What was the oldest you had a child?

What was the oldest you had a kid? I’m not sure if I’m getting too old.

12 Likes

33, that was not a good idea :joy:

Never too old til the doctor says. Don’t listen to people. Women are having healthy, safe pregnancies to their early 40s now

I had my oldesrest at 35, youngest at 40. My youngest will be 3 in August and I do tire sooner with her, also keeping in mind she is alot. Lol stubborn, huge personality but beautiful, worth it and I have no regrets. As long as you’re active, involved and able to keep up, there shouldnt be a # attached to when you decide to have a child. I was considered higher risk due to my age for both pregnancies but had no tough complications with either pregnancy. Just lots ot swelling with her pregnancy.

I was 21 when I had my first and 36 when I had my 4th. I’d love to have another 1 or 2. :heart: I think as long as your doctor says it’s okay and you feel alright, then go for it.

I had 4 kids by 23 I had my 5th at 33 and I feel that my last pregnancy really took a toll on my body I love my baby and he’s so much fun my only son at that but without a super supportive husband I probably wouldn’t recommend it lol I’m 35 been having talks of having another but I don’t think i got it in me :sweat_smile:

I’m 37 with a 14 year old & a 9 year old.
I didn’t want to be one of those mothers being 50 with a 10 year old.
When I’m 50, I’d have a 27 year old & a 22 year old.

Had my 4th at 39, was my hardest pregnancy but wouldn’t change a thing!

Had my last at 34 and was by far easier than my other 2 in my 20’s

3 Likes

Had my 7th and last at 37, turned 38 in april, he turns 1 tomorrow, and I am DONE

I had my first child when I was 23 and I’m having my second child in a few weeks at 32

I gave birth on March 16th, turned 40 on May 2nd. She’s 11 weeks old, her brothers are 16 & 20. I wouldn’t have it any other way! :heart:

6 Likes

I had my youngest 4 years ago today. I turned 32 9 days before. I wouldn’t have anymore now I feel too old :rofl: I had 4 under 5s by 26 and it was easy. Now my older 4 are very self sufficient so it’s just my youngest two I need to really worry about (5 and 4 yrs) and I’m struggling and so tired all the time lol but really as long as you’re healthy I wouldn’t let age put you off too much.

1 Like

I was almost 24, 26 & 39.5 when I had my kids! All great pregnancies and natural births! Youngest just turned 9… some days I question my sanity but most days it is good!!! Oldest 2 moved out (but we all work together) so life would be very quiet & different if we didn’t have the young one!! He keeps us grounded!!

I had all 4 of mine by 28. At 36, I couldn’t imagine starting again. But lots of people do. You know your body and what you are capable of handling

2 Likes

I was 42 when I had my toddler.

I had 5 from age 17-26 they are now grown my baby is graduating in a few days

Got pregnant at 23, 25, and 27. Miscarried the first two, but the last one is now 5 :heart: I have chronic illness, though. I’ve heard you can have healthy pregnancies into your late 30s early 40s, but the risks get higher and higher

I wasn’t planning on having kids but I swear the grandmas’ constant prayers got me pregnant at 32 & 35. Both kids healthy, vag delivery. My mom got married (1st & only marriage) at 41 and she got surprise pregnant and had me at 45 in 1956.

If it weren’t for an undetected uterine tumor crowding me out it would have been a normal birth. Instead, I was early, and me, tumor & uterus were removed over several hours of surgery. I did ok as a preemie, though have asthma, & had a wonderful childhood. I was an only child, though adoptions were discussed, but didn’t work out. My mom died at 97 and she got to see both her grandchildren graduate high school, and my dad outlived her by 2 years (though he was 9 years younger than she was).

If you’re reasonably healthy, as long as you have a uterus and a fertilized egg (sperm &/or egg can be donated) you can carry to term. If not, a surrogate can gestate your baby for you. The more outside help you have to wind up with a baby, the more expensive it gets though. The older you are the harder it is for your body to snap back. And the older you are, the higher the risk for birth defects, so you may need more testing.

If you have other children already: Kids are going to like or not like each other no matter the age gap. My two close in age fought growing up, my friend’s kids are 10 years apart and adore each other. It’s a crapshoot.

My mom said I kept her young, though those were the days when you could live well on one salary, moms were around during the day, and you could say, “go outside and play and be home for dinner/when the street lights come on.” It’s more stressful and expensive now for both parents and children.

Be advised that due to economic and other factors children are living with their parents much longer, so you may be fairly responsible for them through age 26 or more. But if you have the money and energy, go for it!

Surprise baby at 36. My body felt that harder. A very different experience vs in my 20s.

1 Like

I was 39 when I had my youngest. The pregnancy was considered geriatric lol and high risk and I had to go for ultrasound every month. Honestly it was scary. If I could have more, I would. But I considered myself too old after the ordeal with my youngest.

1 Like

Had my oldest at 22, and my youngest bio at 31…9 years apart. My youngest bonus baby came into my life when he was 4 and I was 38. I’m now knocking on 45 and my kiddos are 22, 14, 12, and 10. While I absolutely wouldn’t have any more at my current age, I’ll never regret the ones I gave life to or the ones life gave to me later on

I’m currently pregnant at 29

My grandmother was 44 when she had my dad.
My great grandmother was 50 when she had my grandmother!

4 Likes

I had my first at 20 and second at 27. I’m now 32 and it’s a nope no more for me lol

I was 28 when I had my last one. I have friends who have had babies with little to no complications in their mid 40s.

