What would you do in this situation?

My son (11) came home crying because his so called “friends” held him down and started punching him and stretching out his new clothes at their house. I know boys rough house, but he asked them to stop and they didn’t stop, so when he was able to get up and out of their room he ran home and even ended up leaving his phone there. Which he is very responsible with. They had him trapped in the room- 2 against 1. He didn’t even tell me about it when he got home, we just heard him crying and upset in his room. So while I’m talking to my son trying to figure out what happened the boys showed up with his phone. I asked them if they punched him and the older one nodded his head yes. So I told them that’s not cool, you don’t treat your friends like that and I told them I was calling their mom and they’re not allowed over here anymore. He has been friends with these kids for years and they live on the same street so they’re always hanging out. Now he thinks they’re gonna make fun of him cuz it looks like he tattle tailed on them. I told him not to worry about it because he doesn’t want to be friends with them anymore anyway. My son was a true friend to them and he’s so upset about it. I said everything I could to try to make him feel better. It hurts my heart to see that happen and my momma feathers are ruffled!! I called the mom and she had no idea what happened and I’m not mad at her so I made sure to let her know that, but I told her to let her kids know that they’re not allowed at my house anymore and they lost a good friend. I’ve known her since our kids were in diapers too. I’m so upset that my son is hurt mentally and physically. I tried to make him feel better but his heart is broken because he lost, what he thought, were friends. I told him you find out who your true friends are. And if they’re not true friends then keep your distance. I’m just done because there has been other issues in the past and I’ve let it go, let it go, let it go.. but this was just too much. I put a stop to that s*#t immediately so now it’s THE END and my son is left heart broken. I guess it works out better now because they weren’t even true friends from the beginning. The mom mentioned them wrestling around but she didn’t know that they didn’t stop when he asked and those boys KNEW DAMN WELL that they were hurting him!! Because they were punching him hard. My son showed me how they were doing it, and that wasn’t just wrestling around. So the mom she said she was going to talk to them. But I’m just done with all of them, so now I have to figure out how I’m going to heal my sons broken heart. Any advise would be much appreciated because I don’t know what else I can do to heal his heart. I tried to distract him with a board game but he wasn’t into it, but he got to choose dinner and he was happy to get Taco Bell.
  • A disappointed, heated, broken hearted mother.