When should I get my babies ears pierced?

We get them done as soon as the umbilical stump falls off in my family :joy:

I wouldn’t wait much longer.

My daughter was almost 4mo and she hasn’t had any issues. She’ll be 8 in may

My mom had mine done @3months .

I got my daughter’s done at 6 months. She has the option to wear them or not.

No. There is no reason you ever need to get your infants ears pierced until they ask for it to be done. Those holes don’t always close and they often end up lopsided

3 Likes

When she can ask for them, and help take care of them. 🫶🏼

10 Likes

I waited until my girls asked me.

When they ask for it.

Life is literally a lesson for our children. Teaching them body atonomy keeps them safe. We teach stuff like that by example

5 Likes

Your the mom you decide . I never did my girls as babies

When they are old enough to decide they want them done

1 Like

I have 2 daughters. My oldest asked for hers done at 6. I will always say, when they are old enough to consent to it.

I got my baby’s done after her first set of shots. I think she was 2 months and we haven’t had any issues. She barely cried she let me clean them and twist them at night in the bath and she hasn’t messed with them. I also have a 14 year old and hers were done at a few weeks old and she does not hate or resent me because I chose to have her ears done :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: so y’all don’t come for me. To each their own and this is just MY story :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I got all 4 of my daughters done around the 6 month mark. 2 of my girls wear earrings and the other two are a here and there wearer, not one of them have questioned when they got them done or why so little etc.

What?!

Unless it’s cultural or religious. Wait until she can consent to you putting holes in her!

2 Likes

I waited until my girls asked for their ears to be pierced.

When you are ready I did my daughters at 8 weeks didn’t even cry and never got infected as she didn’t touch her ears . I got mine done at 5 it was a night nar but that was 30 years ago then got another set in my teens .

Imo you should wait until she’s old enough to agree to do it.

Wait until the child can ask to get them done and keep the ear lobe clean themselves

When she’s old enough to consent.

A few girls end up not wanting them pierced Id wait. But this is a small chance.

When she says “Mom, I want my ears pierced”.

Both of my daughters were less than 3 months old. Now they are adults and not once did I regret it.

I got my oldest done when she was 1 but waited for my other and she wished I had gotten hers done as a baby

Do it when ever you feel it’s right not when people tell you to or that’s it’s wrong blah blah… its not their child most of us had ours done ad babies or young never did us harm… your choice no one else’s xx

I got my daughters at 2. Her choice. Told her she could get them once she gives up the bottle. One day she threw it in the bin. Took her to get them done. And never looked back

Butttt. They pierced with a smaller gauge which will be an issue later on

My daughter was 9 months, no issues and she’s 13 now.

I did my first daughters at 6 months and my second at 6 weeks
You do you!

My personal opinion on it aside:
She’s too old now to do it without her messing with it.
Either very young or old enough to take care of it.
At this point I’d wait until she was 6 or so.

My first daughter was 3, but she wanted to get them pierced so badly after seeing mine and her gmas have pretty earrings. My other one is 3 now and doesn’t want it yet. Just let them.choose

It’s better to wait because them babies still be settling like a house

I personally waited until my daughter told me she wanted them done. I believe she was 5 at the time. It was an awsome day we went out to eat. While my husband had our other Kids. She had a blast. I do suggest when you get it done. Consider using a tattoo or professional piercing place. Not Clare’s that uses those guns.

When she can ask for it to be done

I was forced as a baby to get my ears pierced I didn’t like them and kept trying to take them out then they closed and my father forced me to do them again. I know have so many issues with my ears. Please wait till they are old enough to ask for them. I wish we could put an age limit on piercings. And please do not go somewhere that uses a gun.

When she’s old enough to ask for it, understand what it is, and take care of them herself.

Why are we piercing ears but not circumcising?

Consent is consent.

I did it at 2 months to avoid he pulling at them

3 months is perfectly fine

Whatever you decide to do, please take her to a tattoo shop. They are sterile and know what they are doing. I’ve had employees at Claire’s say they were shown twice how to do it and that’s it.

I waited until my daughter was old enough to decide if she wanted them or not. She was 6 when she told me she wanted to get them done.

2 Likes

When he/she asks for them to be pierced. I HATE that my ears are pierced. I wouldn’t have ever chosen that for myself. His/her body, his/her choice…

Mine was 4 years old and asked because her friends in preschool had them.

I didn’t get to choose. I wanted to wait until she could decide but my parents thought they knew better and went and got her ears pierced when she was about 6 months after I told them no

Maybe let her decide if she wants her own ears pierced when she’s old enough

Im waiting for her to ask when she ready.

I wouldn’t :heartbeat: gonna be uncomfortable for sleep. For get and if you do. Please do a needle piercing or bot a piercing gun. Alot less trauma to the ear.

