When should I get my babies ears pierced?

When should I get my baby’s ears pierced? I want to do it before she turns one so that she won’t try to take them out. She is currently 5 months and will be 6 months in 2 weeks.

61 Likes

In my opinion, waiting for her to be a little older and choose to do it is so fun! Watching my daughter be brave and the excitement she had was priceless! She appreciates it so much! It was a beautiful moment for her!

73 Likes

I got mine done at 21 years old.

I did my twins when they got their 2 month shots. I wanted to get them done before they started pulling on their ears. If she already pulls, it’s probably best to wait until she knows better than to mess with them.

Keep in mind that their ears do grow the older they get. I got my oldest daughters pierced at 4 months and my youngest daughter at 6 yrs. My oldests does looks good but they do look different than when we first got them done.

My daughters we got done at 8 months.

I got hers done at 2 months old, at the tattoo place. She’s about to be 8m old and no issues and she’s worn several pairs since

I got mine done as a baby and I’m glad I did I don’t always wear earrings but when I do I enjoy it (: I like having the option.

2 Likes

My mom did mine when I was 4days old and I got them done twice lol I took all my nieces and girl cousins as baby’s like a month old and they love me for it!

2 Likes

My son’s 3 and kept asking for earrings like mummy’s and daddy’s so we took him to get them done

When they can clean, them change them and understand is the best time to do all that…

3 Likes

My mother waited until I was 16 then I decided I wanted them pierced I was glad she left it up to me after all they’re my ears

1 Like

Did my daughter’s at 6 months. She cried for 2 seconds. And guess what she’s super happy now that she got them done young. It’s ultimately your decision. Don’t let other people persuade you into what they think!

5 Likes

I did my daughters at at 6 weeks :woman_shrugging:t3:

My mom :adult: got mine done when i was 6 months but I’ve always had issues with them so I’d wait till she asks

1 Like

Never… it’s her body, wait until she can decide if she wants any piercings or not.

3 Likes

We had our oldest daughters done at 5 because she begged and begged. Now she’s almost 13 and won’t wear earrings at all. We had our youngest test daughters done at 5 months and she wear earrings mostly to school and for dress up occasions. I think it’s to each their own in this situation

We waited til our daughter asked, she did around last Christmas and she’s 4. I told her it hurts and it’s going to be like getting shots and she still wanted them😂. Although both my nieces have had them since they were babies and their mothers have had no issues with them.

I did my daughters at 3 months. She never touched them once, she’s almost 18 months now

I’d do it asap as they start pulling them out as soon as they find their ears :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
However, I’d try to find a tattoo shop that’ll do em as it’s so much better. And yes, some tattoo shops will still pierce a baby.

2 Likes

We decided to wait. And she asked for them. It was so cute watching her go from scared to immediately excited when she saw them in the mirror.

When she ask for then done. So much better and easier that way and they should get to choose. Wish I would have waited. She hated them till she was like 16

1 Like

My daughter was two months when we got hers.

2 Likes

I did my daughter at 1, I wish I would’ve ag 6 months instead because she hated me cleaning them. However they’re even, we’ve had zero issues with infection or anything like that. She’s almost 5 now and they look perfect :woman_shrugging:

I got my oldest done at 11 mos and not only are they uneven but she’s had issues her whole life with them. At one point I couldn’t even touch her ears and she refused to wear them. Lesson learned and I let my youngest decide and she got them done when she was 10. If you’re gonna do it should be after she gets her tetanus shot but I recommend letting her decide

21 Likes

I waited till my youngest asked. She was around 2/3 years old and she had no issues.

Wait until she chooses to do it…IMHO

2 Likes

Def wait until she’s actually sure she wants them. Just doing randomly for her thinking she won’t mess with them is the wrong idea. She’s going to mess with them until she’s mature enough to handle pierced ears. I would call the piercer and ask them for any age restrictions before you plan too far ahead.

1 Like

Why not let her have her own choice?

2 Likes

I got my oldests done at 5 months and I just did my 4 months old ears yesterday. Both times they cried for a second and were over it. Very easy to keep clean and zero complications.

2 Likes

Wait untill she wants them herself.

2 Likes

I personally feel like they should be able to decide for themselves if they want to get it done. My daughter was 9 when she chose to do it.

4 Likes

My dr said after their first round of shots, its ok to daughter’s done. She got hers at 3 months old and didn’t have any issues.

I got my girls done at 6 months, and would have done them sooner if I could. the last one didn’t even make a sound. I made sure they were clean and both of them never messed with them. They are now 15 and 7 and they love switching earrings. Mine were done at 3 days old at the hospital where I was delivered and never had a problem with them

1 Like

We waited until our kids were old enough to ask for them. My 6 year old got hers done on her 6th birthday. I’ve had mine done since I was an infant and have always had issues with them because of it unfortunately. When my kids are old enough to ask for body modifications and be set in that decision and help take care of it, then I’ll take them to a professional shop where they don’t use a piercing gun and get them done.

