When did your baby start climbing out of their crib?

When did you babies start climbing out of their crib? My son will be 2 the end of November and I’m worried he will try soon. He’s been getting brave about climbing on and off things. I caught him trying to get from his high chair seat to the counter top yesterday

6 Likes

About a year old the first time then nothing and then around 16 months

You should definitely think about getting bed with safety bar he will definitely try to get out very soon

1 Like

My first was like 16 months. My second was sometime in the last four month since her second birthday. I’m not positive since we switched her when we moved but she climbs in and out of the crib which my ten month old is now using. Every kid is different and sometimes they’ll climb crazy things and not even think to try climbing out of their bed. That’s how my two year old was. We were shocked she still wasn’t climbing out by the time we switched her over.

12-18 months with all of mine

My daughter has one of these tents for her 2yr son. Your toddler will never climb out.

Mine was 9 months. He probably can already do it but gets back in also at 2.

I have a daycare kid that does it she’s 16m

Mine is almost 3 years old and would probably still be sleeping in her crib if I let her :sob: I transitioned her out around 18 months when we moved to a different house and she was fine with the switch but she isn’t a climber at all and she loves sleeping in tight spaces. She will often fall asleep on her own in the small space between my bed and the wall.

At 14 months my daughter had a twin platform mattress on the floor and a gate at her door. L

Oh he will b doing it soon mine was 2

18 months and we switched to a toddler bed that night.

Around 2. Then we switched to a toddler bed

time to move to a child / toddler bed

12 - 15 months then left the side rails down and a small mattress for a landing pad.

1 Like

Why on earth is he still in a crib at 2 years old?

My boys(3 of them) never climbed out of the crib.

My oldest never did. My youngest was climbing out before she was 18 months. Lol

Mine started really early at 14 months. She’s always been super wild lol so we switched her to a twin bed at 15 months

My son just turned three and has never tried. He loves to climb on top of things but has never tried with his crib. Still sleeps in it every night it’s his safe space

1 Like

my son started trying a little before one n finally got out at 1

1 Like

My son was 18 months when his little sister was born. He could scale in and out of her cot holding toys…

Mine as soon as they learned to stand up and walk a little bit

I would say the first time they attempt it lol

Mine will be 2 in December and has been climbing out of her bed for like 4 months now.

Early, mine started pulling up at 4 months, trying to climb out at about 7 months.
My two boys started walking at 10 months and my daughter started walking at 11 months.

My first was 1 and at 2 she would drag a chair over to the crib and climb in to get her sister out. Scary times. I kept the crib rail down so if she fell it wouldn’t be as far to fall. Transitioned them to a queen bed in a room they shared at 1 and 3.