When should I introduce my kids to my boyfriend?

It is too soon. Unfortunately there are slack ass sorry women that willl do stupid shit like this and then want sympathy from everyone when something happens to the kids. And of course you have the winners that will tell you about their boyfriend who they moved in within weeks and he is the greatest blah blah blah. They are your grandkids and you do have a right to be upset or concerned about them. And dont let anybody tell you any different

Not your kids, not you decision. I personally disagree with her choices but unless you have reasons to believe he’s a threat to them, you don’t have a right to do anything about it.

3 Likes

Stop saying mind your business those are her grandbabies!! …We had some grandparents mind their business while our babies were kidnapped by bio mom and her meth head bf…they knew our babies were not safe and yet still kept their mouth shut to the point of letting them be abused!!! And then pretended to be shocked their daughter could do such a thing​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.So no please say something to your son about bringing this up with her, and if she argues tell him to document, document, document then take her ass to court for custody…women who let random ass dudes or random people period around their kids without knowing them are being dumb ass parents periodTTT!! And the kids dont need to suffer…so yep say something!! And then…so something!!

I mean, other than complaining or offering to help there is not much you can do.

How bout you mind your business. If the kids are healthy, happy, and being taken care of, that’s where your concern ends.

7 Likes

Maybe shes known the guy alot longer then a week and just didnt call it dating tell she left her husband

3 Likes

I don’t agree with her choice. It’s non of your business

1 Like

Stupid n thoughtless!!!.She barely knows the jerk…n dare bring him around her kids!!!Did she do a background check??Is he a sex offender…Or abusive person…n served time for it…Is he stable…have any issues???Control freak??And so much much more…Its obvious she don’t care about her kids well being or SAFETY…!! When I met my fiance…I quietly dated him…Did not allow him to meet my mom n kids for about 6 months…And even at that point…I asked n told them about him…n they were willing to meet him…He was a keeper…The kids loved him…n so did my mom…n everyone else who met him.I was one of the lucky ones.

2 Likes

So many of you defending the daughter in law! While I agree that she may have been cheating with him and therefore he’s not “new,” grandma is right to be concerned. The children are adjusting to the split and bringing a new person around adds confusion and maybe even hurt and resent depending on their ages (they may be wise enough to realize mommy chose this guy over daddy). Also, a divorce is hard on children and what happens if they end up liking and getting attached to this new guy then mom cheats on him too? Then the kids have to experience another split. It’s no one’s business that mom has a boyfriend and that’s her right to have one and it seems grandma agrees with that too but bringing him around the kids right now is selfish and is probably hurtful to kids. Someone (either the dad or grandma) should talk to the mom and tell her their concerns in a calm manner. I’m curious because grandma didn’t say but have the kids expressed being upset about it or bring uncomfortable? That’s important to note too.

2 Likes

While they are her children it is her business, however, in today’s times it IS NOT safe to bring people you dont know around your family and children too soon, so when you see her next, pull her off to the side and politely tell her to be extra EXTRA careful.

3 Likes

Personally I’d say its too soon, but idk the details of their marriage and women check out mentally from relationships first before they do physically. Over all enjoy your gkids when u see them and try not to stress stuff that isn’t in your control and in the end is not your business.

1 Like

Sounds like a whole lot of not your business :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

no way too many kids get hurt this way take care of your kids first keep the new guy out of their life until your sure dont just start having a boyfriend stay over I worked in a women’s correctional facility over 90% stated they had been abused most from moms new guy!!!

1 Like

It’s not something i would be comfortable with either, but unfortunately it’s not your child or your house, so unless you can prove to CPS or court that child is in a immediate life threatening danger, there is nothing you can do.

6 Likes

Stay out of her buisness … She gave birth to those kids not you, unless shes on dope or bringing multiple dudes around stay the hell out of her buisness. STAY​:clap: OUT :clap: HER :clap: BUISNESS​:clap:

18 Likes

Yikes… Seems like there’s a lot of dumb bimbos that let every single guy meet their vagina AND kids. Despicable

6 months into a relationship before kids are brought in.
The temp custody agreement can call this out.

To all of the ppl going after this woman for asking, slow your roll! No child should be drug into a new relationship, period. Breakups are harder on kids than you think.

3 Likes

None of your business. Mom has every right to have whomever around her children as long as they are being taken care of.

1 Like

It’s not your business or place to tell a woman what is acceptable for her and her children. I don’t have to agree with her to disagree with you. I’d just mind my business since you don’t know their business well enough to have a real opinion :woman_shrugging: that’s just my opinion though.

5 Likes

Do you know how long she’s known this man, even platonically? I doubt it. Do you know how she’s introduced this man? Do you think it’s okay for her to have make friends or would you judge when she has other people into her home?
It’s NOT your business. This is between the mother and the father.