When she asks. It’s not our body to be making cosmetic choices for. If you want a piercing then go get one yourself.

I wanted to do my daughters at 2 months but my husband wanted to wait for her 2nd birthday. So we got them done on her 2nd birthday and she’s never had an issue with them and she never messed with them

Ignore all the mom’s saying “when they ask for them” I’m sorry but I hate that shit. Now is the perfect time. My daughters were about 5 months when I did it. As they get older they get squirmy so it’s hard to line up the dots. Now or very soon is the best time! Good luck.

51 Likes

Our physician said the younger they are the less likely they are to get infected, as an infant won’t touch them.

5 Likes

My girls got theirs done when they were old enough to decide they wanted them.

As someone that was a piercer - Things to know:

It is best to wait until they’ve have had their vaccines (rubella, mumps, polio, etc) and to hit at least 6 months old.

Use the surgical steel type - they’re not “as pretty” but they are the safest for your infant, and cheaper (up front and in the long run if your kid ends up being surprise! allergic to the other metals - which is WAY more common than people think.)

9 out of 10 infants pierced usually have the original holes move away from the center of the lobe as they grow.
Why? Bc your ears grow with you. Waiting until they’re older keeps this off the table.

Don’t Pierce your kid bc “now other people know they’re a girl.” I pierced boys in both ears just as much as girls per the parents requests. Trust me: a dress works better - and either way: who gad what strangers think? You know the gender of your infant. Smile and let it go like water off a ducks back.

Do NOT go to Claire’s or The Icing or chain stores like that. Go to a professional place. It is a FACT the hand needle method is LESS PAINFUL than the gun method. Trust me: you’re doing them a favor.

1 Like

When SHE decides she wants them. I Don’t understand why it’s the parents right to decide if she wants holes in her ears
Surely it’s an Individuals choice. But hey maybe I’m old school…

3 Likes

No way. I thought this country was all about “my body, my choice” you doing something to someone else’s body without their permission is wrong.

1 Like

No cosmetic body modifications should be done to anyone without their explicit and informed consent.

1 Like

When they’re old enough to ask for them :woman_shrugging:t3:

13 Likes

My mother got ears pierced 13 times (starting at 1). I would never keep them in long enough. I’m 37 now with no ear piercings. lol

1 Like

When she asks. Taking that choice away from her is selfish.

I got my first daughters done at 8 months old, no problem. Second daughter waited longer she pulled them out all the time still has trouble with them at age 30. Most girls pierce just do it, make sure they go in straight and can’t see the backs of posts

When you and your husband decide it’s time to get your baby’s ears pierced, that’s when it’s time. 

1 Like

When they’re responsible enough to clean them and take care of their own ears

I’d wait til she’s like 7 or so just bc babies like to put everything in the mouth and sometimes can choke if they succeed at getting it out. Just my opinion though

1 Like

You chose the wroooong thing to ask unless you want judged and insulted lol do it when you want, but as soon as she can grab at stuff and gain some control she can pull them out. I had my daughters done at 4ish months and took them out permanently a little after she turned one because she was taking them out.

Well what does the child’s father say? You both need to be on the same page when it comes to piercing your child’s ears. It’s up to you though do it now and hope she doesn’t mess with them (she’s 5 months old and they put their hands everywhere at that age) or wait till she’s a little older and have a mom-daughter spa day then get her ears pierced than go watch a movie afterwards.

Ew don’t. Mutilation is mutilation, no matter how its dressed up or blinged. No need to put holes in a child for vanity reasons.

9 Likes

I’d do them now if you want to avoid her playing with them. Also yes go to a shop that hand pierces with needles no piercing guns.

4 Likes

Please wait until your kid are old enough to make the decision if they want their ears pierced.

1 Like

When she’s old enough to ask you for it, it’s her body not yours.

Whenever you decide. I waited until my daughter was “ready” she had them done when she was six or seven and then she cried and told me I should have done it when she was a baby :rofl:
Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks unless it’s your pediatrician.

When she can speak for herself. Body mods for babies is ridiculous.

6 Likes

5 months, she did great and they healed really fast from us taking care of them. Don’t go to Claire’s, go to a professional piercer.

I understand the idea of wanting them done… but babies ears grow and in most cases when they grow up their ears will shift and the piercings won’t be in the correct place anymore. Also, I have found waiting til they’re older and ask means they’ll be much easier to understand not to touch them and how to care for them properly. I have seen babies ears react poorly and they end up needing unnecessary surgery to fix the infection and problems. When you do decide, I highly suggest seeing a professional piercer in a tattoo shop rather than a Claire’s or weird location like that. It sounds odd, but if you ask any piercer they will tell you it’s absolutely the best choice. They are trained and certified to be doing it rather than the people with the guns with no proper training and the guns can jam and cause extra trauma that wouldn’t happen with a professional doing it.

