When did you decide to introduce a boyfriend to your children?

He gets introduced until you are ready .

Great job on the boyfriend’s part, he’s a keeper. Wanting to be introduced to the dad

7 Likes

The respect he has is outstanding!!
Have the men meet, then if that goes well have him meet the kids.

4 Likes

I personally think it’s a great idea for your boyfriend to meet your ex husband it would put my mind at ease if I knew my kids are safe with another man around. Do it as a park that way ex and current can have neutral ground and the kids can be preoccupied with play

3 Likes

When you are sure that it is a stable relationship and that it is the person with whom you could last through time.

2 Likes

It depends how you see the relationship… I didn’t wanna introduce my man to my sons until I felt inside myself that I see him in my future… and I wanted to make sure he saw me and my boys in his future … time is nothing when it feels right… no one can tell you when it is right only you can determine the right time…

1 Like

Have a BBQ or a double date!

If you feel like he is your forever then absolutely introduce them! Otherwise take your time untill you feel that feeling, good luck girlie I know that situation isn’t easy at all

1 Like

I agree with him. Smart guy

1 Like

I had a strict 6 month rule. But when my now husband and I started dating I just knew it was different and we ended up introducing each other to our children much sooner than I ever thought I’d be comfortable with. Also really respectful of your boyfriend to ask to be introduced to bio dad, that’s awesome.

4 Likes

I met my current husbands ex wife before I met his kids, it’s a respect thing. It’s just whenever you’re ready, I’m sure he wants to be part of everything but don’t let him rush you.

1 Like

I wanted to meet by boyfriends ex wife before I met their kids, and she agreed. I left when I met the kids up to him until she and I met because I wanted her to be comfortable in knowing me and to let her feel like she had a say with her children. It just hasn’t ever worked out for me to meet her yet, so she gave her blessing on me meeting the kids before her due to conflicting schedules between her and I.

2 Likes

The fact that he wants to meet ur ex husband/the father to ur children is a huge plus! If your comfortable with it than go for it!

5 Likes

Why would he want to meet the children’s dad?

Once you know the relationship is serious and will be long term, then introduce them.

2 Likes

Take him when you all meet to drop and pick them up. Super casual.

2 Likes

All of you meet up in a kids playground or the zoo something like that all you 4 adults need to meet each other and a day out like this with the kids so it’s not too awkward break the ice a bit

1 Like

My boyfriend has never met either of the fathers of my kids. We’ve been together a year in November. He will meet my older twos dad eventually but he doesn’t live around here. He will probably never meet the youngest ones dad even though he’s highly involved in our sons life. He is just the type to not want to meet my current boyfriend and I honestly don’t care if he ever does. It’s whatever to me lol.

I met my husbands daughter on our second date, after talking for three weeks. I knew before I met her he was the one, and apparently he felt pretty confident too. That was 7 years ago. I don’t think there is a time limit.

1 Like

This is good and civil thing to do talk about what co parenting plans yall have

5 Likes

Do you feel like he is going to be your forever? Then yes. If you have dout then no don’t involve the children.

3 Likes

My daughter met my fiancé a few months in. That was 3 years ago. We’re engaged and my daughter now has a sibling on the way.

1 Like

Only if you see a long lasting future with the person. I personally think it takes at least 6-8 months to actually know someone’s intentions.

7 Likes

Wait until you’re certain it’s serious and headed in the direction of commitment. If you’re still figuring things out on whether you want to be together long term then you need to wait. Maybe introduce him to your ex if your ex is ok with that, not not to the kids until you know for sure it’s serious.

2 Likes

the worst part about divorce is when the parents don’t get along with each other and/or new love interests. having to do seperate holidays, birthdays and other special moments sucks and takes away from the kids happiness. meet, get to know each other and even if you find you don’t like each other at all, be determined to be adults and get along for the kids sake. don’t trash talk each other when the kids are anywhere around. your kids will thank you for it one day and you will reap the benefits down the line.

