When do you get your period after birth?

Hello Mommies!!
Im 5 weeks postpartum i bled till 4 weeks and i havent started a period could it be possible to have had my period already and not know it because on my 4th week of postpartum i was just spotting here and there nothing heavy like right after i had mt daughter. I already had my 4 week check up everything was good my OBGYN gave me the ok for sex and to go back to my physical activity. Me and my husband have had sex twice after i got the ok but we used condoms. But im wondering has anyone else experienced this? I get my Mirena birth control soon and i know once i get that i might or might not get periods.?

5 Likes

I didn’t get my period for 10 months after… But I was breast feeding 🤷

1 Like

Most women don’t get a normal period until 6-8 weeks postpartum. So no, that was most likely not a period.

1 Like

I didnt get mine usually till 5 or 6 weeks after all my pregnancies…4 live birth, 1 stillbirth and 2 miscarriages.

1 Like

It takes 6 weeks for your stuff to heal up down there and fully close up. So definitely not sure why your dr said okay at 4 weeks. But some people really don’t get their periods for a LONG time afterward.

Typically anything up go 8-10 weeks after birth can be considered pp bleeding. But it very well could be your period.

2 Likes

It varies… Depends if you’re breastfeeding too. I didn’t get mine back until a month after I stopped breastfeeding this last time, which was around 4 month pp!

1 Like

I got 2 periods and then nothing for 9months and then another 3 periods then nothing for 2. It takes awhile to get normal periods together

1 Like

I didn’t get my period till a year after giving birth.

1 Like

I had postpartum bleeding for quite a while. It had pretty much stopped for about 5 days and then I realized I was having my first period. So it’s possible you might have just not noticed it was a period. :woman_shrugging:t2: