When can you get your tubes tied after pregnancy?

This you need to discuss with YOUR DOCTOR, not fb.

1 Like

I had mine done the next day.

Right after birth same day ! I did

Before leaving hospital I did

Day after my last daughter was born

I had mine done the following day after I delivered.

I had mine done the day after I gave birth.

Depends on age. I know I had c sections so I did mine right after the pulled my youngest son out. Iā€™m not sure how long after vaginal births.

I got mine right after delivery

Had mine done 8 hrs after my son was mlm born vaginal delivery

I got mine done the day after.

If you are old enough to do it I think after six weeks

Depends on your doctor

I had two csections had my tubes tied the same time second son was born

They told my granddaughter that because she was only 26 and had only 2 children that she couldnā€™t have it done ā€¦

I had mine done the next day

Ask a doctor. Not Facebook!

I have friends who have had theirs tied immediately after the c section

I had Kaiser they blew me off over and over told me I had to sign a release 3 days prior to delivery :woman_shrugging:t3: I went into labor 9 days early, waiver wasnā€™t signed 3 days prior and became an elective procedure horrible service

1 Like

I got mine the second my daughter came out but I had a c-section sooo

As soon as you deliver

You donā€™t know what the future holds for you !

I had a c section and had them done at the same time

1 Like

15 min.after vaginal birth.

The same day after giving birth.

Ask your OB/GYN doctor.

You can get them done at the same time

3 Likes

I had mine done next day after giving birth naturally. 27 years ago. After my second child.

1 Like

When you deliver the baby they can do it right then.

Why do we get medical advice off of FB? Everyone is different. Ask your own doctor.

2 Likes

Had mine done the next day after a vaginal birth.

2 Likes

Had mine the next day.

Who long for vasectomy?

After you give birth

Do it before. Trust me :joy:

As soon as I deliver

1 Like

Might need to fill out insurance papers early. So make sure you talk to your Dr about it at least a month before your due. Or longer

Day after delivery except if it falls on the weekend you have to wait til Monday because they donā€™t always do elective surgery on weekends!

My Dr wouldnā€™t do it so I told him do it or Iā€™ll find o e that will I was only 25 had four kids. He did it. Have daughter in-law had it done got pregnant

I had my son and then I was taking straight to surgery.I didnā€™t have a c-section. Cut my open under belly button left a little scar.We both went home next day no problems for me.

1 Like

I had both my tubes surgically removed about two minutes after my son was born. The doctor then showed them to me. Ha ha. Very long story but if you have a c section they do it when you are open anyway. A lot of times they will do it immediately after a vaginal birth as well. They like doing it at the same time so you can heal from everything at the same time.

Most doctors like to to do it after 29, or if you have multiple children before that age. I was 37 when I had my last child, and the refused to do it, because they werenā€™t sure he would live. So they wanted me to have the option. He is fine, but I was grateful they gave me that option.

Mine were tied the day after I had my youngest. Sheā€™ll be 17 next month. Dr didnā€™t want to. I said ā€œReally!!!, with as many problems as I have carrying kids, do you really think I need to have more???ā€ He agreed to do it the next day while I still had the needle for the epidural still in. I had high blood pressure, water retention, gestational diabetes, and severe pelvic pain.

I tried to have mine done after i had twins nearly 30 years ago, but was in a catholic hospital and they wouldnā€™t do it unless it was life and death. so beware of what hospital you will be going to and what hospital your doctor has priveleges at.

Change of life best thing that ever happened to me. I was fortunate not to have all the hot flashes, sweating, moody, only my ears turned very red and hot but even that wasnā€™t a big thing. No hormones either. Iā€™m a happy camper about all of this.

You have to wait 6 weeks usually. You have to have 2 kids and be older than 21 usually in the US.

3 Likes

When I was 23 I had my second child by C-section and I told my doctor weeks before the C-section that I wanted my tubes tied. He was Catholic and was not too thrilled about doing it said I was too young to make that decision. the day of the surgery I told him again that I wanted my tubes tied. That I was done having children and I didnā€™t want any more than two. He wouldnā€™t do it even though my husband told him it was fine. When I finally hit 30 he said I guess you did know what you wanted do you want me to do a tubalctomy now. I chuckled and said no when I was open on the operating table you should have done it then. He said well Iā€™ll do a vasectomy for your husband for free if he comes into the clinic. Once again I told him no. I said Iā€™m not going to take my husbandā€™s ability to have kids in the future should something happen to me. Iā€™m now 54 and still never got it. Still only have two children. I think doctors need to listen to their patients and do whatā€™s right for them not what they think is right for them. I did tell him he could pay for all the birth control that Iā€™ve had to pay for over the years that wasnā€™t necessary had he done when I asked. Yep you guessed it that never happened. And the reason I never went in for the surgery at 30 was because I didnā€™t want to have another surgery just in case anybody wants to know.

Mine were removed during my c-section two weeks ago but if I had a vaginal birth I would have had to wait 6 weeks

This is a discussion to have with your doctor. Each one is different based on your age, how many pregnancies you have had and health issues.

Had mine done hour after vaginal delivery,they hadta wait until bleeding slowed down,I had my 3 rd child and was 27 yrs. Old

I got my tubes removed 7 weeks after my csection

I got mine tied exactly 6 weeks after having an emergency c section

Mine were done a day or so after I had my baby while I was still in the hospital.

I had my tubes tied 20years ago. My son was born viaC-Section and he did it right then and there :blush:

All these stories im seeing r of people who already had kids but what about the ones, like me, who never want kids and want the procedure to ensure they never have kids?

It depends how old you are? You have to sign papers if your young I had to when I was only 22 years old after my second child was born.

They did my salpinectomy during my c-section. The doctor said Iā€™d already be open on the table so I might as well get it done then and that there was no reason to have to be operated on again after the c-section if I did get it done at the same time so thatā€™s what I did. Iā€™m 30 with 3 kids.

I had mine right after the delivery of my fourth baby

A couple hours after I had my last son!

I had mine tied same day my son was born. I had him naturally.

I got mine tied at the time I had my 3rd child via c-section.

They say you got to wait till your 30 years old which i was 36 right after i had my number 2 daughter they could not deny me like they did with the first one considering the first pregnancy i was on bed rest and had more health issues at the age of 21 than 36. I said tie my tubes its my decision i dont want any more kids. So if your willing to go ahead its your choice not no doctor not no mans choice its yours

I had mine tied the morning after my last child was born.

Iā€™ve known that to take place immediately after delivery.

I had mine down right after delivery cut burn and tied after 3 child. Just arrange it with your doctor

The day after birth. I had mine done, but it was my fourth pregnancy.

I had mine tied at 30 then untied and tied again.

I had my done at 9:00 after giving birth to my 4th at 1 am

After my third child on May 26th 1987 my son was born on May 24th 1987

Why not ask the professional (your doctor)?

The day after if you have natural, if you have c-section than right after baby delivered

My daughter had her done right after she had her daughter

Mine were done immediately after my second C Section.

Right after you deliver I did

I had mine tied right after baby was born. Before I left the hospital!!

Through my bellybutton right after birth

In the hospital next day after vaginal birth . Yes during surgery.

By law in at least washington state if your on state insurance you have to sign a paper wait 30 days and sign again right before the surgery. They wonā€™t touch you before 30 days. I am 23 with 3 kids and that was one of my only options if the iud didnā€™t work

I got mine done8hours after giving birth.

I got mine done day after vaginal birth 20 years ago

Depends on your doctor AND your insurance.

I got mine done the day after I had my son.

Next after having baby I had mine done

The day after delivery

I had mine done twice, no joke

My zu t did it right after the birthā€¦

I got mine the next day

If c-section immediately following birth of child

Talk to your Dr. Every woman is different.

In hospital before coming home after birth