What was it like flying with an infant?

Has anybody flown on a plane with an infant.? what was your experience, and how did the baby react.? I’m flying Friday with my two-month-old to see my brother(important reasons), so I’m just trying to see how it’s gonna go

5 Likes

How old is your baby and how long of flight? It’s important to have them sucking on something during takeoff and landing for their ears to pop. Also my pediatrician suggested dimetapp helps with a congestion and relaxes them. Worked for all 4 of my children

I did! I flew American Airlines. My son was only about 2.5 months old. I also had my 4 year old with me. Me and those two. The kids were wonderful. The employees on the plane were horrible. I was told I would have to put his bottle away durning takeoff. They refused to help me put my bags away in the overhead compartment, and seated me at the emergency exit and got angry when I told them I had my hands full and would not be helping anyone off the plane in case of an emergency. But again both kids were wonderful!

I flew with a 11 month old, smooth ride. Ears will pop when you land. Other then that baby might sleep threw it.

2 Likes

I flew with my boy every fortnight for his first year from been 5 week old. I found it easy enough. getting through security was the hardest part as in holding baby and unpacking and repackaging all your baggage. But I would advise just take your time and allow plenty of it.

It’s easy as long as u have a boob, bottle, or pacifier available the whole time. It helps w the pain experienced when rise and decent in altitudes causes.

Just feed on the way up and on the way down … I’ve flown with both daughters when 6 and 8 weeks old (also 6 months and 1 year) keep them swallowing to help their ears … travel light for carry on with only essentials and put all liquids in to a separate af for easy access, you can usually take pushchair right up to the gate x good luck x

I flew with my 8 month old at the time, and she was really good actually. She slept through most of it.

I flew with my (then) 4 month old, 7.5 hrs, he was an angel. I was 22 and didn’t have a clue about anything- only had his baby needs on board (bottle, formula, soother, diapers and wipes with a couple of changes of clothes). But another baby on board cried the whole flight.
There is no predicting how a baby will react/ behave on flights. Be prepared for as much as you can be. Something for them to suck on during take off and landing, anti-nausea otc meds help with air sickness and to have them rest; and it is best to give it as a preventative measure, not wait until they show signs of air sickness.
And I’d be more concerned and mentally prepared for angry adults

Its not bad, actually when they are little its easier. Its important that you nurse/give a bottle to the baby for take off and landing, also put pjs it will be easier to change diapers. Also bring extra diapers extra pjs or outfits. It will be better if you wear the baby so he will be calm feeling you close.
If you are nursing also wear those milk saver cups under your bra and bring a haakaa you will be engorged.
All your nursing stuff and breastmilk bag doesn’t count as your carry on bag. If you have any other questions just let me know

1 Like

My 4 year old has flown more than i have since he’s been 6 months old. He loves the plane!

It is easy. Plan accordingly. A bottle or pacifier for take off and landing. Check the bags you don’t need and you can take stroller to plane door and gate check it.

1 Like

Snacks like crazy, and closed bottles of juice to fill up the real bottle. And she was good.

I flew with my daughter when she was around 6 months old. She just slept the whole plane ride

Super easy. Check car seat and use stroller and check that each gate. Bring pacifiers and keep for take off and landings. I brought the boppy to make it easier for sitting there. Premade bottles. And flight attendants are amazing so don’t be afraid to ask help. My daughters ended up in the cockpit once while I was using the bathroom lol. Wouldn’t let me take a picture but it was adorable seeing this little two month old “flying” a plane lol

Easy! I flew with my than 5 month old & he slept the entire way. Both ways.

I flew with my my two boys alone when they were 3 months old and 3 years old. My 3 month old slept the majority of the plane ride and only woke up to eat which was perfect since I was breastfeeding. I flew from STL to Virginia so total like a 4 to 5 hour plane ride with a lay over in Chicago. It only sucked coming back because our flight was canceled then that was a nightmare sitting in an airport for 6 hours with two small children.

I flew with my 1 month old, she did great. But make sure you have a bottle or pacifier. If not those breastfeed to help with the ear stuff

1 Like

Make sure as you’re going up and down baby is suckling. Whether it’s your boob or a bottle. It’ll help with the pressure in the ears.

1 Like

Someone tried to steal my cousin at an airport. She kept offering to hold him while we got bags and stuff.
But anyway it’s not horrible if they don’t might the horrible thing done to their ears. Airplanes are already miserable. Knowing someone is verbally miserable sucks too.

My experience was pretty good. She was five months at the time and very well behaved the whole two flights. The trick is to schedule the flight during nap time and wear your baby, breastfeeding when needed.

