When did you get your period after birth?

Hi there, ladies After you had your baby,my daughter who was born on April 16th, is now 2 months and I didn’t get my monthly visiter is always before the 15th usually I always get it a few weeks after I gave birth. Now my question is could it be late or could I be expecting :worried: Appt is this Friday. Thanks

7 Likes

If you had unprotected sex, then you could be expecting.

3 Likes

It could be either… but I didn’t get regular periods … until I found out I was pregnant when my daughter was months

She 2 months, I wouldn’t imagine your body has even fully recovered itself.

If your breastfeeding, that COULD be why it hasnt come yet. If you’ve had unprotected sex, that could very well be the cause too. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Are you breastfeeding? That could throw it off. My baby is 8 weeks this Thursday and I haven’t had a period either but I’m exclusively breastfeeding

1 Like

If you had unprotected sex, there’s a damn good possibility that you’re pregnant!

It could be, but my periods went from predictable and easy to an irregular hell. Your body just could be trying to get back to a routine.

My baby is 6 months and still no period, if you’re worried take a test but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re pregnant.

1 Like

My friend has been breastfeeding a whole year(baby is 12 months) and hasnt gotten hers. Yay for breastfeeding!

I didn’t get mine for 3 months after I had my son. I wasn’t bf either.

So you’re telling us you’ve been having unprotected sex… knowing how fertile you are… 🤦 You know that baby you just had… did it not teach you WHERE babies come from and HOW you get pregnant 🤦🤦🤦

7 Likes

I didn’t have one for 10 months after my son was born :breast_feeding:t3:

There are things that can prolong, like breastfeeding… However, if you have had sex you can be pregnant. You are more fertile right now, more than ever.

My second baby was just about 3 months old when I found out I was having my third :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … My third boy is almost 4 months old now and I just got my first period a few days ago. So I guess it could go either way lolol. Goodluck! :slight_smile:

After you had your baby how long did you bleed for? I bled for 6 weeks with my 2nd son then didn’t have a period till 2 months later and mine were always regular. Or if you have got a certain kind of birth control? I got the nexplanon iud after my 3rd child and haven’t had a period since it’s been almost a year

Breastfeeding can throw it off. It may be because you just recently had a baby!

I got my first period when my baby was 3 months old! it could just be different with this baby!

Since it’s so soon I would say you probably aren’t bc there are other factors like hormones if you’re breastfeeding stress etc that can cause your period to be late or not even come so if you’re worried test that’s kinda what they’re there for

If you are breastfeeding your period may come and go like people are saying.

First question did you have unprotected sex… If that answer is yes then you could be…

I’m not breastfeeding and my baby is almost 5 months and I’ve only had 2 periods since giving birth. Also, my periods don’t fall at the same time as they did before giving birth/getting pregnant. A lot of changes come during and after pregnancy. However, if you’ve had unprotected sex, you are absolutely capable of conceiving. Especially in the first weeks/months after giving birth.

If you had sex, then yes, it’s a possibility. If you didn’t, then no, probably not.

It may not be on the same day it used to be…I know it wasn’t after my 3 pregnancies but it is quite possible you could be pregnant again my daughters are 11 months and 2 days apart

My period took 4 months PP to become more regulated. It would be 3 days late, a week late then early even. It’s a matter of circumstance. Breastfeeding could throw it off, plus your baby is only 2 months. You barely got healed aesthetically speaking but not all is normal internally. Give it time. If your concerned really though get a test or go. The doctor for a blood test for the most accurate results. Stay calm and the don’t regard the people being condescending on here. They’re not worth the attention.

Took me a while to work out This wasn’t about the health visitor

1 Like

Pregnancy and babies can change that