When can babies use blankets?

At what age did you start using blankets in bed my daughter’s about to turn a year old and im just curious

5 Likes

Since DD was born. We just swaddled her with her arms out so she couldn’t pull it up over her face.

1 Like

Since we brought them home.

Since they were born.

I was just thinking this mine is only 6 months right now and rolls a lot so I don’t swaddle him anymore but I don’t remember when I did with my older two

Since the day both my kids were born.

2 Likes

Day 1 :woman_shrugging: only way he will sleep is with a snuggle buddy

1 Like

Day 1 she likes fuzzies

my daughter had a comforter from day 1 she slept on it more times than not shes used her blankie (fleece blanket) since around 6 months when she started pulling it to her…my son was the same way except i used the fleece blanket to swaddle him in only way i could get him to sleep

Mine have used one since they was born. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s old enough for sure, I always just tried to keep things away from their face still tho. Maybe one small stuffed animal or something

Mines 15 months and ive tried to give her a blanket and it gets balled up on the other side of her bed. So she dosnt want it i guess. Ill wait. I only swaddled her for a couple months.

Sense birth. My son didnt like blankets until he was a few months old but my daughter is just fine with them.

Since he could roll/sit up on his own :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the PJs with feet for mine.

About 1 month old but it was really thin and small. I just kept him in long sleeve, footed jammies to sleep.

1 Like

Hmmn about 6-7 months

It is incredibly dangerous to put a blanket in a crib with a child under the age of one. They can get tangled and accidentally suffocate themselves. If your baby is under a year old, check into wearable blankets instead. If they are over one, consider thicker pajamas and a light weight blanket.

9 Likes

My first daughter used hers since day one but my second is 6 months and I don’t let her sleep with one since she loves to cover her face with it. Really just matters on your kid and when you feel comfortable with it

I personally don’t think it’s safe for a while. Probably till 18 months or 2. I just use a sleepsack and my little one loves it. Sometimes she won’t sleep without it

3 Likes

Day ONE with four healthy children that now are ranging from 8-2 years old, about to be five children in June. I could never lay in a bed without a blanket and sleep comfortably; I won’t expect my baby to either.

2 Likes

Once she was a year old and I knew if she had issues she could move it off of her. No reason to risk suffocation. It’s recommended to wait until they’re a year anyway

2 Likes

Since i brought my daughter home from the hospital she is now 8 months

1 Like

Even after a year i was still nervous. But he wouldnt stay still anyway. So once he started staying in the same spot to sleep.

Day 1. Started with the hospital blanket. Then a thin cotton blanket and now a soft lightweight paper thin fleecey one. He’s 8.5 months

3 Likes

Since day one. I can’t sleep without one don’t expect my babies too!

4 Likes

I always bed shared and covered us both up to the hips with a light blanket. Never had any issues with either kids but I’m a very light sleeper. I don’t do pillows though, maybe about 18 months for pillows.

Alone both were about a year. But my youngest freaked everyone out because he loves covering his head/face (definitely my kid!) So I had a lose knitted blanket made, did the trick! He could still breathe, cover his head and stopped freaking everyone out!

Some of these questions…wow people :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I used crochet blankets only, because they have holes in them.

1 Like

Youngest is almost 2 and still doesn’t use one. The risk of SIDS is too high for me to take that chance when they can just wear warm jammies.

1 Like

Since day 1 starting in the nicu he got attached to them and hes almost 2 and sleeping with my old one now

Both my kids always used blankets since day 1…

1 Like

Day 1. She was swaddled then I just laid it over her. She has to have a blanket to sleep now :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My son has been using a blanket ever since he could easily roll ovee

Always. When they were real little I would make sure it was a light cover and the house was a good enough temperature. When they got old enough to roll over or turn their heads around then I used a regular baby blanket.

1 Like

Receiving blankets right away but bigger blankets, which is what i think you mean, once he could roll over on his own

Since day one honestly. Done it with both of my children! A real thin cotton blanket.

2 Likes

My daughter only uses a blanket when it’s cool in her room but I started at 3 mths

No sheets a lovely set I recieved got wrapped around my son when he started to wiggle and nearly choked him since then only comforters(stiffer).
Funny neather of my sons use oversheets to this day!

Baby uses a blanket for naps when I’m supervising, if not or for nighttime she uses a zippered sleep sack instead.

1 Like

ive always used them but when he was little little it was always a light recieving blanket but now he is one using regular baby blanket

1 Like

A week before he turned 1. Started with naps so I could monitor and then he’s had one ever since

After we stopped swaddling so like a month old. He has his full size soft fleece blankets he loves to sleep with now that he’s to big for his baby blankets

I used blankets with all mine straight away

1 Like

Always had his wubby.

My daughter sleeps in bed with me and she sleeps under the sheets, Blanket and comforter … she’s a month old

5 Likes

I started using them when my kids could roll over

My two year old hates being covered. She likes a pillow tho.

1 Like

Since day one even the hospital had a blanket on him

Birth. I always used them for swaddling, then in the real cold winter here I’d drape it over their laps in the crib. Never had a problem. But I know, its supposed to be a no no smh

We swaddled at infancy, but at about 4-5 months when they started rolling around, we,stopped. We started at about 2 years old again for blankets and 3 years old with pillows. We just did footy pajamas until then when it was cold.

my baby sleeps longer when she is sweating…started at a week or two

I’ve always used them from the beginning. It’s up to you when you want to use them.

Since they were born.

I allowed a blanket when baby was able to roll and crawl. Then they’re pretty self sufficient. Until then, never.

Mine is 3m old (4 on the 9th) and she has a blanket. Has had one since day one. Gasp i know. Only way my baby will sleep. Only way i sleep. (3rd child also)