What to take to the beach with an 8-month-old?

First time mother and I’m planning a beach trip. My little one will be 8 months by the time of the trip. What are some must haves?

6 Likes

sun lotion, bathing suit with coverage, hat for baby,

1 Like

Sunscreen, a hat, plenty of fluid and snacks, obvious diapers bag things. The diaper swimmers.

1 Like

Get a fitted sheet it works better then a blanket on the sand. If you put something in all 4 corners it will stay up and keep the sand out

1 Like

I would get one of those pop up tents for shade

1 Like

I used a pack and play with a blanket or umbrella to cover it for my girls for naps and down time.

1 Like

Do this to keep the sand and the sun off your little one!

7 Likes

A whole other adult just to take care of the baby. Lol.

5 Likes

Baby powder to get sand off

2 Likes

Sun screen, towls, change of clothes, baby powder gets sand off for easy clean up, butt cream cause sand can irritate the skin, something for shade, lots to drink, swimming diapers, wipes,

1 Like

Portable play yard not really a packnplay but it could work. We bought an 8 panel one so he wouldnt run off

1 Like

Baby powder for sand!!

1 Like

Sunscreen, beach hats, drinks and snacks, lots if shade, a blanket to sit on extra towels, maybe pack n play, digging toys, balls pullups and maybe a pillow for a nap.

Lots of sunscreen a floppy hat to protect the baby a pack and play is great. They can sleep in it in the room and it keeps them safe on the beach baby powder to help remove the sand. A small cooler so you can carry the snacks and bottles with you lots of wipes bottled water.warm clothes for when the air cools off at night.

1 Like

great site with lots of tips! Have fun!!

1 Like

Sun hat, big umbrella, baby sun block, little swimmers (swim diapers), bathing suit, a fitted sheet, snacks…

baby powder gets sand off quickly and a spray bottle of water you can cool them down with shade and apply baby sunscreen often.

I’m taking my baby to the beach this June. I got her a RuffleButts swimsuit. Snap crotch, zippered back, long sleeved and 50 spf. I also bought an all terrain collapsible wagon and one of those sun shade tents.

1 Like

Hat, plenty of drinks, highest sunscreen you can find. My son is fair skinned and even at 12 I get factor 80 one from Amazon. I always had mine wear a t-shirt during the hottest periods too xx

1 Like

Sunscreen, baby powder for removing sand, towel, water, snacks, bucket and shovel

Life jackets, sunscreen and lots and lots of water

I always bought a blow up pool for the baby to sit in on the beach with a umbrella for shade. Add a few toys. Blanket for nap time. Never had a problem with sand. Pool is cheap and comes in different sizes. Easy to replace.