When did you forward face your child?

Unfortunately most pediatricians and fire stations are not up to date on car seat safety unless they have a cpst. Most state laws are also the minimum. It’s safest and recommended to rear face until the child maxes out the seat. You’ve made it longer than most do so that’s awesome! As far as the kiddos being bunched up… they are way more flexible than us and usually sit in positions similar (or worse) than rf carseat positions when just laying around the house. From my experience, they are actually more comfy rf since their feet arent dangling. It is so much safer and if she hasnt maxed out the seat, there really isnt any reason to switch too soon. As far as what other people think, that’s your baby, and his safety and what you know is best is way more important than anyone else’s opinion. I’d recommend looking up a few videos to see how much safer rf really is before making a decision. :heart:

Mine is 3.5 and 34lbs and will rear face till she maxes out.

Every carseat has a height and weight instruction for positioning. Every state has different laws about this also. Age is usually not a factor. I would ask your pediatricians office If they have your local guidelines or a lot of fire departments offer safe install and will know the regulations.

So i go by im claustrophobic and dont like to be bunched up so the moment their knees start to bend i switch them around.

When she was at the max weight/height. Around 2 also