4 Likes

This happened to someone close to me… it does mess with the kids! She is only thinking of herself and not the kids!

1 Like

As much as you’ll hate hearing this, most of what these women are stating is true, is it too soon? Yes, she should’ve put her kids first, making sure they’re mentally alright before introducing another man into the chaos, confusion and pain of them probably wondering why their parents are no longer together and all of a sudden there’s a new guy in “mommys space” thats selfishness on mommys part, she may have known the guy WAYYYYY before all this mess, BUT she should be acknowledging her children first before checking then out and caring about her happiness first, but unless she’s doping up, and she’s sleeping around and introducing men after men, unless the children are in harm’s way, there’s no way of controlling the situation, even if it was your son doing it.

2 Likes

While I commend you for caring for your grandkids it isn’t your place to decide her timeline for introducing a new man to them. This is something your son, her and a judge can discuss in a parenting plan.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s too soon but you can’t really stop her from doing that.

Mind your business…simple as that!

3 Likes

When I got with my boyfriend we agreed to wait 2 months before I met his daughter. It seems like a while but I told him I didnt want to meet her right away and then get attached and then leave

From a personal stand point, I went through this situation. Broke up with my daughters dad. Ended up with someone not long after.

I did wait 4 months before introducing her to my new man. But, from personal experience, I would say I am waiting way longer next time. My daughter got her heart crushed when he walked out.

2 Likes

I’ve been best friends with my boyfriend for 30+ years and when me and my husband split, he was there for me and my kids. My question is, do you know how long she has known the guy? Do you know for sure they’re dating or are you assuming? How long exactly has the marriage been over before she moved out? Mine was over for over a year :woman_shrugging: What goes on behind closed doors is not always discussed with family members as it is not their concern. Me and my boyfriend have been together since he left pretty much and that was 2012. We all parent together and no harsh feeling towards anyone. I get that you have safety concerns but unless you know for a fact, you are speculating. Offer to help and be there! If you have a close relationship with her, ask her questions but understand that it’s not really your business as long as the kids are well taken care of. If your son is the one bringing you the information, make sure you know there’s always more sides to the story.

8 Likes

BUT you dont know how long they have known each other behind closed doors. He may not even be a stranger at all she just didnt tell you because she didnt want the judgement :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Way too soon. Poor kiddos, she isn’t thinking of them…

1 Like

Not really your business. Doesnt matter if your comfortable with it.

9 Likes

Whenever she feels that things could possibly get serious. Cant get serious without making sure the kids like him and that fit in eachothers lives.

3 Likes

It’s up to the person dating the guy!

2 Likes

Only she knows when she is ready for them to meet. We don’t know the whole story. Maybe they have been friends for a long time decided to give it a try maybe she was seeing him before she left. We don’t know.

1 Like

Not your choice. In my opinion sleeping over I’d never allow that soon but bringing them over to meet the kids I’d rather have because if they didn’t click with my kids they won’t be dating me 🤷 not to mention this man could have been her friend long before her lover. You don’t know what goes on in their home or lives. If you mention it to her she may be the hating one and hold them babies against you so honestly just stay in your place unless them babies are being hurt or abused.

2 Likes

Personally I think it’s too soon, but realistically you have no say and if she wants to bring men around her kids as long as she’s not putting them in danger there’s nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Been there. I dated quite a few people bwho were not worthy of meeting my children. No relationships developed from those. I trusted my gut. My husband met my kids after about 3 months of dating seriously.

I am completely opposed to introducing kids to temporary people, in general. While it isn’t your say, it most certainly is too soon if she just got her own place. Let the kids adjust to those changes before introducing more. I had a friend who was always introducing and letting his daughter get close to the ladies he dated when she was young and it was really difficult for her when the relationships ended.

2 Likes

You have no say. But honestly, those poor kids. That’s got to be pretty confusing.

2 Likes

I agree with u it’s way 2 soon but ur best not 2 voice ur opinion out loud. Ur can gather more info n know how ur grandchildren r coping with this if u keep quiet. I know several gals who’s kids have more “uncles” than an extended version of the Waltons if u get my drift. B there 4 the grandkids but stay quiet.

People saying its not her business, them kids are her grandchildren so I guess it is her business, God forbid if he turned out not to be a very nice man people would be moaning that the grandparents didn’t give a shit, she’s looking out for her grandchildren

Again with the “mind your business” stuff. Its understandably concerning regardless of how long they have been seeing each other. She is a grandmother concerned about her grandkids and the people they are around. I would talk to your DIL and see if she is willing to maybe let you meet him so you can get a feel of him for yourself

2 Likes

Do I think it’s too soon… yes. Do I think it’s your business despite these being your grandkids… NO! Absolutely nothing you can do about it, her children.

