When did you transistion your child from a crib to a toddler bed?

My grandson is 15 month s old and he is sleeping in a toddler bed now. He sleeps good he was 14 months when he started

I had this issue 1yr i put in toddler bed and use a child gate for her door

1 Like

We switched when our daughter was 2 1/2. She hadn’t attempted to climb out yet but hit the crib’s height limit of 35”.

Oldest about 2 and youngest about 14m. Oldest was trying to climb in or help youngest out. It was safer to toddler bed her.

Age 2, we skipped the toddler bed and just put her in a full size bed with a bed rail. :slightly_smiling_face:

It depends on the child. My youngest was about 3 & 1/2 or so when she got her toddler bed but her brother was barely 2 and he told me he wanted a big boy bed not a baby bed anymore.

I switched successfully when my little girl was 15 months old

When they could climb out of the crib!

I transitioned to toddler bed around 2 and put a gate on the bedroom door jam and listened with monitor so could hear if she got up.

About 15 months…
We did a split barn style door…kept bottom shut and latched …top open for easy listening

When she started climbing out of the crib on her own.

When your child starts climbing out of the cot it’s a good indicator

When they both started climbing out of their cribs and finding their way to my bed :sweat_smile:

Mine was in a queen size bed at 11m

There’s no time line. When they start to try to climb out and it becomes a safety concern, switch them.

Crib to a twin bed at age 1… for both mine but both mine climbed out around 10 months

First was 17 months. No issues. Second is a wild child and just turned 2… she gonna stay in that crib til she figures out how to get out :laughing:

Age 2 but if the child starts climbing earlier might be better.

2 yrs. But with safety guards thay keep them from rollimg out

We always do this on the 2nd birthday. We make it special and never have had a problem,

First born was 2 and a half, 2nd born 3 years and twins 2years old

When they start trying to crawl out. Usually around 2-3 yo

I did normal bed with a bed guard and a stair gate on her bedroom door

I did at 18 months but I have a big boy

We switched the first time they climbed out

I waited until mine were 2 1/2

When they learned to climb out

18mths I put a gate up at the door

My younger daughter was about 9 months. She climbed everything!!! Lol

Whatever makes you more comfortable. There’s no rule book on parenting 🤷

A few months after he turned 3.

1 yr . went to a toddler bed

1 Like

I’m starting now at 15 months.

13m
16m
15m
In a junior bed with a guard

Between 12 and 18 months

I think my son was close to 2. But i just kinda felt he was ready. But you know your child best. My mom tried to tell me he wasnt ready and to wait till hes like 3 but i didnt listen to her i just knew he was ready and he was. He Didnt get out of bed or leave the room or anything. He was excited to get his new big boy bed

My first two were 4 lol my first was about two when he started jumping out. We had a mattress right next to his bed because we all slept in the same room. One day we lifted the mattress up and it was nap time and he jumped out and bumped his head pretty good. Never tried again we were just lazy on transitioning though because when we would’ve taken it down I found out I was pregnant again and then again. On the last one his brothers kept him from wandering at night.

I’ve just switched my 2nd at two and a half to a toddler bed, he was climbing out the cot so it was a must for safety. Get a gate for the door

1st one: 20 months, 2nd one: 18 months, 3rd one: 14 months (he was climbing out of his crib). We never used a toddler bed. Went to a normal size bed with bed rail

I put a full sized mattress on the floor, made the room completely toddler safe, dark curtains, had safe toys in a cubical storage shelf, & baby gate on door. I woke up to sounds of happy playing every morning🌞

I switched mine when she turned 2

i did it every time they began to walk.

As soon as he began to climb out of it

Hell I’ll keep her there if she doesn’t behave…

Shortly after 2nd birthday.

1 Like

I think mine was 2.5, we said we’d switch when she tried to climb out and she never did. We went on holiday in a caravan and she slept in a single bed with a bedguard and loved her big girl bed (she was getting too tall for her cot too) so we got her a toddler bed and she loves it. She’s 4 now and still doesn’t get out on her own, she shouts for us when she wakes up x

We went from the crib to a full size bed and used these.

Good-day viewers that is reading this article, I want to share to the world how this great man saved me from HIV. I was battling with this terrible and disastrous disease which was so detesting, well on my aid of looking for solution all my effort conceived nothing. I was devastated but one day out of great enthusiasm, I saw this intrigue testimonies about Dr Awase about his herbal medicine. So afterwards, I contacted Dr Awase and I explained myself to him and I obeyed all his instruction without protesting any further. He assured me that all will be fine and that was it. I was totally cured when I used the herbal medicine that was sent to me. It an amazing turn after being free from this Virus. All thanks to Dr Awase. Dr Awase also cures several disease such as DIABETES, PCOS, HERPES (HSV), HEPATITIS B & C CANCER, CHLAMYDIA And many more. I know how it feels to be isolated with such virus. You can contact Dr. Awase on WhatsApp or call +2348168535145 or Email: [email protected]

My little one started to climb into his crib. He did this for a day or two, and then he decided he was ready to climb out. In fear he would seriously injure himself we put him in a toddler bed. He’s 19 months old. He has stayed in the toddler bed without coming out, and sleeps much better. You may have trouble the first few nights, a week tops! Just keep reassuring and laying her down calmly. All about teaching/learning. She will get the hang of it!

