When did your child start sleeping through the night?

1st was 3 months 2nd is almost 3 months and sleeps through the night every couple nights

My daughter is visually impaired and I always thought sheā€™d have issues with sleeping through the night but to my surprise she has slept through the night since she was an infant we usually set a routine and she follows it as for my son heā€™s a year and a half and he still wakes up in the middle of the night it just depends how exhausted & tired he is where he will sleep through the whole night it varies for kids but I believe setting a good routine with nap time during the day, how long you let them nap and what time you lay them down for them to acknowledge itā€™s time to go to sleep then they will understand

Almost 2 and still wondering when thatā€™ll happen :joy:

2 Likes

First one birth to 4 months then put him in his own room maybe would wake up once to eat he was a great sleeper second he was 3 before he slept thru the night third one is 2 and she still wakes during the night sometimes once sometimes alot ā€¦other times she sleeps a few hours and then we are up

Kid #1 2 months
Kid #2 4.5 years

My daughter is 2.5 and sometimes still doesnt sleep through the night :tired_face:

My daughter is almost 2 months old and just started sleeping in 7 hour stretches at night. Weā€™ve been doing day/night training since the day we brought her home (keeping it dark and quiet at night and bright and noisier during the day). I donā€™t know if that had anything to do with it but Iā€™m very happy that sheā€™s a good sleeper so far!

L.o is 6 and is still not sleeping through.

My son started sleeping through the night at 13m currently 15m and has both molars and an incisor coming in all at once so sleep is kinda interrupted atm.

Never. Heā€™s almost 6 years old.

All 5 of my boys started sleeping through the night between 6 and 8 weeks.

Both kids at 2 months.

All three were different. 7 weeks, 2 years, and 11 months.

The middle one is still a crummy sleeper at almost 7 unless we break down and give melatonin.

My son around 6(heā€™s 10 now)ā€¦my daughter is 5 and still wakes up at least once every night

I got lucky with both my girls they were both under a year old

4 months due to reading the book Baby Wise :blush:

My daughter just turned 2 this month. She has a routine every night. She has to get her bath. Get jammies on the put cloud babies show on turn off the lights and cover her up and has to have a sippy of milk. She goes right to sleep and sleeps til 6 a.mā€¦ Crawls into my bed and falls back to sleep. She never takes naps. She refuses them.

Wait they sleep through the nightā€¦ My are 12, 9 & 1ā€¦ Someoneā€™s always up at least onceā€¦

My son was up every 2 hrs till he was almost 2 (you could set your alarm clock to it), then the universe sent me my daughter who slept through the night from the day she was born.

18 months and still waking upā€‹:sob::sob:

My daughter just turned 1 and she started sleeping through the night around 10 or 11 months

15-18 months but still has sperts where he wont. All 3 of mine were different tho

Soon as they were born I guess basically

My daughter is 10 months old and still doesnā€™t always sleep through the night. Some nights she does and some nights she doesnā€™t.

He hit what a lot of doctors seem to consider ā€œsleeping throughā€ (6-8hr) around 2mo, didnā€™t actually (imo) sleep through 'til about 4 1/2 mo.

Sleep regressions would have him wake up and whine a little after that, but I havenā€™t had to get up with him since then. Usually heā€™ll just fuss a little and then go back to sleep.

Mine is 8 months soon to be 9 months. He has his nights still where he wakes up at least once for a baba. Tosses n turns but mostly sleeps now. Took this long lol

My kids are 2 and newly 4 and still donā€™t sleep through the night

1 Like

They sleep through the night? Lol mine are 8 years and 5 years ā€¦ Iā€™ll let you know when/if it stops :joy::joy:šŸ’

1 Like

My 1st 2 were between 6 months and a year but my 3rd was about 18 months.

My daughter slept through the night since she was 1 month old, my son took him till he was 6 months.

My son was almost 15monthsā€¦ but my daughters 6 weeks and only gets up 1-2 times. My sons in his own room now, he still every once in a while will get up one time, but after he says his initial ā€œHEY!!!ā€ and realizes that we are all in our beds he normally will just lay back down and go to sleep.

šŸ¤· that would be Daddyā€™s department. I work 3rd so bless that man for all those late night feedings and diaper changes :sparkling_heart: To this day I often come home and find at least one kid (7 and about to be 3) curled up with him so Iā€™m guessing they still get up a lot.

