When did you get your period after birth?

First time mom. Daughter was born February 4th this year. How long does it take to get a period after child birth?
I still have not had mine. Should I be concerned.

9 Likes

Are you breastfeeding? If so some women don’t get theirs back the whole time they breastfeed. I wasn’t so lucky. I got mine back around 6 months even though I was breastfeeding. Every woman is different though

Its possible. My first daughter was 3 months old when I got pregnant again. Take pregnancy test. Just to be sure one way or another.

I had my 3rd baby in December hes 4 months old now and no period but I’m also breastfeeding so if u are then u usually wont get one until u stop breastfeeding with my other 2 kids I didn’t have one til they were a year old so I wouldn’t worry 2 much even some moms that dont breast feed it takes a while 4 ur body 2 get back into the swing of a normal cycle

I was 6-7 months pp before I had an actual period…

It all depends. Mine came back with all mine at 6 weeks pp while I was ebf.

Mine was born 12/7, breastfeeding, first after was 2/19 some don’t at all with breastfeeding others it is different times. Each person is different. Breastfed all 4 of mine, currently 4th, and was never lucky to not have a period while breastfeeding but maybe you will be :). Last 2 csection.

Took me 10 weeks, I had my daughter January 30th via c section and I am breastfeeding. Everyone is different.

If your breastfeedinf its normal but if not its not normal. I went 8momths wasnt breastfeeding finally made an appointment with my ob and he said it was dangerous to go that long. My lining was super thick and the gave me pills to take gor 7days to make me have a period and i wish i wouldve known and called sooner because it was horrible i legit had to buy adult diapers and i was in alot of pain for the first 2-3days.

I nursed and a normal period began about 3 months after my daughter was born.

Breastfeeding delays it. My son was I think 7months when i got it and my little girl is now 4 months and no period yet

took me over 2 months before I got it again

Are you breastfeeding? I didn’t get mine until 11 months PP due to breastfeeding

That’s my birthday and it depends if ur breastfeeding or not I am and it was 2 and 1/2 months for me

Still haven’t had one and my son is 17 months old. Enjoy it.

Same bday as my little girl

Are you breast feeding. If so that could be the reason

I would say not normal unless your breastfeeding