Do you get along with your ex husband and his wife? Do you all 3 put the children first and get along well and co parent well with each other? How long have you been in this relationship with your current boyfriend? Does he get along well with your children? Maybe go somewhere to meet where the 4 adults can talk, get food and the children can play. This is a very good and mature approach if you and your boyfriend are sure about your commitment and a solid, stable future with each other and the children. Does he spend nights at your home? Does he want to live together? Does he wish to marry you eventually? Does he interact well with the children? Does he enjoy them or do they get on his nerves? Ask all of these questions. Test to see if he has a fear of commitment or procrastinates when asked about it. Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

I think he should meet dad first to start things off on the right foot, what a great show of his character to suggest that. As far as when to intro to kids that just needs to be a joint decision, he’s obviously ready to take the next step but If you’re not then just take it slow.

2 Likes

I say give your relationship time to grow before bringing your blended family in!
Just my advice!

2 Likes

Once I thought it was serious then I introduced as a friend for awhile before anything else

2 Likes

my current bf and i had been dating for 3 months til we made it official and then a few days later introduced him to my son! we’ve been together 2.5 years now. not too long after he casually met my son’s father at my sons soccer practice and has met up with him a few times when it’s my sons fathers weekend with my son.

1 Like

You didn’t say how long you have been in this relationship!

My daughter met my partner after a year :slightly_smiling_face: I wanted to be sure

1 Like

6 months? In theory that’s a good plan but who can actually do that? Guess y’all have reliable exes and family to help you a lot

3 Likes

If it feels right…by all means. Use your women instinct. If you feel pressured then you know it’s a BIG no!!! You’ll know it’s the right thing bcz you feel relaxed and easy.

2 Likes

Honestly every situation is different. I have two kids, and introducing them to someone I was dating was something I was always cautious about. My now boyfriend waited 5 months before I introduced them to him. He also met their dad after 6 months.

Hey, I think its kickass that he wants to meet dad first! He’s got my respect

8 Likes

My now husband has seen my exhusband. We have been together almost 14 years and not once had my ex tried to have a conversation with my husband. My ex will not even try to co parent with me and never has. Thank goodness my son will be 18 this year. He will no longer have to feel like he is caught in the middle when it comes to his dad and step mom. I hey both have bad mouthed me to my son since he was seven years old. Its a sad situatuin. My son was the one getting hurt. So if your ex is mature and willing to be a adult and same for the new S.O then yes let them meet. Especially.if he is gonna be involved with your children

It’s different for everyone.
A lot of people start off as friends and they meet the kids before even dating. Which- I like just for the reason of you can see if the kids like them, and how they will be around them.
Some wait 3-6 months or even a year into the relationship. But to me I feel like that’s late and you have already grown attached to the person and if the kids don’t like them you will more then like just go “well they will change their minds” or “they will get over it” and after that long the partner is used to it just being you and them- not kids being around too and might not know how to act with them or maybe even fake liking them.

Haven’t been with boyfriend long enough

I’ve been with my bf for 8 months now and still haven’t introduced my kids. I think we’re gonna last, but I’m not pressuring him to meet them. I told him to tell me when he thinks he’s ready.

1 Like

Right off the bat. How he and my children interacted is what kept him around. Over a year later and he is our biggest supporter emotionally. He is a keeper😍

Only reason my gf got to be around my son is because we’ve known each other 25 years.

I think it’s super noble your boyfriend wants to be introduced to the father, because that is pure respect right there. If I were you guys- I would introduce your children to each other at the same time whenever you both feel comfortable. My boyfriend and I did after only a few months of dating, but we are the primary parent to our children and have accepted them and love them as our own. Trust your gut, he sounds like a good man.

3 Likes

How long have you been with bf?

