What to bring to the beach for an infant?

Leaving for the beach tomorrow with my 7week old. Any advise ? Things I need to get ?

8 Likes

Ur in for miserable time

8 Likes

They have little tent looking things for babies that are really helpful. Keeps the sand off and has shade and screens for air flow. Just keep an eye on the temperature inside

1 Like

Find a good shady spot, sunscreen, baby sunhat, blanket, little handheld fan
You’ll have fun- don’t worry about people being so negative!:heart::unamused:

4 Likes

The sun will reflect off the water, so make sure sunscreen is reapplied often! (Even if you are under a tent or umbrella, they still can get burnt.)

2 Likes

I took my newborn to the beach. My in laws usually rent a house for a week every July. I had my son July 5th. Stayed in hospital 3 days, the day after we were home my husband and kids and myself went to the beach.
Lots of shade, fan, cold water bottles for formula if you’re not breastfeeding, sunscreen and lots of blankets you’ll be fine. Don’t worry about negative Nancy up there

4 Likes

I saw where someone took a twin sheet and put things in the four courners to make like a crib like area for them to lay.

3 Likes

I thought you couldn’t use sunscreen on newborns?

1 Like

A 7 week old is too young for the beach

6 Likes

A baby that young can become overheated very easily as they are not capable of sweating like an older child yet. Sunscreen isn’t recommended at that age either. I personally wouldn’t take a child that age to the beach, but you do you.

6 Likes

Shade!!! A hat with a Brim that goes around for protection on face

1 Like

Don’t listen to the negative Nancy’s. 7 weeks old is not too young for the beach. :roll_eyes: It’s more work than fun, but it’s doable. These Fisher Price domes are worth every penny if you’re outdoors a lot. And they’re perfect for the beach.

5 Likes

Take a pack n play and a fitted crib sheet. Put the baby in the pack n play (obviously lol) then put the fitted sheet overthe top to block the sun. Baby still gets a nice breeze through the sides but no direct sunlight. And have fun!!!

4 Likes

Sunscreen and a wind breaker. Windbreaker will give u shade, stop sand blowing in ur eyes and privacy if u breastfeed. Kai was a few weeks older and he loved it

1 Like

Not bashing anyone who is saying use sunscreen because honestly I’m pretty sure I used it on mine under 6 months BUT that was before I was educated a little further. I’ve also seen pictures of babies who had a chemical burn from using sunscreen under 6 months. Mine thankfully never got one but I personally wouldn’t use it now if they were under 6 months. Also not saying you shouldn’t take your baby. But I would definitely keep baby shaded and take inside somewhere to cool off often. :relaxed:

3 Likes

A margarita,
A good book, sunglasses for you and shade for the little one :wink: enjoy!

2 Likes

Don’t put sunscreen on babies under 6 months

2 Likes

be mind smart and you be fine .

Ppl saying don’t take such a young one to the beach are not being negative it’s being smart.

8 Likes

Sun screen. Hat. Shade. Pack n play with a sheet was also a great idea.

Limit beach time. No hours…the baby is fragile

Just know that you are going to pack and extra suitcase for baby. Pack n play, diaper cream, SPF clothes are a must.

Don’t use sunscreen on babies under 6 months. Bring or rent beach umbrellas. Make sure to have shade at all times for the baby.

3 Likes

My son’s pediatrician oked sunscreen at 4 months as long as it has zinc oxide in it baby will be fine. :person_shrugging: is what I was told. So MOST bottles that are pink have zinc oxide in them and is baby safe.

If you must, keep that baby under covered shade at all times
:man_facepalming:t2:
If a sunburn is uncomfortable to you, think about how uncomfortable that Infant will be!!

2 Likes

All of Mine love the beach, be live so close and take advantage add much as possible. Id take sunscreen (our pediatrician said it was OK for our daughter) shade, drinks for hydration, packed diaper bag with extra clothes, towls,toys and something to munch on.

Between hours of 12 and 2 stay inside with the baby. Get a swim shirt, shorts and hat. Also get a beach umbrella. I live 6hrs from the gulf and took my youngest when he was 3wks old.

Guys why no sunscreen until 6 months old???

I took my baby that young to the beach. We went as a family so having extra people to watch him while I got beach time was super helpful!. A umbrella or if the beach allows tents is also helpful

KEEP HER TOTALLY OUT OF THE SUN
Sorry as a mother and a r.n. i get upset to see babies in the sun with no hat or blanket over them
Try to keep her as close on schedule as possible

There’s a new sunscreen for babies 2 months and older at walmart

A large beach umbrella and a weight to hold it up children’s sunscreen and a hat for the young one

baby sunscreen and shade

They have beach tents for babies…love them…and take portable fan

1 Like

hat is a good idea. they have sun hats for a dollar and the dollar store

Keep baby out of the sun as much as possible and use baby safe sunscreen

I took my baby to the beach for the first time at 6 weeks and I wore her in a wrap on me most of the time. It was perfect to keep her shielded from the sun but still close to me… and I still had my hands free.

Take a pack n play if you have one, cover the top with a fitted sheet & keep the baby shaded in there ! Drinks for hydration, extra clothes, diapers, wipes, bumbo seat, sun hat, put baby in bumbo seat in a mini pool so baby can sit in the water for awhile too !