You got this Mom! If you are questioning it, probably time to put her in the toddler bed. Best of luck :heart:

I have three kids and they transitioned just after they were 2. Went very smoothly and they were fine. Only one of them figured out how to climb out of the crib so that was not the reason. They really stayed put after bed time. Routine is important. It was the same every night. Best of luck.

My son just turned 2. He hasnt tried to escape yet, but i decided to transition him before he tries. He’s been sleeping in a toddler bed at his dads when he’s there for a few week now. Only difference is I have stairs and he doesn’t. So I plan to put a gate across his room door.

until they climb out and it’s potentionally a harm to them don’t transition yet. i did a little after she turned two and started to climb out more than once and i put a toddler rail on her bed to avoid her falling out. she’s done fine the past 6 months in jt

My youngest was a year in a half my second was 1 he climbing out his crib and I was afraid he was gonna fall out so we broke down his crib and turned it into a toddler bed. My daughter the oldest out of three was around the same age 1 1/2 - 2 years old she would climb out also and at the time my oldest son was staying with us and had to share a room with her she would climb out or call for him to wake up and get her out and then she would come in our room.

My little guy is almost 3 and doesn’t try to escape his bed. I’m going to wait until he tries to get out and then transition him to a toddler bed.

1 Like

My first was just under two and would climb out. My second is 3.5 and we just did it because I felt like he was getting old enough to.

As soon as my kids could walk they were out of cribs. As for your worry you’ll never stop worrying so either get over it or be a helicopter parent

When he became Houdini and climbed out 13 months

That all depends on the child, when mine climbed out I put them in a bed.

My daughter is 1.5 yrs old and she is in a big girl bed just moved here there this month

My little boy was two
when I transitioned I put a bed side up so he couldn’t fall out now he 5 xxxx

As soon they started climbing out. The danger you feel is real, I would start the transition, it will not be long.

By 2 when they start climbing out

My son was 3. He loved his crib. He would probably still be in it if we didnt have his sister :rofl:. My daughter was 3.5. She didnt want a bed, she also LOVED her crib, we put her in a bed.

2 Likes

I had the same fear. Except my daughter was super tall so I switched her into a day bed around 2 and put a guard rail up and she wouldn’t stop trying to come out of her room. (She could open doors) ill admit the first night I was exhausted and she just wouldn’t stop. I put vasiline on her door handle lol and then the next day went and got a baby gate for her room door. I put that up and took out any toys she could use to climb out past the gate. She learned to open said gate so I taped it shut now. I’ve had no issues. Her door stays open incase she needs me, she has a video monitor and now she’s in a twin bed with a rail and shes 2 and a half.

When my toddler at 16 months fell out of the crib several times. That was even with trying the rail down. Once she started walking there was no stopping her.

We moved our son out of his pack and play when he turned one. We just shut his door at night and put a baby gate up outside his door. We just put him in a twin mattress on the floor until he was able to sleep in bed without rolling out. Once he could open door we put a child lock handle cover over the handle on his side so he doesnt get out

If your kid can climb on and off stuff, then you can go to a toddler bed. The bed is suppose to have those side rail things so they dont fall out of their bed anyways while they’re sleeping. But if you have a bigger budget, I would just switch to a twin bed, but it would cost more because you would have to buy the bed rails, the new mattress size, the new sized sheets and blanket, etc. But with a toddler bed, you can use the crib mattress and keep everything the same size. And the toddler bed itself is less expensive.

When they were too big for cots. We put the safety gate in the doorway so they didn’t leave the room. Then later turned the door handle upside down. That worked really well. Can put potty in the room during the night.

Child safe gate for a toddler bed in the opening of the door…the kind that screw in The walls. Some toys in The room, maybe a soothing radio on classical music…works wonders…best of luck

My 3.5 year old literally has not tried to climb out or nothing honestly she’ll probably be 20 before she gets out lol but seriously whenever you feel comfortable don’t let anyone tell you what you have to or not have to do it’s your choice. Mine I’ll move when I’m ready to have her up at the ass crack of dawn lol :joy: to each his own

1 Like

Lol literally last night. She’s two and a half and hasn’t tried to escape til last night. Got out 3 times and we decided to go ahead and swap then. Took 3 times of laying her back down before she stayed in it. This morning I asked her how she liked it and she said she liked her new bed. :purple_heart::crossed_fingers:t2: Hopefully she keeps liking it!

18 months He was constantly climbing out of his crib at that age. I had to put a door knob cover inside of his room so he couldn’t get out in the middle of the night and put a baby monitor in there so I could hear him when he got up

My 2 older kids slept in my room in sepret play pins till they were almost 2 & went straight to toddler beds i can tell me kids to night to go to bed & they know where bed is at

When she climbed out and got wedged between the crib and wall upside down, boy did she scream. 18 mos.

Converted the crib at about 2-2.5 into a toddler bed, then switched to a twin bed at about 3.

Put a bell on her door

Just switched my 20 month old 4 nights ago! Except sometimes she wants to go sleep in her ball pit🤣