31 Likes

I’m waiting for my daughter to ask so we can make it into a mommy/daughter day! She’s 4 right now and has only briefly asked about it once.

1 Like

When she is old enough to ask for them herself if she wants them. What happens if when she is older and doesn’t like them? Then she is stuck with holes in her ears because they have been in so long now the holes don’t close up. She is her own person and it’s her body. Let her make the decision what she wants to do with her body herself. Don’t take that decision away from her. Plus to be honest it’s so much fun being able to take my daughters and see how happy they were walking out with their ears pierced. We made it a fun day and took them for ice cream after. It’s a fun memory I have now.

15 Likes

All 3 of my girls got theirs pierced right after their 4 month shots with the approval of their pediatrician

1 Like

My pediatrician did them!

1 Like

We waited until our daughter asked for them, she asked after she turned 4 last year.

3 Likes

When you decide it the right time .

When they are little enough they won’t remember. I got my ears pierced at 6mths. At 17 decided I wanted another. Got one ear done and it took a bit to do the other ear.

I waited until they were old enough to ask.My girls were 3 when they started asking.I had them wait a full year of asking so I knew for sure they really wanted it done.

8 Likes

I waited until my daughter asked me if she could get them done. Nothing against parents getting their babies ears pierced. I just view it as she may not want her ears pierced, so I want her to have that choice. I’d personally rather not modify her body myself unless it is absolutely medically necessary. I also wanted her to be old enough to be able to take care of her piercing properly. She just turned 12 the end of December & she got her ears pierced on February 8th.

Talk with your local piercer, and ask when they recommend is a good time. And please don’t go to one that uses a gun, go to a professional who uses a needle.

I waited until my daughter was old enough to ask. She was 4 and we went to a professional piercer. 

4 Likes

When she’s old enough to decide for herself.

1 Like

My only concern is that when she feels them, she might start pulling on them :thinking: IDK personally I would wait until she’s old enough to know if she wants them done!

When u want too u the mama

1 Like

My daughter’s got there’s at age 7 and 13. I waited until they were old enough to ask and take care of them. But it’s your kids, so do what u feel works for your family

4 Likes

You shouldn’t. And if you do, please don’t do with a gun. They cause trauma to the ear and take way longer to heal. And they aren’t fully sanitized. Do a needle at a tattoo shop. Even though most won’t unless the child is old enough to consent and with a birth certificate.

2 Likes

I was an adult when I got mine. I allowed them to close up because it’s a hassle I don’t want. I don’t believe babies should have their ears pierced. Child abuse.

My piercer requires verbal consent from any client.

7 Likes

I was 1 day old when my mom did mine. I never had a problem my entire life.

Do it now, babies heal quickly

1 Like

My youngest was about 2 months old and my oldest we did hers at 3 years old ( it just depends on your preference!) either way my girls had no issue with their earrings and still wears them!

I waited until my daughter was old enough to express wanting them pierced. I believe I told her when she was 8 she could get them pierced, just so she had something that she felt excited to look forward to.

3 Likes

It is better to wait a piercer told me because earlobes grow and they can get a nicer position when they’re older because there’s more room. Also when they’re older you have the option of a needle rather than a gun which is soooo much better. However I have nieces that were done as babies, about 8 months old I think? And they have had no issues whatsoever :slight_smile:

I did both my girls at 6 months. Never had an issue and they’re now 5 yrs and 2.5 years and they love them.

When she’s old enough to tell you she wants them. My daughter decided she wanted them in kindergarten and did well with them

1 Like

When she’s old enough to ask for them and consent to cosmetic holes being put in HER body. My daughter got hers done shortly after 6 and I made a whole mommy/daughter day of it where we went to the tattoo shop and got them done and then went to the nail salon for her first professional manicure. She absolutely loved it and was all about being involved in keeping them clean, etc.

4 Likes

Given that no professional, ethical piercer would pierce an infant’s ears because they cannot give consent, I would wait until they are old enough to ask to have their ears pierced, understand the process, and help care for it.

6 Likes

Wait till she’s old enough to decide for herself

1 Like

We got them done after their 2 month shots and they are now 10 & 11 and got double piercing. They have always loved them! Everyone is different though and there is no right or wrong answer only opinions, do what you feel best.

When she is old enough to make the decision herself

I did my first daughter’s ears at 3 months and with my second I’m gonna wait until she ask for them.

I remember mine and a horrible experience at 5….i did my daughter’s as soon as they would let me at Claire’s, I think just over 2 months? She’s now 13 yrs old and we’ve had no issues and they are even. I think doing them young before they can pull on them is smart. No regrets doing them as a baby, or at Claire’s.

