When should a newborns poop turn hard?

At what week/month should a newborns poop turn to hard? I know they go through the stage of the tar looking poop, then mustard seedy, then watery, and then hard poop. When has this happen for your babies?

8 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/when-should-a-newborns-poop-turn-hard/20596

Not until there on food xx

1 Like

Are they formula fed or breast fed? because they have different poops as well

3 Likes

Depends. Poop is going to be different for each person, but it also makes a difference if you’re nursing or formula feeding. Mustardy/seedy poops are the norm for breastfed babies for a while. Their poop really shouldn’t be hard; that’s a sign of something being off in their gut.

Could be dehydration. Speak to a doctor if you’re concerned

Generally speaking an infant should not have fully formed stool. It should continue being a paste type consistency until they’re on solid foods.

4 Likes

My baby didn’t have hard poop until we started giving her solids

Not until solids are introduced

Not until solids are introduced, even then they are still pretty much mush.

3 Likes

Sometime after they start solids. 6 to 12 mo

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14368… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://LifeStyle282.pages.dev

Adults poop should not be “hard.” Baby poop will not become more solid until they begin to eat solid foods unless they are constipated which isn’t a good thing.

Can’t have solid poops without solids. Well unless baby is constipated of course

1 Like

Investing with Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve has been so profitable and I would love to recommend him to everyone who is interested in boosting up their financial situation. Nothing beats a debt free life, all thanks to Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve for a successful trade.
He’s simply the best at what he does.
Click on the link below to contact Mrs meltem demirore
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Breastfed babies, it gets to be less often but isn’t solid until they’re eating a decent amount of solid food.

About the time they start eating solids

It shouldn’t for a newborn. At 6 months + after solids are started is when it is more solid.

when they are eating food.

Solid food = solid poop

This is how a newborn’s poop is supposed to look.