When can you be intimate after giving birth?

When is it the right time to have intercourse after giving birth? Can you do it even after 2 weeks?

6 Likes

Wait the full 6 weeks! You’re healing.

5 Likes

Don’t do it, I did and got an infection so bad I was in the hospital with iv antibiotics for a week and also I waited 4 weeks. Not smart at all. Plus I doubt it could even feel good at that point in the healing process :grimacing:

3 Likes

6 weeks. I myself still wasn’t even healed after 6 weeks.

I say if you feel like it go for it.

1 Like

You’re not “supposed to” until you’re 6 week checkup. I never waited that long with any of my kids though. If you feel comfortable then 2 weeks should be fine.

6 weeks. Unless you feel okay to do before hand.

After c sections I was cleared after 4 weeks each time. Cant speak for vaginal experiences I feel that takes way longer!

2 Likes

Usually six weeks, we couldn’t hold off though😬 had my daughter 1yr and 2wks after having my son. Wouldn’t trade it for the world though.

My first, I got cleared at 6 weeks. My second, 4 weeks. My third, 8 weeks because of extenuating circumstances.
If you absolutely must at 2 weeks, go slow and use condoms.

Most doctors recommend 6 weeks.

1 Like

6 weeks until everything is cleared with your doctor. Everything is still pretty raw and open in there :grimacing: I wouldn’t chance the infection but I know some people don’t wait that long :woman_shrugging: I waited.

1 Like

Listen to your dr! 6 weeks

It’s recommended to wait 6 weeks due to the increased potential of infection as your uterus is essentially one big healing wound post birth. It’s best to get medical clearance first.

18 Likes

6 weeks. Your body needs to heal. And just bc you feel better before 6 weeks, doesn’t mean it’s okay. The 6 weeks is to help heal your insides…

2 Likes

I did 3 weeks after the birth of my son

6 Likes

Waiting 6 weeks is standard recommendation.
Ultimately, longer if you’re not ready. Do what’s best for your body and emotions. Traumatic delivery can take a toll and some women just need more time to heal and that is perfectly okay.
I want to know how so many want to or have the energy to do it so soon because that’s the last thing I want to do after having a baby :joy:

5 Likes

Didnt your doctor give you all this information at discharge?? Mo you cant have sex after 2 weeks

6 weeks. When the bleeding stops and you’re completely healed.

1 Like

5-6 weeks is what I was told. But I waited about 4 weeks with my son. And I think 5 weeks with each of my 2 daughters

The doctor says 6 weeks but its your body so when u feel you are ready!!! If it doesn’t hurt, why not🤷🏻‍♀

No. You have a legitimate gaping wound inside your body, the risk of infection is HUGE. Just because there are people here saying they did and it was fine, doesn’t mean it’s worth the risk.

6 Likes

There’s a dinner plate sized wound in your uterus, wait for your doctor to okay it first. Allow your body to HEAL, infection to that site doesn’t sound like fun and I wouldn’t want to risk that. This goes for c-section births as well.

12 Likes

Doctor should have explained to you that the normal is 6 weeks minimum and you’re extremely extra fertile right after having a baby. So, unless you want another baby in 9 months or an infection, wait for the doctor to ok it.

I couldnt even think about after I gave birth, took me around 8 months, but everyone is different

12 Likes

6 weeks.
It doesn’t matter if Susie Karen and Becky did it 2 weeks after. They recommend 6 weeks for a reason.

11 Likes

It’s not recommended for 6 weeks.

1 Like

My Dr said two weeks with each delivery. My husband was in the hospital room when the Dr was giving the instructions or I would have waited the standard 6 weeks. I was not ready.

1 Like

Father’s Day is 6 weeks after Labor Day

4 Likes

your doctors should tell you. But normally they clear you after 6 weeks.
_
and with my daughter I still had pain until 10 weeks.
With my son, he was maybe 8 weeks, but it still hurt despite no tears.

6 weeks.
You’re still healing any time prior to that.

Get clearance from your doctor first. You have a dinner plate sized wound, having intercourse too soon can create an infection.

I’m saying this in a non judgemental way but this kind of post makes me cringe so bad! The 6 weeks recommended wait is cause your cervix is still open and you can get nasty infections!

13 Likes

Why would you want to? Terribly painful and you’re busy with a newborn

1 Like

Ask your doctor.i can’t believe people can’t figure that out

Your body is in the process of repair. It’s typically 6 weeks, could be longer. You may cause a lot of harm after 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Never ever before 6 weeks. It doesn’t matter how you gave birth… vaginal or c section, stitches or no stitches, if you feel fabulous or not… it’s NEVER before 6 weeks. You have a very large sized wound inside you uterus where the placenta was attached. The size of a large dinner plate. It needs to heal. That’s why doctors say no tampons, no sex, absolutely nothing inserted into the vagina as you can get a very dangerous infection that can hospitalize you for awhile, away from your baby.

Uterus has a hole the size of a dinner plate to heal, from placenta being attached for 9 months! You can get serious infections before 6 weeks post partem check!

1 Like

The outer healing is far from the only healing you need.
Look up what needs to heal internally. You would be amazed.

There is other ways to please each other.

2 Likes

It depends on wether you had a natural or a c-section. Sections take a lot longer to heal from in terms of Stitches as they have to cut through layers of muscle fat and tissue. So the recommendation (in the uk, as was given to me by my doctors) was 6 weeks. But natural birth? I couldn’t tell you.

6 weeks MINIMUM. Like I’m sure your Dr said. It’s not about feeling ready. It’s about the dinner plate sized wound from your placenta coming out of your body.

2 Likes

Damn why would you want to after 2 weeks?

Your supposed to wait 6 wks. You have a large wound inside of you that can get infected.

4 Likes

No one on here has the right to judge anyone else. You died and left y’all to be the judge, jury, and exacutioner

1 Like

Dude your Dr gave u instructions for a reason. Just follow them

8 Likes

6 weeks unl3ss you want an infection

Women do. But you should wait until your 6 week obgyn appointment. You’re open to a lot of infections & complications.

You don’t need to ask a doctor about what to do with your own body. That being said waiting at least 4 weeks and no longer bleeding is ideal

1 Like

6 WEEKS OR MORE. This is a question for your doctors, not Facebook.

1 Like

I did about 2 weeks after my csection

They RECOMMEND you wait 6weeks but you don’t have to. I did after after 4weeks