A few months…:thinking:…not long enough, tell him not right now, watch his reaction, that will tell you alot…you should be the first to bring those issues up when YOUR ready, not him…after a few months…still none of his business unless your desperate…my opinion only, say not now, watch what happens, your answer will come from there if you pay attention…

1 Like

3 months for us. But I’d known him for over 10 years.
It’s now been 4.5 years and we live together and have a son of our own so all together 3 kiddies and hopefully getting married next year

If he’s going to be around children then he should be introduced to their father if the father is involved. It also shows the father respect and may make things much easier for the kids and everyone involved. Easier to be a team then argue. I would say timing deff should be considered like making sure it’s not a fling and that it’s on the rather permanent side. Not good to introduce several different people to children.

1 Like

Honestly for me after I got divorced to my son ex step dad I had no choice on letting my son meet my now fiance honestly and that was within a month because my family didn’t and still don’t help me so yeah and my son real dad ain’t never been in the picture so I got no help

When you know you want them for the long haul.

2 Likes

My daughter met my now husband after 2 months. I knew I was going to be with this man forever but wanted to be sure him and my daughter got along okay, I met his daughter right after, we have now been together almost 4 years and everything is great!

1 Like

6 months or more when you feel it’s serious no need to involve the kids if the relationship isn’t growing

2 Likes

Kids deserve better than a revolving door of mommies and daddies. Wait.

1 Like

First off props to new bf for wanting to meet your kids father first. That shows maturity and is very important. I think if he is pushing and you are ready then have him meet the father first and then the kids.

8 Likes

I waited 4 months before I introduced . then another 3 months of no physical intimacy in front of the chillens

I waited 3 months before my kids met my now husband. But we were serious from the start and knew eventually our relationship was going to end in marriage. Good luck

I have a clear rule no one is introduced to my kids until we’ve been serious, not just dating, for at least 6 months. This is for a couple of reason the biggest one is safety, but you know kids can become attached and if things don’t work out now you have to explain to your kids what happened, additionally, your kids should never meet ever man/woman that you entertain that’s just not a good look.

3 Likes

Meeting at the park with kids playing themselves or dinner just adults. It’s not something kids should be around for in my opinion. It’s a respectful thing to ask for that but I wouldn’t do it until I was comfortable with the idea of introducing him to my kids

I know you mentioned a couple are a little older but maybe introduce him as a friend to see how they get along and go from there. I feel like they’d take it well even if you came out and told them because dad is remarried.

Ask them to lunch and then go do something fun as a big family

1 Like

When you are comfortable with it.

Share the phone number and let them work it out

With my husband he already knew my daughter before we even began dating. We were best friends for a year before we started dating. With the fiancé I had before him again he already knew my daughter because he was my brothers best friend. I had 1 other boyfriend who didn’t know my daughter before we began dating but he met my daughter after 3 months but he met her father before he met her.

If he wants to meet the father than I would have the dad meet the boyfriend first then introduce the kids. I would have a conversation with the older ones first and ask if they want to meet him too.

1 Like

I think it’s important for the two men to meet so there is a bond. I was a dick my son’s dad and I didn’t get along I met my husband 3 years after our split he had already moved on with the woman he cheated on me with. (Who I adore) but I was mad at my ex so I sent my sexy ass man over to drop my son off… they got to meet lol they get along but he left his wife that treated my son like her own. I like his new girl idk how such a jerk can get these great ladies tho. Just gives me more friends lol. (yes my ex and I get along now )

A few months… I would wait longer you don’t know how your relationship is going to turn out…

1 Like

I’d wait. A few months is still new.

I met my fiancé’s kids 10 months in. Met up at an amusement park, had a blast. Good way for kids to feel comfortable without it being awkward, once you get on the rides with them together. But, I’ve made it very clear. Even when we get married, I’m not mom. They have a mom already. For him to request to be introduced as dad feels a little weird, and I would see that as a red flag.

I’m short of words for the amazing profits you helped me earn in just a week. I’m so sorry that I doubted the process Mr Martin Floyd Hodgson reason being because of my past experience so I didn’t know who to trust. I invest $400 and earned $2800 in just one week and I keep on reinvesting, today I’m financially successful. Don’t hesitate to give him a direct message if you’re interested as well.

