When do babies hold their own bottle?

Hey ladies! I have a question. I have a 9 month old son. He will NOT hold his own bottle. He will scream until I need him. I even let him play with it when he’s not super hungry to see if he will get the hang of things. Did anyone else experience a “late bottle holder?” He’s my only child and is seems to me my nieces and nephews were holding their own bottle by now lol

Thanks for your input!

7 Likes

My son didn’t until I would drop it and he would grab it

My son will not hold his own bottle but he will hold a sippy cup. So I started putting his milk in it. For the most part its ok but he needs to learn how to tilt it to actually get some milk lol. Hes almost 7 months

Mom cant hold bottle for him? He’s probably not taking that many now.

This is my post . Thank you to all the ladies who have written actual great advice. To the ones telling me to "embrace those moments " I did not write this because I am frustrated and want these moments to be over. I love feeding my son,it’s one of our main bonding times. However I am a first time mama and I wasn’t quite sure if there was a proper age when he should be holding his own bottle. I have recieved some wonderful advice and will be trying different ways. Thanks to the girls who offered real advice. Also to the ones saying he’s too old to be on a bottle,he’s not. My health nurse had advised he be on the bottle until a year old. After that we will throw them away. He was also born a month early.

He has no problem holding or throwing or even drinking out of a sippy cup. The ones with or without handles. He drinks out of them no problem . It’s just the baba. I’m pretty sure he’s just lazy lol

3 Likes

mines one and still wont but he is just being lazy i lay it down he will hold it

Maybe he just enjoys being held while having his bottle.It is quite soothing, and relaxing. He enjoys being loved.
GOD BLESS.