What to take for the flu while pregnant?

Has anyone had the flu while pregnant? If so what did you take ? I work at a daycare and one of the kids got me sick …:confused: if you have had the flu did your stomach cramp alot like hurt bad and did you have really bad diarrhea nonstop ? I’ve had it for 3 days now I want it to end :sweat:

3 Likes

Tylenol and cough drops

1 Like

You need rest honestly. Having the flu while I was pregnant had me stuck in bed for two weeks straight. Xx

1 Like

You’re supposed to contact your ob if you get the flu while pregnant its dangerous they can tell you what to do.

4 Likes

The flu is respiratory in nature with fevers …and it isn’t really the season for flu, chances are it’s a stomach virus and you will have to just stay hydrated and let it pass

3 Likes

When I was pregnant with my twins I got the flu bad. They had to give me (?sp) compazine to stop me from throwing up.

Consult with your ob/gyn. Never take any medications while pregnant without consulting with your ob/gyn.

2 Likes

See a doctor dont play the guessing game and loose your baby

2 Likes

Drink lots of water and juices. It should soon. Call dr if concerned

The hospital gave me tamiflu while I was preggers, I got the flu from my son. I talked to my Dr before I took it & he said it was fine. My baby girl is a healthy wild 1 yr old

Sounds weird but drink some metamucil. I have had it stop diahrea

I got dehydrated so bad I had to go to the hospital. I was bedridden for days

Sprite crackers tylonal and that’s it

Get to the dr you cannot be getting enough fluids if you are still vomiting and have diahrea after 3 days.

1 Like

If you become dehydrated, blood flow to the uterus is reduced, causing uterine cramping or contractions due to the lack of hydration. … please see your OB

I would definitely contact your doctor especially if you’re in pain