4 Likes

I introduced my now husband to my kids almost right away. I dated a guy before him and when he finally met my kids he claimed he couldn’t handle how many I had, only 3 kids at the time. So my now husband met them right away because I wanted to make sure the relationship between them would be good. He loved them almost as fast as he loved me. He has been their 2nd daddy for almost 10 years now.

7 Likes

If you feel the time is right, then do it! It’s up to you and when you feel like they should all meet!

1 Like

I would wait to see if this relationship is going to where you want it. My kids never met everyone i ever went out with & i am happy that i did that. I had friends that let their kids met every guy they went out with. Yes most of their relationships lasted about a yr or so, but still…

I waited 2 months only because my sons birthday was coming up and I wanted him to come to Disney with us. Great first day meeting them. I normally would wait 6 months or so. My kids never met most dudes I date. Maybe like 2 in the last 6 years including my now bf but def hold on the kisses and lovey stuff. We waited maybe 7 months to even give eachother a peek on the cheek. It just depends on how sure you are on the relationship and how much you feel you can trust him around your kids

That’s good . 6 months to meet ex . Then integrate slowly till about a year . See where it goes in that time

So introduce him to your ex like he asked. Decide if you see a future with your bf.

Personally I would wait longer before introducing to the kids . Take time . Because it’s not just about you . Rushing into something. Not truly knowing someone. That’s how kids get hurt . A few months is not long enough. Yes it sounds good of the boyfriend wanting to meet the dad. But that in itself doesn’t mean he’s a good person and will be to your kids . Narcissistic men try to play up the good card . I’m just saying be careful. When it comes to your kids . You don’t have to rush . If he can’t be patient. Than you have your answer .

2 Likes

Let him be introduced to the ex first. If I read that right. That’s pretty stand up. Dad to dad. As for the kiddos, wait it out until you know it’s going to be more.

2 Likes

When you’re ready for that parents meet for lunch, have bf and you meet ex and his wife for lunch and say hi.

i waited several months until i thought the time was right and knew we would be together long term. i didn’t let them meet a guy unless i knew we were gonna be together.

I don’t see the harm in introducing him to your ex. These are really good signs he wants to be involved.

3 Likes

I waited 6 months. People show their true colors anywhere from 3 to 4.

Don’t waste anyone’s time unless your absolutely sure it’ll last more than a yera

Mine met my kids right away. He’s been the only steady father figure for 4 years now.

1 Like

We all went to a dinner together to talk about expectations from both sides

I never had a boyfriend only before I had kids. I was married 40 yrs then I divorced and remarried best decision

How long do you date until you introduce a guy to your parents? I think you can do casual stuff after 3 months where he joins you as one if a group of friends at say a party or picnic or bowling with no PDA in front of the children, but MINIMUM of 6 months for anything more.

You want to wait long enough for you to know all his demons and bad points before you introduce him. You have to be past the “honeymoon” phase where he has no faults. I liken it to guys at the beach holding in their stomachs. Eventually they have to exhale & you see them for who they really are. You can never be too careful when it comes to your kids.

Well said Christy…good way to find out if you’re wasting your time with the wrong one…

We introduced our kids (2 his 1 mine) into our relationship about 3 weeks in…moved in together 3 months in…now married almost 7 years…I’ve adopted 1 of his, he adopted mine and we have 1 together

1 Like

Is the relationship going to be permanent or is it a fleeting thing? I understand all the parents wanting to wait, but my theory is that you are a package deal. If you don’t all get along, what’s the use in prolonging the relationship?

He shouldn’t be introduced to your children until you are certain he may be the one. “I’m just dating” boyfriends should not meet your children. There’s no need for them to have a bunch of extra “Uncles.”

7 Likes

I think this should be a discussion you should be having with you’re ex husband if he is the father of you’re children. He has just as much say in this as you and it is a huge step. Good luck! :white_heart:

1 Like

When he became my boyfriend