6 Likes

I think the younger the better, then they’re used to it & I think it looks lovely, just my opinion, so don’t all gang up on me :joy: well you can, because I don’t care :rofl:

11 Likes

Do it whenever you want, you’re her mom. Just please take her to a professional piercer that uses needles instead of a gun. It’s way less traumatic for them.

As a parent I decided to wait on letting my daughter get her ears pierced. She’s almost 8 and she has expressed wanting them done but when it comes time to do so she changes her mind, so she’s not ready yet. My mom had mine pierced when I was an infant and now as an adult I cannot wear earrings bc the holes are too close to my face and you cannot see them

2 Likes

I got both my daughters ears pierced at 6 months old.

I feel that it is best to do them asap, if that is your choice. While they are babies it is easier to clean and care for. Once they are old enough to know that they are there it is the norm.

1 Like

I’m a consent household. So I always preach when they are old enough to make that choice and take care of them.

My daughter just got her ears pierced yesterday and she is so excited about them. She’s 5 and a half :heart::heart:

1 Like

all my girls were around 6 months old. quick, easy & no harm.

Mine was 5 weeks. I got mine done just the same, my culture encourages the ear pierces early because the lobe is more tender and baby is less light to get it infected. I’m not sure how much science is correct.

3 Likes

Just a opinion for ya, but you could wait till she ask for them done I got 3 girls my oldest daughter is 11 and my twins are 9 my oldest daughter finally asked for hers done so we are making a mother daughter day with a little pampering with her nails painted and toes then on to have her ears done then lunch. All 3 of my girl are happy that I’m letting them choose for them selves and not because it some thing I wanted done :hugs:

4 Likes

When they can say yes or no.

1 Like

I highly recommend getting them done before she’s a year old. My mom did mine at 6 months. I did my daughter when she was about three and she was real fussy about them after. I noticed the older they get the more they play with them and touch them. Leading to problems with infection. Just my opinion though. Good luck. Do what works for you guys.

When she is old enough to decide if she wants her ears pierced. And don’t take her to the mall or Drs. Office. Take her to a professional at a tattoo shop.

1 Like

I got my daughters done for her first birthday and luckily she barely touched them. When she did, I told her it was a boo-boo and she can’t touch it. She’s had them for two years now, I’ve switched them out and no problems!

I had my daughters done at 4 months and she still constantly messed with them and pulled them out, even the child proof ones. I finally took them out and let her choose when she was old enough.

I personally didn’t pierce my daughter’s ears cause she’s not an accessory that needs bedazzled. That being said if other parents choose to bedazzle their kids please go to an actual piercer and not Clair’s. Clair’s will damage the ears. They where mine were done as a child and they still hurt in my 30s.

2 Likes

As soon as you want, just make sure they are professionally done, so they are properly sanitized and keep them clean, daily. I think this is a personal choice, there isn’t a right or wrong answer. My niece had hers done when she was really small, had them done with very small diamond studs, that she wore until she was older, had no issues

Literally whenever you want.

I’m waiting until my daughter wants them done…she’s a year old she may never want them done and that’s her choice to make not mine.

4 Likes

I’d wait to see if your daughter actually wants them done, give her that choice, I asked a hundred times before I got mine down, and same with my daughter!, you’ll be surprised she touch them when she’s older either,

Had both of my girls done before that were 4 months old. No regrets. No issues. Font care what anyone else thinks about it

When it feels right to you. It’s ears. Not that big of a deal. Some parents wait for the kid to ask, some parents don’t wait at all. It’s ultimately your decision as your child can’t just go into a tattoo shop and get her ears pierced without you anyway.

I got my daughter’s ears pierced at like 6 months I think. She loves her ears pierced And she’s 6 now.

But please don’t take your baby to Walmart, Claire’s, etc. please take your baby to a tattoo shop to have them done. Less damage to the ears and hurts way less.

When your child asks for them to be pierced. Not your body, not your choice.

3 Likes

I had my elder daughters done at 11 mths old once she was fully mobile. Never had any issues

I did my daughters at 6 months

We waited until they asked. I had so much trouble with piercings from a gun that we wanted them done at a tattoo shop.
I’ve seen babies at 3 weeks with pierced ears. It’s really what you want for your little one.

When she is old enough to decide that she wants them. My daughter was 7 when she decided. In my opinion I wouldn’t cause pain or irritation to a baby or child who couldn’t voice their opinion.

11 Likes

My daughter got her first at 3 months and 2nd at 3years old

I did my kids (boys &girls) at 6 months

When she’s old enough to ask and take care of it

I was 6 months old when i had mine done and had no issues and same with my daughter an shes 7 now and loves them its up to the parent end of!!!

When they ask you to get them pierced

1 Like

When they are old enough to ask.

1 Like