When did you stop working while pregnant?

Out of curiosity, when did everyone stop working? Currently 35 weeks and still working full time, it’s been a real struggle on my back and feet, but I’m chugging along! lol

6 Likes

Until the day before labor both times. But I had office jobs so I wasn’t on my feet all day or anything

Friday before I had her on Monday.

I worked until I couldn’t. My son came a day early and I worked that Friday and he was born at 8:37pm Saturday night back in September

My job forced me on maternity leave at 36 weeks. Good thing they did because I had my last at 37 weeks exact

Day I found out… I work as a behavioral technician in elementary school im currently 32 weeks

My oldest I worked until Friday before my Saturday induction. My second at 39 weeks and had a scheduled C-section at 39 weeks my third I worked that morning then left to go to the hospital

I went to work Monday and had my baby Thursday lol was in the hospital up until I had him due to complications

37 weeks with my oldest & 34 weeks with my youngest per Dr orders.

My first 4 weeks before, my 2nd 2 days before I went into labour (a week before my c-section was scheduled). My last 3 months before only because we moved back to another town 10 hours drive away.

With my first - 36 weeks as we’d just moved house. With my second 38 weeks but could have gone longer as I’m part time in an office based job x

The day I was induced at 37+2 went in cause my blood pressure was high and they wouldn’t let me leave until my son was born he came at 37+4

1 Like

With my 3rd all the way till the day before I had her. I had to call out of work the day I went into labor lmao. With my 4th I passed off the bosses wife so she fired me a couple months before I was due otherwise I would have done the same thing with him. But if you don’t have to do that I definitely wouldn’t suggest it. Take some time off before birth to be able to sit and relax and sleep when you can.

Worked to 39 weeks with first 3 , but got taken out at 36 weeks with 4 , kept going into labor early

If you’ve made it that far I’d say keep going as long as you can and save all your time off for when you have baby.

I’m a teacher and get no leave time unless I use up all of my sick days. I wanted to use them after my babies were born and not before so I worked up to delivery with both of them

Except for my oldest, I worked until I went into labor. The only reason I didn’t with my oldest is bc my job at the time was cutting hours and going on early leave protected my job lol

1 Like

My 1st I worked until the day before; my 2nd I worked until about 2 week before I was scheduled to induce. I did that because I was having such bad ligament pains I just couldn’t do it

I work in an office so I worked up till the day before I had my son and plan on doing the same with this baby

Worked right up to the Friday before my water broke. Which was a Sunday

I’m a nurse. Went into labor at 9am while working, went down to L&D and he was born at 7:28 pm. Worked until full term with all of mine.

2 Likes

I work up until the day I went into labor! Worked that day, went into labor that night

I left my job in labor. Not kidding. I did not have a strenuous job however.

I worked until I went into labor with both of my pregnancies… that seems to be the norm.

39 weeks
My husband’s coworker worked until the day she gave birth. She walked across the street from her job to the hospital and gave birth lol

Until I went into labor…with all three of my pregnancies.

1 Like

Every one is different. My Dr. took me off two weeks before I went into labor. I asked her to let me work at least another week, but she wasn’t haven’t it :woman_shrugging:t2: I wanted to work right up until I gave birth.

I worked a 12 hour shift 6a-6p and was at the hospital being induced at 8pm I’ma beast!!

I was taken off work at 23 weeks. I had bad back issues and couldn’t stand. Even though they gave me a chair, it was impossible to work sitting down.

1 Like

Till the day I had them , Infact the day I had my oldest I was playing soccer with the day care kids .

I stopped at 7 months with my first and 4 months with my second

I was correction officer and I had my son 2 days after they forced me to go on leave. I never wore a maternity uniform as I only gained 11 pounds. My son was 8-8 so I went down 2 sizes after delivery. I took my full 16 weeks maternity leave.

I stopped working a week before my due date and it was really only because people started worrying I’d give birth at work lol

I worked up until 2days before my due date. Went into labor the day I was due and had her 44hrs later

One job I was off for the summer but was due in Aug worked in schools think I was off still for summer but had to take care of after school started.i had also a 2nd job but I was working up through due date.i was sitting with that one. My second was due in April my 3rd due in july worked till june.school still.

All 5 worked/school until labor but I’ve always had office jobs.

I got taken out of work 2 weeks early for my son and 4 weeks early for my daughter as I had pre eclampsia. They ended up taking her 3 weeks early.

With my son I got off work and went into labor that night I was 38 weeks
With my daughter I actually went into labor while with a patient I was 37 weeks

Everyone is so different. I was really sick both pregnancies for the entire time and both times we bought a house so location played a factor as to me quiting my job. I can tell you though, I would not have been one to be able to work up until I had the baby bc of how sick I got.

1 Like

Worked until I went into labor

The day before with one and the week before with the other

i worked up until 3 days before i gave birth with my 4th child. with my 3rd my dr took me out when i was 6 months bc i was high risk. my 2nd i worked up until 2 weeks before bc i was having gestational diabete complications due to the diabetes going undiagnosed.

One week before but only because I was waitressing and could not move around much anymore

1 Like

Desk jobs, so it was not too bad, though I got enormous both times. I wasn’t a big person but had big babies. First child, took 2 weeks off, but baby was born 3 days into it. Second did work from home 2 weeks, but felt great & went into work one day, then went into labor @ 10 that night.

I really don’t know how women with strenuous jobs do it their third trimester. Y’all are in beast mode for sure!

when I wanted. I quit at 1 place bc they didn’t even offer time off for it, gave 4yrs to them. not worth my, and child’s health, there’s plenty of other places to work

I stop working a month before giving birth. I was induced at 37 weeks so I needed to be mentally prepared

1st 37 weeks 2 days, gave birth 2 days later. 2nd I was due Sept 3rd, went on maternity leave 2nd week of August and had her August 31st. Last I was pissed off and quit October 28th and had him November 10th.

With my 3rd I quit working at 22 weeks was put on home rest at 23 weeks was admitted to the hospital and gave birth at 27 weeks
With my 4th I quit working Nov 30, 23 due to fiancé in a bad accident, taking care of a 2 year old and drove an hour one way for work. Gave birth on Jan 21, 24

I’m going to work until the day I have her.

I just went on maternity last week. My belly is the way n my job is strenuous
I have about 3 weeks left

I worked until 35 weeks, but that’s only because I got really uncomfortable and doctors were worried I was going to burst early so they put me on “bed rest” I didn’t actually have the baby until 39+5 haha

With my 1st it was 13 days before she was born, Second I was actively a SAHM so wasn’t officially working but I was definitely working every day and with 3rd(last) it was 3 days before he was born and that was only because I went to the hospital the day I was suppose to return to work after my weekend.

The day before I went into labor with both my boys

Never was in labor answering phone but I am self employed

the night my water broke, 39+4 :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

I worked up until 36 weeks because I was having health issues and needed a C Section. If that hadn’t happened I would have worked until I couldn’t do my job properly. I was still moving well and could have continued if the doctor hadn’t said you need to go to the hospital now at my obgyn appointment. I think it all depends on your pregnancy and how healthy it is and also what you do for a living.

I tried going into work in labor :woman_shrugging:t2: