When can toddlers sleep with blankets?

when you can playfully put a blanket over their head (playing peek a boo or where’s babies name) and their reaction is to pull it off and they do it successfully all the time… not just once. I started with the game, then only nap time and slowly worked my way to night time too. I’d also just use one thin blanket and if you’re worried they are cold but warmer Jammies on them.

1 Like

I’ve let my son sleep with a blanket every night since he was about 4 months. He’s now a year old. Never had an issue. I know they say never ever let them sleep with a blanket and I’ll probably be criticized for it but it’s my kid, my decision :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

All 4 of my boys have slept with a blanket since day one.

6 Likes

From day one. Judge me all you want. But my boys slept better with blankets and a flat pillow.

3 Likes

When they can roll over or move the blanket off their face!!!

1 Like

Mine have been sleeping with blankets since the day they were born…

My baby has always had a blanket from the moment he got out of the incubator… He’s now 6 months old.

since day 1 shes nearly 2

My 3 did since birth :s

All 3 of mine slept with one since day 1.

1 Like

My son has been sleeping with a blanket since we brought him home from the hospital. He always kicked out of the swaddle and loved sleeping with his hands above his head. He’s 16 months now and snuggles a blanket and stuffed animal every night.

1 Like

After about a year, I’d recommend checking the AAP website for the exact information.

Mine had them since they were born

1 Like

I used one for my son anytime I felt it was too cold to go without one. Muslim swaddles are good for using before they learn to roll on their own. Light enough to breathe through even if it were to get near your babies nose and mouth

Swaddled with blankets from birth until they can roll. Sleep sacks until they can crawl. Then back to blankets again.

Just for caution against SIDS, they should sleep with nothing until a year.

1 Like

mine always had a blanket .

Since birth. Use blanket at their waist down.

My babies have always had blankets. But we livin in Minnesota, and -40° is a different kinda cold. Lol

This is news to me about not covering your baby up with a blanket My kids my grandkids and my great-grandkids have always had a favorite blanket ever since they were brought home from the hospital

1 Like

I always covered my babies. Don’t know where all this stuff comes from. You don’t like to sleep without a blanket so why shouldn’t they?