Feed during take off and landing to help with ear discomfort. I flew with my daughter multiple times as an infant and she was amazing. Typically they sleep most the way. I bought the formula bottles like you get at the hospital, 2 oz and the tsa just checked them and let me take them. It was right amount for take off and landings without waste plus no mess to clean after drinking. Best wishes

Yes! I flew with my baby girl 2 months, I breastfed as we took off and landed to help her ears adjust!
She was so quiet the whole time! Just drank or slept the entire flight. I also packed bottles and formula just in case she needed a top up
Good luck mumma

lots and lots of diapers, we brought 8 for a 6 hour trip and we had a terrible diaper incident we used all in an hour ,good thing for flight attendants being prepared. she was 4 months old, was happy after all that mess , a night flight slept and breastfed. For every hour bring two diapers according to flight attendants. Good luck.

If you’re breastfeeding, feed him on take off and landing. 2month is easy baby shall be sleeping most the flight if baby seems in any discomfort boob him or bottle him could be his ears.

Have a bottle prepared for take off and landing, so they can adjust to the altitude change easier.

carry on!!! You will need those extra clothes and blankets.

Bring grocery bags for dirty clothes or even the scented bags for diapers.

Most likely baby will sleep the whole time! Nurse/give bottle during takeoff and landing, the sucking will help keep their ears balanced out to make sure pressure doesn’t build up. Bring like 3 extra outfits to cover blowouts, puke, and anything else. Its usually easier than you expect at this age!

2 Likes

I flew with a 2month old was easy she slept most of the way I had her in a carrier strapped to me… Was a 3 hr flight nursed her right before we got on flight and once on plane also had a 1yo and 7yo… U can bring a regular carry on for ur self and a diaper bag for baby no extra charge carseat and stroller also u can take up to gate they will load unter plane also free no extra charge

I flew with my daughter when she was 3 months. She didn’t sleep despite it being an early morning flight but she was very entertained watching people and looking out the window during the flight. We only had a 3-4 hour flight, i cant remember exactly. I changed her before the flight left and after we landed and she was fine. I made sure to have a bottle prepared before boarding so i didn’t have to struggle making it on the flight. The other babies that were a little older on the flight slept through check in and flying, i just have a really nosey child :joy:

I’ve flown 7months preg, with a 1.5 yr old, ive flown with a 1 month old, ive flown with a 4, 2, an 1 yr old. By myself. Its crazy. But can be done. Ur baby is tiny still so make sure its eating when u land and take off that helps the ears from popping. Other than that baby should sleep the entire way. Bring a bobby pillow so u can hold her and not have to hurt ur arms the entire way.

I took my baby when she was 6 months (she’s now 19 yrs old!) and it was a nightmare
She screamed the whole flight and knocked a drink out of someone’s hand. We laugh about it now but…ugh

My son did not like being confined to the seat. He didn’t want to sleep or eat. He cried alot and I know that bothered those around us. As soon as we landed he quit crying and was happy.

A 14 hour plane ride to Germany, pacificers, and bottles and feed them til you are up and the pressure regulates so their ears don’t pop and make them cry, same when the plane descends, diapers, wipes, some toys to keep their attention and maybe some baby biscuits to chew on, some extra clothes

I took my 1 month old on a flight cuz we where moving. She did fine. It was only a 2 hour flight. They said to feed her while descending. She slept the whole time

i took a flight with my 1 year old and 3 month old puppy. it was hard but we flew the red eye so it wasnt so bad they slept the entire time’

I flew alone with my 6 month old. Feed or give passifier during take off and landing. I also reccomend using a carrier. Baby can’t be in it during the flight, but having both hands free sure made getting on and off the plane easier.

My daughter was a year old. We didn’t have any issues she slept all the way.

Make sure they have a paci incase there ears pop

The younger they are the more likely they are to sleep on the plane, but prepare to get creative if baby poops. I’d say 50% of planes don’t have changing tables, and one time I literally changed a diaper on a flight attendants lap. She was a good sport. Good luck!

1 Like

A comfy, reliable baby carrier to keep your hands free

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

Make sure that your baby is sucking on something for take-off and landing. It will keep their ears from popping. Also no matter of the baby cries…you’ll never see any of your fellow passengers again😊

1 Like

I flew when my baby was 5 months old, she did great. Make sure to have a bottle for take off and landing ready because it helps with ear popping but other than that she slept the whole time.

2 Likes

I flew with my 4 month old a couple months ago and I was so anxious about it! But he did great! I breastfed him right before and during take off and before we landed and he fell asleep the rest of the way. It was a 3 hour flight

1 Like

I flew with my infant and toddler and both did fantastic! Just nurse/feed if you can during landing and takeoff

1 Like

When I flew with my 2yo (he was 6 weeks at this point) he did an amazing job. He slept the entire flight. The lady sitting behind me even said she didn’t even realize I was holding a baby until after the plane landed. One suggestion tho… if your baby is formula fed like mine was, then I would get some of that liquid pre-made stuff. It was so convenient and easy at the airport so I didn’t have to worry about mixing a bottle or heating it up