When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

I’m looking for advice/opinions. My periods are always regular. They have been at the same time every month up until last month. Last month I was early. This month I’m late. I’ve taken multiple pregnancy test and they’re all negative. Could it just be too early to test?

3 Likes

Could be stress, could be age and hormones so many things can cause periods to change…but morning time is the best time to take a test and yes, it could be just early.

2 Likes

If its negative I would wait one week and test again…don’t waste money buying new one every couple days. I’m on 5th baby now and this is what I learned. Wait a week between is what I do

Call your dr for a blood test.

Your body changes periods change could just be changing.

I had this same problem last month. I’ve been late 3 times my whole life and they are 7, 5 and 1 so when I was late thats the 1st thing I did was test. I was 7 days late and I checked over 10 times to make sure I got the date correct for my period. BUT considering I have mild hot flashes I’m pretty sure I have a “great” 10+ years ahead of me

Have your thyroid checked

Dollar Store pregnancy tests told me I was pregnant first day missed period everytime. Just find a test that reads lower HCG levels or go to the doctor.

You can take one 2 weeks after your missed period, but I’d do 3 just incase because if you are pregnant it may be too early for your test to show up positive only 2 weeks after your missed period

I tested positive at 4 weeks without a missed period with my twins, but didnt test positive til 8 weeks with my oldest son. You may need blood work done to confirm because a missed/late period could be due to stress or other lifestyle changes.

Usually 6 days after your first missed period is the earliest detectable stage. Give it a week or two then test

There are so many variables call your OB/GYN and make an appointment. Some lab work may tell you more. Mine were like clockwork too unless I was pregnant and then hit menopause

The first pee of the AM would have the highest concentration of HCG if you are pregnant

Usually first morning pee.