What was it like being induced?

Has anyone been induced at 36 weeks because of pre eclampsia? How was the baby when it was born did they need to stay in nicu? I’m kindof stressing right now. Any insight on what to expect would be great

9 Likes

I had my baby at 36 weeks via c-section because of preeclampsia. He was 6lbs 2oz no stay in the NICU he was healthy and is now 12 weeks old

3 Likes

My best friend was induced at 35 weeks because of pre eclampsia and her daughter stayed in the Nicu for about 10 days. Her daughter is now almost 4 and super healthy. Sending positive vibes your way :heart:

I had to have an emergency csection at 37 weeks due to placental abruption. My son had to stay in NICU for 46 days because he had cyst on his brain, sleep apnea and severe acid reflux that would stop his breathing and heart. Every baby is different though and the doctors will be amazing for your child if needed to be born early.

My mom had it.
I came out at 3lbs. I was in the NICU for 6-7weeks.
But this was in the 80’s.

My son was born at 37 weeks due to preclamsia, he was born 8lbs 2oz and never stayed a day in the NICU :slight_smile: good luck girly! Don’t stress too much.

1 Like

My son was born at 35 weeks due to me having preeclampsia. I had an emergency c section with sedation.He was born at 4lbs 8 oz in NICU for two weeks and had respiratory failure and had to get a tube because he wouldn’t eat. He is now a happy 15 month old!

I was induced at 41 weeks due to preeclampsia. Everything was fine…no complications, no nicu.

I’m getting induced at 38 weeks due to it

My baby was born at 32 weeks. I had preeclampsia. But she was actually born due to placental abruption. At 32 weeks she was in the NICU for about a month. No crazy issues, just on some oxygen just for a few days then she just had a feeding tube til she could go home.

I had an emergency c-section at 33 weeks due to preeclampsia. He was born 3lb 4oz and in the NICU for exactly one month. He turns 8 in October and is perfect :sparkling_heart: good luck mama!

I was induced at 37 weeks for low amniotic fluid and baby was perfectly fine. No NICU.

My daughter was born at 36 weeks to the day bc I went into labor we stayed 3 days no nicu we had a few small issues and jaundice but nothing major

My daughter has this happen and the baby was fine, but you really need to pay special attention to the doctors orders when you go home…

at 36 weeks nicu should not be an issue. Many women birth at 36

I was induced at 36 weeks. My son spent 10 days in the NICU and is now a healthy 11 year old with no lasting issues.

35 week C-Section with twins due to Pre-E. No NICU time and both were out of the hospital within a week. They are now healthy and happy toddlers. Pretty scary and uncomfortable time for me though!

My son was born at 36 weeks due to me having issues but he was fine he weighed 8 lbs 10 ozs

Nope sadly my doctors never caught it she was born with an infection and i had one we both had to take medicine and that was it. She had to stay in the nursery for 3 days before they let her come back in the room. She was born 37 weeks and 6 days 8 pounds. Other than that she was absolutely healthy.

37 weeks induced bc of pre eclampsia and blood pressure she was exactly 6 lbs and healthy and needed nothing…

My baby was born at 37 weeks because of preeclampsia, he weighed 5’10 and didn’t need NICU at all. He didn’t even need oxygen .

I was induced at 35 weeks because of pre-eclampsia. My twins were 4 lb. 8 oz. and 3 lb. 6 oz. Every situation and babies are so different. My one daughter was in NICU for three weeks. My other daughter was affected by an airborne virus that went they the NICU and was critically affected but after 2 months, came home. They just turned 25 this month. Don’t worry momma, things should be okay whether your baby needs a NICU for awhile or can go right home.

My water broke at 37 weeks. I was concerned but my doctor wasn’t. She has been doing what she does for many years but every baby is different. He was healthy at 6lb 9oz. No problems. She said after 36 weeks she doesn’t have much worry. I wouldn’t be worried after 36 weeks now.

My daughter was born at 36 weeks cuz I had preeclampsia she was 3lbs and was only in the NICU for 3 days so I hope everything goes well for you and baby! :blush:

I had my baby 36 weeks she was 6.8 pounds no NICU

I was at 27 weeks. (Micro premie) I was already beyond pre eclampsia (HELPP). Fortunately they were able to give me 2 shots of steroids to help his lungs. I had him via c-section. He was born at 2.5 lbs and stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks. Came home a healthy 3.5 lbs baby. 1st pic when we took him home and the 2nd of him now 10 yrs later.

I was induced at 32 weeks. Baby was 2 pounds 11 ounces, otherwise super healthy and ready to rock the world!

They did an emergency c-section when i was 29 weeks due to pre eclampsia. My son was in the NICU for 72 days.

Your baby will be a lot better off having made it all the way to 36 weeks.

1 Like

I had my first at 35 weeks cuz of preeclampsia. She came right home with me. She was just tiny.

