What will happen if my give my daughter my boyfriends last name?

Does anyone know if I give my daughter my boyfriend’s last name if it will mess up me having her on insurance under my name ? Asking from Texas (it’s government insurance)

1 Like

Is he her dad?
If not I wouldn’t until marriage and/or adoption

10 Likes

This post need clarification

3 Likes

It can if you live together and he makes “too much money” because as the father or claiming that he is (which he would be by having the last name) it would go off of the household income. That’s in Indiana so not sure other states. You might want to ask beforehand but more than anything you probably should get married to the guy. Like a more permanent relationship before you do anything with your child.

Your bf? If he can’t get y’all off government assistance then why is this even a thought?

3 Likes

No but I’d think about it before you do it. I’ve heard lots horror baby dad stories involving regret

My son carries his deceased father’s name. No issues on my insurance .

1 Like

Your child can have any last name you want them to have. I gave my son my maiden name. I had gotten married and divorced but didn’t change my name back. Too much of a hassle. So I gave him that instead. What will matter is if you put the father on the birth certificate. They don’t question the last name, they question the father information for child support, income, etc.

Why tf wld you give your daughter your BOYFRIENDS name all while he keeping you on Medicaid welfare?!?!?! He won’t marry you but you’ll give your child his name Poor child. Smfh

My kids don’t have my last.name

I changed my second sons name, his father went to prison and never met him. My now husband and I got together when he was 1yr old, and I had another son that was 6. I asked my oldest when he was 7 if he wanted to change his name he said no and I respected that, my2nd son grew up with only knowing my now husband but I wanted him to have my husband’s last name instead of his bio father’s. I legally had it changed through the court before he started kindergarten. The only issue I have run into is that because his birth certificate and social security card are still under the bio father’s last name, all medical is still under that name instead of the court approved name until I can get into social security to change it there which has been a pain in the butt and quite the drive to get to.

Are you doing this because you’re so in love with him right now? Do you know honeymoon face fades very fast and then what? You going to change his last name to new bf?