe it would help to make you less anxious if the teenager and your 6 yr old could help out by taking care of a lot of small chores around the house. What you are experiencing is completely normal, but talk to your doctor about how you’re feeling. That way any medicsl reasons for this can be ruled out. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

i handled everything until the day before delivery.

I didn’t have a choice. I was single during my pregnancy and I just had to suck it up. If I needed to, I would have an afternoon nap but that’s all I could do

With my first I was a sloth! I was so tired and sick the entire time. I worked until the day before I had my son. Dont stress…enjoy some down time before baby…dont let yourself feel guilty…you’re creating a human!

1 Like

I did everything until I headed to the hospital 5 days before 40 weeks. Worked full-time as well. But I was also 27 so age probably made it easier. I was limited to one area at my work after 7 months pregnant. My job is physical. I was also laying laminate wood flooring down at 8 months pregnant but took lots of breaks.

Most people of my generation worked up until a week before delivery.

With my 4th I was working 4-6 13 hour night shifts a week. I was up vacuuming my house before going to work when my water broke.

D last week of both of my pregnancy

All the way up until delivery. If I couldnt get down one way I was doing it another. I worked with a fast pace job until I was 38 weeks. Then cleaned until I had the baby. My first one wasnt so easy.

Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. My second I was literally moving the week I gave birth and I was 38 weeks along. My fourth at 38 I was laid up on my couch eating what ever I could eat and didn’t wanna move a muscle I felt so much like a :whale2:. Do what you can and don’t let it get you down that last month or so takes a toll

1 Like

Have the 16 yr old help you. It’ll be easier on you and make her feel good feeling out :grin:

1 Like

Im 8 weeks. And my morning sickness is so bad, for dinner i ate 2 slices of bread.

Never~ I worked up till the day I went into labor and was back to work two weeks later.

I did everything up until the day I had to leave to have my baby in a different area. I just asked help of my S/O in my third trimester cause some stuff were just impossible.

I had to work with both my pregnancies so had no choice, really. It does get really hard at the end but you have to force yourself through it. I had a tougher time in the beginning of mine though because of the sick feeling.

Every pregnancy is different with my first I lost a lot of energy and motivation I was physically done doing anything at about 34 weeks second pregnancy he laid right on my nerves where most days I couldn’t walk without excruciating pain at 30 weeks and my 3rd I worked up until the day before my induction date but after work I laid in bed the rest of the evening and went to bed at like 7 every night I had a support belt that I wore all day so that helped a whole lot with the pain

I went to my mom’s , washed her car, my car, her Mobile home, took a shower, stayed over night at moms, and darn if I didn’t go into labor and she came the net morning!! , but each person is different, and some people are real babies theirselves, but that’s them

I worked until the day before delivery with mine. Not that it was easy. It sucked

I worked until inwas 39 weeks. Had my daughter at 39 and 2

I worked till I went into labor at 36 weeks… thank god I only had me to take care of

1 Like

The day I went in to labor

I was 40 weeks scrubbing the floors, skirting etc it’s different for everyone, just do what you can and make sure the kids/partner do there share

A 16 yo is old enough to help, she can help cook and be your aid. She’s gotta learn responsibility somehow! Just don’t make her do everything. Also at 6 I was cleaning up floors all over my house, picking them up so my mom can vacuum and cleaning bathrooms. A little hard work never hurt a kid!

1 Like

By 20 weeks I could barely roll out of bed…literally. I couldn’t bend to sit up I had to roll. But my son was positioned weird to the point my sciatic nerve was crushed during more than half the pregnancy. I couldn’t do hardly anything but go to the bathroom and sit on the couch or lay in bed. I couldn’t move to do much of anything else. But at 36 weeks he moved and I started doing everything from cleaning house walking round the block to moving furniture my fiancé struggled to move :joy:

First of all you are creating a human being, take the time and relax. If you’re not feeling up to doing something, don’t. Every pregnancy is different, you just have to do what is right for your body. Creating a human is a lot of work on its own. So if you can enjoy some down time, do it! Maybe make chores for the other kids and do what you can. You got this momma! :heart:

3 Likes

I didnt. I did have to slow down towatds the end, but I was still sble to do everything. I went into labour with my 3rd (9days overdue) hanging out the washing

I worked until 35 weeks pregnant and was scrubbing my carpets a week before I had my baby. Only way I could stay active was to clean.

