When did you get your period after having a c-section?

C section, mamas! When did you have your period after your six-week mark?? I’m ten weeks pp on Thursday and haven’t started my period yet, and I’m getting nervous.

3 Likes

Are you breastfeeding? That can delay it. I breastfed all 3 of my kids and it came back at 5 months pp with my first son, 10 months pp with my daughter and 9 months pp with my 2nd son.

I got mine at exactly 4 months pp. I breastfeed

I was breastfeeding and got mine 6 months pp.

I didn’t breastfeed and I didn’t get mine till 12 weeks pp and I had a C-section

I breastfed and didn’t get mine until I stopped ( over a year)

I had a c section on August 13th and I am bottle feeding. I got my first period beginning of October. It really depends if youre breastfeeding or not!

I got mine 3 weeks after & I was breastfeeding.

I breastfed but didn’t get one for 11 months after my csection.

At exactly 6 weeks :upside_down_face:

I was on mine as soon as I left the hospital

2 Likes

I didnt get my period until I was done pumping

Straight away really

Mine never really came back pp my cycle was so off track. I had an ablation and tubal to put my mind at ease.

5.5 months post-partum exclusively breastfeeding

I still haven’t gotten my period, but I’m breastfeeding. Baby boy will be a year old on the 19th.

It can depend in if you’re breast feeding too

I breastfed and it was over a year before I had a period.

1 Like

About a month after.

Just got mine I think lol 2 months pp. Not breastfeeding. I’m on nexplanon which is notorious for lengthy bleeds.

I gotten mine 4&1/2 months

Breastfeeding and it was over a year before i got mine

12 weeks for me. (Non nursing)

I didnt have one for a year after my c section. Everything was back to normal after that.

I did not have mine till 6mo pp

2 weeks for both babies. If you’re breastfeeding, it can delay your period for longer!

My first period overlapped with regular postpartum bleeding, which sucked. I bled for almost 12 weeks straight… but she’s 3.5 months old now and I haven’t had another period yet.

1 Like

csection and breastfeeding… got my first about 9 weeks post partum.

1 Like

Mine overlapped with my post partum bleeding and bled for about 14 days. But I immediately went back on birth control pills and breastfed for only 6 weeks.

I had a section in sep and it took about 12 weeks to get a period…
Everyone is different if your really worried ask your health visitor or call you gp

I know ppl who didn’t get a period for over a year. It started as soon as they stopped breazt feeding.

I was 6 or 7 months. I EBF though

12 weeks. Then. Surprize pregnant again.

Breastfeeding it took until I stopped .

Non breastfeeding 3 months

3 months later with both of my c sections

I had my first c section, 6th birth in July. I always started at 8 weeks with the first 5(I breastfed all of them). This time I still haven’t had one… And it’s been almost 5 months.
But I had my tubes removed so I know I can’t be pregnant.

:woman_shrugging:t2:

I have no idea if this is normal or not after a section or tubal

I got mine at different times. I have had 3 C Sections and 1 natural birth. All my cycles came back after 6 plus weeks

I nursed my daughter for almost 2 yrs and didn’t get a period until she weaned

1 Like

It took about 4 months after my c-section I breastfed for a month so I might of delayed it for a while.

I think about 2 months. It’s a while ago but I remember wondering when will I have my period and then it came.

Mine took 8 months with my first cs and 2 months after my second cs