Everyone is going to have a different view on when it’s appropriate to pierce a baby’s ears.
Whatever you decide, just make sure it’s at a professional piercer (NOT Claire’s, Pericing Pagoda etc etc)

When she is old enough to decide if she wants them!!!

My daughter always asked why I didn’t just get them done when she was a baby. She wishes I would have lol. She decided she wanted them when she turned 10. Well she got them done…waited 6-8 weeks and tried to switch her earrings but her ears were still not healed enough. She ended up never wanting to put them back in after that so now her holes are closed and she still wishes I had them done as an infant :joy: :woman_facepalming:

When they are old enough to decide for themselves.

2 Likes

I got my daughters done when she was about 6 months old - piece of cake! 2 people doing it, slam bam & her ears were pierced and she was a brave little girl. Got in the car & she slept going home & NO issues with letting me clean them thereafter.

Now, she won’t be bothered by them. If you wait she’ll start tugging. Just don’t do it at Claire’s or something. Find a reputable piercing spot or tattoo shop.

Wait until she’s old enough to ask for them done and can take care of them

My mother had mine done at 3 months for this reason, I have never had an issue with it :expressionless: I just have to wear hypoallergenic earrings if I choose to wear them. All my infant earrings were 14k plated and I never got any infections so…I have sons so never had to worry about the traditional custom of ear piercing, if they choose that when they are older then that will be their decision.

When she’s old enough to choose to have her ears pierced

Why does a baby need a piercing? For what reason???
Wait until they’re old enough to choose themselves wether they want holes in their ears.
Pure selfish reasons on your behalf because she will ‘look cute’?
Vile x

2 Likes

You don’t??? She doesn’t need it​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I CHOOSE to get my ears pierced at 14 YEARS :expressionless:

Dont go to a mall. Go to a piercing salon. Ideally wait until she’s old enough to take care of them herself

If you decide to get them pierced go to a reputable piercer that uses a needle. A needle is more sanitary and better.

When she’s old enough to ask for them to be done… My ears are permanently scarred because my “mother”(egg donor) got mine done at 6 weeks(nearly 30 years ago now), because guess what infants grab and pull things like their ears.

The moms laughing at the other moms posting about consent are yucky moms.

respectable piercing places often wait till kids are at least 10

I waited until my daughter was 6 and when she asked I took her to get her ears pierced and we made it into a fun mom/daughter day. If you do decide to go ahead and get them done I would highly recommend a clean professional tattoo shop. Please spare her the scar tissue and infections from a piercing gun (Walmart, Claire’s etc). The sharp needles they use are far less painful than the dull earring breaking through the skin from a piercing gun in my opinion as well.

Please do it with a professional. Like a tattoo shop or piercing shop. Modern mods at arrowhead is amazing. Don’t do Claire’s or something place like that.

Get them pierced when she asks for them to be pierced.

My granddaughter is six, we have already been to the hospital to have one removed as it was pulled into her ear. Not a nice thing. My daughter was almost 8 and was old enough to look after it herself. I believe a baby doesn’t need earrings to make them cute or beautiful. It’s something that can wait and have the pleasure of doing the mother and daughter thing when she is old enough to appreciate it

2 Likes

It’s ear piercing not a big deal babies get them done all the time

1 Like

When she’s old enough to consent.

2 Likes

Dont for me I’d wait till they ask my son 7 wants it done it’s a discussion me and his dad are having now my daughter 4 wants them because of brother but for me it a big no she only wants it because he does idk honestly I’m still figuring it out but we might for 7 year old we also telling him about proper care instructions ext because we plan to get them professionally done so not I repeat do not do piercing guns do not go to Claire’s or Walmart it’s best to go to a tattoo piercing parlor and get it done

All you ladies complaining about getting a babies ears pierced then go and mutilate your sons after birth. :roll_eyes:

I want my daughter’s done so badly always said going get them done boy or girl when baby baby
My daughter basically 3yr 4m and still ain’t getting hers done unless she keeps asking 36 weeks 1 day wit baby boy if and when he wants his when older like his sister to say he wants it done nether will bcux it.not my choice they may not want it or be alregic to it or what have you not and plus they can care for them themself wit parent*s helping instead refusing and ain’t allowing U to clean which could lead to infection

Plus could get her earings done and earrings for a b’day present Xmas present or doin somethin well a class outta school or in school x

2 months. She hasn’t noticed them and hasn’t tried to mess with them at all. She is 7 months now

All 3 of my girls were done at 6 weeks old.

1 Like

I have a friend that did it when her little little baby girl was two months old and it looks fabulous… Liv

1 Like