Lol my son is 3 and still wakes up some nights lol. It was well after 1 year he did sleep all night.

First 2 by 6 weeks old, my youngest (7weeks) still wakes up 2-3 times a night

My daughter was like a year and half

A little after 1yr, once teething is over for a while.

Ahh both kids started around a little over a month and a half old

around 10 weeks. everyone hates me in my family :joy: i didnā€™t sleep train or anything, he was just a big baby who liked to sleep. ā€œall nightā€ for us was like 11:00p-6:00a then a quick snack and back to sleep till. 8 or 9. but he didnā€™t nap great during the day.

My 1st and 3rd were about 3 months old (very good sleepers) but my 2nd was 18 months.

My son didnā€™t sleep through the night til about a year and a half. I have to give him food within an hour before bed or he wakes up early and super hungry/cranky. Another boy in my fam started sleeping through at 6/7mo though :woman_shrugging:

7 of my kids since day dot but my number 8 is giving me hell 2yrs and still waiting for a full night sleep and my boobs to be mine again yep I dream big :rofl:

I was waking him for feedings until 4 weeks. 4-6 weeks he woke up once a night to eat. Then he was sleeping 8 hours without eating. Now hes been sleeping 11 hours at night without eating since 10 weeks.

My 6 week old sleeps thru the night and wakes up when her dad goes to work at 5:30 ish. So blessed. I hope Iā€™m not jinxing myslef.

Lmao my sons 6 and still doesnā€™t

2 Likes

My first one was 3 months old. My second one was about 1. And my third was over 2.

Both my kids 2 months old

My daughter started sleeping 12 hours a night around 6 weeks (formula feeding) my son would wake up 1-2x/night until he was about 9 months old (breast fed)

My oldest started at 5 weeks my youngest started at 6 months each kid is different

First: 11 weeks
Second: 7 weeks
Third: 3 weeks (we will see what teething brings tho :crossed_fingers:)

My daughter is 3 and she has slept thru the night only twice :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Roughly 6 months. He did kinda before that but usually heā€™d wake up once for a bottle then back to sleep. Occasionally he wakes up in the middle of the night but he gets his snuggles then back in the crib

Well sheā€™s almost 7ā€¦ and if i dont keep her up until 9-10 she probably still wouldnt

1st thru the night at 2months old.
2nd thru the night at 6weeks old.

8 weeks old and still going strong at five months. Weā€™ve had a couple of wakes in the night during this time. I tried to start a loose routine for bedtime. Wind down and lower lighting and story and lullabies

That must be nice. And I donā€™t mean that in any way to disrespect or be a hater. I mean it. I havenā€™t experienced it yet. I know I will so for now Iā€™ll enjoy the exhaustion :laughing::joy:
Rest up mommyā€™s we have a big responsibility.

My son is about to be one and still wakes up at least 1x to eat at night. Heā€™s a premie. Iā€™m ok with it, but some days this mom is very tired. :joy:

2 Likes

My son is one and abit he sleeps mostly but does still wake for food he was a, prem baby but he didnā€™t start sleeping better until 7 months before than he was sleeping ten mins a night so Iā€™m happy heā€™s sleeping much better as I was always exhausted

These comments made me feel weird :rofl: mine is 2,5 and still waking up at least 2-3 times a night

My son turned one and it was like a switch flipped, and he started sleeping 12/13 hours a night. Itā€™s been glorious lol

My daughter was 3 weeks old when she started sleeping all night.

Both of my kids were a few months old.

My son didnā€™t start sleeping through the night until 1year and 7 months
And oh doesnt it feel great when they start sleeping all night

But during teething time iv had the hardest time staying asleep because of all his pain

I remember getting up in the middle of the night with my 21 month old son, while my 2 week old daughter slept through the night (and continued to). It was different with each of my 5 kids. My oldest was the oldest to get up at night, and it lasted until about 2 years old.

Never. Heā€™s 4 now :woman_shrugging:

Depends on the method of feeding. Bottled babies sleep much better than breastfed babies.

Both my kids were almost 2 years old before they completely slept through the night. Iā€™m super jealous of everyone saying anything less than 6months though. I went almost 4 straight years being sleep deprived because my oldest was just starting to sleep through the night when I gave birth to my second.