I adopted twins at 20, then went on to have 2 biological kids at 24 and 33 years old. 33 was kinda rough. I wouldn’t say I’m too old etc. But I’m 40 now and don’t have the energy i did with my 3 older boys. I think a lot more has to do with your health etc. I was very overweight as well with my youngest. I’ve lost 70lbs over the last year though and that’s helping a lot!!

I am 5 weeks postpartum and I am 44! I have 3 adult daughters and just had a little boy. There are more risks when you are older. We had 2 prior miscarriages and they started me on progesterone immediately this time. I had gestational diabetes and preeclampsia but baby turned out wonderful! It was all worth it!

I was 30 when I had my 4th and finally child. I did not want to have kids after 30. I wanna enjoy being old lol

2 Likes

Honestly ask your doctor if you are healthy enough, a healthy 55 year old can handle a pregnancy better than an obese diabetic 35 year old. Also think about your age plus 18-20 years of active parenting… I decided if I was not in a position to have another before I turned 36 that would be my cut off age.

I was 35. Know people that have had babies in their 40s. Personally at 38 I don’t have the energy for anymore.

I had my 3rd and final child at 40,good pregnancy, good healthy baby never regretted it.I didn’t feel as tired like I did with my other babies either, it was like my body was young again lol

I’m curious also. I’m 32 and my youngest is 3. I really want one more. If it doesn’t happen by the time I’m 35, I’ll be done.

I had my little girl three weeks before my 38th birthday. Had my son at 32.

1 week after I turned 38, but she was also never suppose to happen according to the drs. I was told I couldn’t have any more after my son. So my kiddos are 29, 23 and almost 8 :woman_facepalming:

I’m pregnant now and I’ll have my baby a month after my 37th bday

I had my daughter at 42 and my son at 51. Do not regret it one bit:).

5 Likes

39 was my last baby . Love every minute

I’m 36 now, pregnant, and feeling great!

30 and she is the joy of my life.

31 with my oldest and 38 with my youngest.

I was 26 with my 1st and 36 with my 2nd. I’m tired lol.

1 Like

40, perfect pregnancy and perfect baby

1 Like

I had my daughter at 37 she is 3 now and I’m 40. I lover her to pieces but man am I old and tired:)

I had my son at 24 and I just got married. I’m almost 34 I want 2 more

35 & 36 too old. I’m worn out all the time!

I’m currently 26 and pregnant with my 5th. I always said I’d stop at 30…

I was 24 when I had my 4th child

I am 33 and due in August with my 3rd. Hoping for 1 more after this one

39 years old, she’s now 10

I’m 39 and having my 3rd and final baby in 6 weeks

I had my youngest at 35( my oldest at 20, and my middle at 34). I just turned 41 in February

Had my 4th child at the age of 42

I was 39, my SIL was 42…

I had my last at 26 but I had all mine young.

I’m 35 and begging my hubs for our 3rd :rofl:

I had three girls at 19,24 and 26.

First at 24,Second at 34.

Just had my 4th and final baby last week at 35 :heart:

1 Like

Had our first and only at 41.

Had my first one at 20 and just had my last one at 35 and let me tell you lol I felt every bit of 35 with this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

36 from the youngest 14 yrs apart 11, 25 , 27 , 28

Had my 5th and last baby at 35.
My kids are 15, 13, 5, 2, 5 months old.
(Four girls, one boy) I’ll be 36 in like two weeks.

30 when I had my last baby.

My friend little one just turned 1- she had her when she was 44/45

I turned 29 A month after my last

21 with first then 23. 25

41….im so freaking tired now

1 Like

Had my oldest at 28, twins at 32, and my youngest at 38. I did tire more easily in the last months of my last pregnancy. He is now 5, and I have a lot more patience at this age.

37, insurance covers generic testing, found out the gender at 11 weeks, she was and still is perfect :purple_heart:

17, 21, 25,34 and the last one I was 35. My pregnancies at 34 and 35 were my easiest!

35! I am now 41 with a 6 year old!!:two_hearts:

A month shy of 37 and I will say pregnancy in your 20s is so much easier than pregnancy in your late 30s. :sweat_smile: But I wouldn’t trade my babies for anything.

1 Like

I was 16, 20, 24, 28 and 31. Was told i was an older mummy!

Oldest at 20 and youngest at 39. One in-between at 36.

Oldest at 17 youngest at 31 …5 total

It’s going to vary for everyone. I was 20 when I had my last. I know someone who is about to turn 50 and is doing ivf. She had her first last year. I could never do that. To each is their own.

youngest 23 the oldest 39 and 40 last 2 are 15 mths apart had after i turned all these ages in dec. oldest birthday is aug 21, middle april 13, and july 10th, and im 52 now.

I had my oldest at 32 and my youngest at 41

I’m still pretty young 29 this year and had my baby in February lol around the second week postpartum I wanted to get pregnant again. Of course I haven’t yet lol. However my friends parents had her around 45 years old.

I had all 4 of my kids before I was 30. I want to enjoy my 40s/50s not care for a newborn unless I’m blessed with grand babies.

Adopted when I was 34 because I was told I would never have my own. Gave birth 2 days after turning 41.

I had my last child when I was 29

I was 20, 22, 24. Then my finally at 32… it was all good :+1:

I had my son at 26 and my twins at 27.

I had my last baby at 43.
37, 39 and then 43. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

30 I had my last one but I started at 18

Didn’t have my first till 29 then by 33 I had 4. My mom didn’t have me till she was 40

I was 40 when I had my daughter