My water broke at 33 weeks but I would’ve been induced shortly after anyways due to preeclampsia and type one diabetes. My baby was 6 pounds 5 ounces and spent less than two weeks in the NICU.

Yes I was induced at 36 weeks due to pre eclampsia and my daughter was 4 pounds 6 ounces and had to stay in the nicu for 9 days there were no complications and she was healthy they just wanted to make sure she could eat on her own she had to learn the suck swallow breathe and she had to get back up to her birth weight

Every pregnacy is dif because every person is diff… My son came at 35 weeks an was 7lbs !. An only issue he had was jaundice.

1 Like

How is this funny?? Some y’all just straight cunts. It happens a lot you should be fine girlie.

I had preclampsia at 35 weeks, then ended up with labor contractions do broke my water. I now have a healthy almost 10 year old.

Samara Whitaker they are truly a blessing.

I was induced at 36 w with my 3rd for low amniotic fluid. He was 5lbs 1 oz. Was in the NICU for low blood sugar, which I was told was normal for small babies. During my ultrasounds they were concerned about kidney development and were worried he may need surgery because they thought the tube that went from his bladder to his penis was backwards?? To be honest it sounded weird, but they told me it was normal for boys. But he didn’t need surgery. The only indicator there was if is he peed. He peed a lot. So we never needed any surgery. We seen a kidney doctor periodically for the first 3 years of his life without any surgeries, just keeping an eye on them. He will be 11 years old the 6th this month. He does use the restroom more than any of my kids, but other than that he is completely healthy.

My husband was born at 36 mil just went into labor. He was 5lbs11oz no nicu stay just minor jaundice

I was induced at 37 weeks for preeclampsia and ITP. He came out 5 lbs no NICU stay. He had jaundice tho.

I had my daughter at 35 weeks. I was induced becauw of ther complications She did go to the nicu, but she was only there 12 hours or so. It was very brief. She was healthy otherwise. 5 pounds 6 ounces. She is now 4

1 Like

Had my 1st at 36 2nd at 37 n 3rd at 35 n all were healthy. My 2 boys had jaundice which is more common in boys but typically girls r stronger than boys I was told but all my kids were home within a week w no NICU! N my daughter was 4lbs 13oz when she came home!

Usually babies born at 36 weeks are just fine other than maybe some jaundice, my first was born at 39 1/2 weeks and still had jaundice so that really isn’t determined by delivering “early”. My second child was born at 37 weeks to the day and had minor jaundice and my third was born at 36 weeks 6 days and was just fine with no health problems. Prayers for a smooth delivery for both you and baby :heart:

I was with my son he was just shy of 8 pounds and is my healthiest kid

My baby was born at 36 weeks. She weighed 6lb13oz. No time in NICU. She came home with me

Rosemary Flansaas no it’s not. My daughter was born at 36 weeks and is considered a premie on her paperwork from her dr.

My last was born at 36 weeks. We went home 2 days later.

It just depends on the baby.
My oldest son was born at 34 weeks and went home within 24 hours, but I have an associate who has had 3 babies born at 37 weeks and they all had NICU stays.

I had to stay in for 1 month before getting induced at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia and high blood pressure. After being induced I gave birth to a healthy 7lb 6oz boy that could go home. Try not to stress urself as u will make urself feel worse

My shorty was born at 34 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. Stayed in NICU for 2 weeks. He turns 2 next sunday!

Why would anyone wanna laugh at this. I truly hope it was a mistake and just haven’t realized yet that they did it

1 Like

I had my son at 36 weeks exactly due to pre eclampsia although nothing really ever came of me “having” it according to them. But they gave me a couple steroid shots a couple weeks before to help His lungs develope faster, and thus he didnt have to spend any time in the nicu, he was born at 7 pounds 4oz

:raising_hand_woman:t3: no nicu, little jaundice. Did great

I was at 38 weeks. No Nicu. 6 lbs 5 oz healthy baby boy.

Had my son at 35+5. Preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. He was a perfectly healthy boy and weighed 7lb 10oz. No NICU at all.

Induced at 37 weeks baby stopped growing around 34 weeks ended up having to have a c-section and my daughter just stayed over night in nicu

I was at 35 weeks to the day baby spent 2 weeks in the nicu because she was losing a lot of weight and not controlling her sugar.

I was induced at 36 weeks exactly bc of my heart and my baby was 7 lbs and in perfect health… its plenty long enough …

I had my son at 33 weeks and he was 6lb 7 oz . Had to stay for 2 weeks . He had to learn to eat and had jaundice

Wasn’t Induced but had my son at exactly 36 wks and he was 6 pounds 7 ounces. Perfectly healthy and came home with me within 24 hours.

My granddaughter was born at 36 weeks to due my daughter having preeclampsia and she’s a type 1 diabetic. My granddaughter was born on a Monday and left the NICU Saturday and came home.

Yes all three of my children were born at 36 weeks no problems at all just a little bit of jaundice