Really just have to do your best with everything on your to-do list.

One of my pregnancies I was a student full time and still helped my mom around the house and baby sat for her. (I was 17)
Went into labor at school.

2nd pregnancy I worked all the way up to one week pior to giving birth.
3rd pregnancy I worked full time up until 6 weeks before I gave birth
4th pregnancy I was a stay @ home mom.
Which the last 6 weeks were bad.

It’s about doing as much as you can during the day you feel good. Instead of just wanting to lay on the couch.

I painted this wall at 33 weeks but took breaks inbetween the colors… like nap breaks lol​:blush: I went till the day they induced me. Everyone is different :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Don’t compare!!! That’s always a mistake. I intended to stay active my entire pregnancy and work until the end or my doctors told me to slow down… keep in mind I was working as a cna while pregnant. Around 18-19 weeks I was involved in a car accident where my injuries nearly killed both my son and I. I actually found out his gender in the hospital hooked up to machines and having to take narcotics to keep my body stable enough for both of us… I literally told my mom at the hospital while they were inserting a chest tube in my lung to let my work know I wouldn’t be going in the next day and I would keep my boss updated. Afterwards I struggled due to the extent of injuries… I mentally was ready to get back to my old habits, but physically had to slow down a lot sooner than I hoped for and it made me feel less than or weak (since we always hear everyone’s opinions on things) DONT ASK!!! If you need to slow down, just do it. However the teenage can help some also… not all of it but could definitely learn to help around.

3 Likes

It might be depression

2 Likes

I’m 49 years old and can’t handle daily tasks. IJS. Lol

1 Like

It’s amazing how many women jumped in here to mom shame. That is not what this page is for!

1 Like

Are her limbs broken? She should be helping u! At 16 she should be picking up the slack where u cant right now. Make her earn her keep!

I was doing housework up until the day I gave birth with all 6, have the teenager pitch in if your struggling with fatigue.

3 Likes

Have the kids help out.

Your teenage niece could help out.

Well the 16yr old can help with chores and cooking but really I didn’t stop till I went into labor with all 5 of my kids. There are times that you just have to make yourself move cause it’s not good for the hips to sit for too long. It’s good to take breaks so you don’t over do but it’s also not good to do nothing unless you are in Dr ordered bed rest

All the stages I was very sick and swollen my entire pregnancy

Speak to Midwife. Due to frequent laps I struggled from 12 wks. Last two weeks intense pain. Increased meds, early delivery discussed but doctor said wait at 33+0 I went into premature labour Inn my birthday. Emergency csection at 8 cm breech footlong. Found at 5cm

You have a full plate. Add it to the time change I’m not pregnant but all my friends are dragging and it has been since Sunday. Pregnancy doesn’t help.

Unless you have a health issue with your pregnancy I dont see what is wrong I worked up till the day I went in labor cooked cleaned laundry took care of my daughter maybe you are nemic our have a health problem maybe you need to talk to your doctor. Good luck

2 Likes

I’ve been sleeping more than I’ve been awake lately (also 33 weeks) but I still find energy to clean. I just have to stop a lot and take a breather and maybe a nap in between tasks.

1 Like

Weeks 4-12 with morning sickness so bad I could barely function.

In the same boat lovely, cs7se of my diabetes as soon as I was put on insulin things were better. I still have my naps here n there, everyone is different don’t stress it’ll get better after bubs born xo

1 Like

Have your niece help you out with daily chores if possible, and take one day at a time. Rest frequently, nap if you can, try to go to bed at night earlier. But definatly have your 16 yr old help you out.

I had ross river with my second child and literally collapsed (my legs just wouldn’t work) at about 30 weeks. Please go to your gp and get boods done, Id understand aching at the end of the day but I don’t think it’s normal to be that fatigued during pregnancy.