When do kids stop napping?

Does anyone else’s LO not nap during the day? I try to be grateful because she is a good night sleeper (she’s 3 months old). She goes down usually by 8:30-9:00 and sleeps until around 5am, eats, then sleeps again until 9 am. But that being said, she never naps during the day. And if she does, it’s only for 20 mins at the most and she usually won’t at all unless it’s a contact nap. Is this normal? Should she be napping more for her development?

4 Likes

She should be sleeping a lil more during the day out of my experience with all of my kids. Try a swing or even a warm wash cloth wipe down

When my daughter was that age she was the same exact way. Occasionally she would nap in her swing for a little bit, but she’s always hated naps. She’s 2 now, only naps on car rides, and sleeps 12-13 hours a night. It’s tough, just keep trying the naps and appreciate all the sleep you get at night!

Every child is different. My son didn’t sleep during the day much after 3 months. Then I found if I did let him sleep during the day, we were up until 2-3am. Each will guide you as to what their individual sleep needs are. This is their world and we are just lucky to live in it and love them. Patience, Dear. It will all sort itself out.

All kids are didferent and some need less sleep .been thru this with my kids and grandkids now my greatgrand daughter

I only wish my son would sleep like that he is up ever 3 hrs to eat and sleeps all day otherwise and up all night nicu life got him all messed up

My second was a cat napper and didn’t sleep through the night until she was one… UGH.
She is now a high honors student, sleeps through the night and takes good naps :joy:

I’m lucky, my daughter is 7 months and still takes 2-3 naps a day for an hour each (sometimes longer) and sleeps through the night (9-7:30) but she’s been teething and growing, before she would nap once maybe twice for an hour at most but still slept through the night

Thats how my daughter is. She is 4 1/2 months old!

My oldest was like that

Put her in a swing for her naps. She needs to have atleast 2 long naps