3 Likes

None of your business. Stay in your lane Grandma.

6 Likes

If you don’t want advice don’t ask for it

1 Like

Might be too soon but in the end, it’s not your choice. She’s a big girl and is going to make big girl decisions. Might be wrong, might be right. Only time will tell. But if the kids are ok, then leave it be. Not really anyone’s business anyway.

1 Like

Unless you’re paying the bills, you have no say.

2 Likes

It depends, how you feel about the person. Have an adult conversation with your boyfriend, if he’s in it for the long run and seems interested to be involve with your children, go on a few dates and talk to your kid’s about him. If it’s nothing serious don’t, but if he is then trust your motherly instinct. Good luck! :heartpulse:

so you first stated when do you introduce ‘your’ kids to your new boyfriend. Then you stated your DIL moved out & into her own place with her kids. So are you talking about you or your DIL?? If it’s your DIL, which I am sure it is about, didn’t bother to read the rest…because it’s NONE of YOUR BUSINESS !!! Now if it is you, who cares, your kids are grown. If you want them to meet your boyfriend, introduce them. Plain & simple. But again if it’s about your DIL…mind your own business :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have introduced yet but it’s not your life or your business. She could have introduced him as her friend and that’s it.

3 Likes

Me and my bf waited 9 months to meet eachothers kids. I put in my custody agreement that it needs to be at least 6 months. Tell dad to make it part of agreement through court if hes concerned.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this isn’t your concern. It’s not your choice to make.

2 Likes

Its none of your business! You are NOT the parent.

3 Likes

Everybody says to mind your business until something happens to one or both kids at the hands of the boyfriend (stranger). Then everyone wants to know why didn’t the family intervene. How many kids have to die before people start being more cautious with who they bring around their kids??

Sorry for your situation. I can see why this is a concern. But sadly there isn’t anything you can do about it. If you try to talk to her about it you risk her keeping you out of their lives. It’s a hard situation.

9 Likes

I feel like if it was me my mom would of killed me even though I’m an adult i feel like it’s bad that she may not know him that well and she’s may be putting her daughters in risk i myself wouldn’t think i would do it but we don’t know until it happens to us there isn’t much you can do about though she can get it in a bad way if you say something about it i suggest you don’t say much as you want your granddaughters around and she may sense you will bad talk to her daughters about her or other stuff i just think you can do much about just be there for them incase something happens

I think it’s too soon. But it’s her choice and her business

Damned if you do… damned if you don’t. It’s hard. Talk to your son. He can put terms into the custody agreement if he needs to to ensure the safety of the kids.

Not really your choice. It’s hers. And im guessing she is also no longer your daughter in law since she is no longer with your son. The only thing you have a say in, is when you can see them and what to get them for gifts.

Too soon, but there is nothing you can do. Your son can check the divorce decree in case.

I get why you’re upset, this introduction will make likely confuse your grandkids and create some questions and confusion in their little minds, and although I’m sure your daughter in law and son split up with knowledge it was most likely going to happen it’s allowed them time to grieve and process the break up, for the kids this isn’t the same process, I dont think she’s made this decision with the kids best interests in mind which is really sad because they probably really need her at the moment, unfortunately though there isn’t anything you can do, you can try talking to her and expressing your concerns but they just may not end up the way you hope, but in regards to your actual question, I think it’s up to each individual parent to decide when they’re ready to introduce someone, I don’t think there really is too soon, but I think so soon to parents splitting a week is definately not enough imo, I think it’s important to see your future spouse interact with your children, because they may not be good with kids, the kids may not like them, they may not be ready to take on kids etc. But I think you should be dating someone for a minimum of 3 months before introducing them to your children :slight_smile:

She needs to do what’s best for the children. IMO, she is putting herself first. Her kids will suffer for it but there’s not much you can do, legally, as a grandparent.

Your son would have to take her to court for custody

It took me about 8 months before I introduced my now husband to my son. I get why you are upset. Does your son feel uncomfortable with this? If so, he should talk to her about it.

Oh wow that is quick that’s real quick yeah I think I would be a little concerned about my grandchildren to sticky situation but your son should have a little chat with her about his children being there with strange people skews me strange man

Shit it took me seven years I did not want any man in my home with my kids but that’s me I wired like that

I definitely agree with you that it’s too soon and that the new boyfriend has been rushed, but it is her life and her choice, even if she makes unfortunate decisions. :pensive:

The best you can do as Grandma is try to help them understand that when moms and dads break up, they sometimes talk to new people who may or may not turn into new relationships, and then answer any age appropriate questions they have about it. If they understand that some of these boyfriends will be no different than someone they see or or twice at the park, then they may have a better time adjusting to future breakups.

Its far too quick in my opinion but sadly its up to her and this is her choice.

We say “it takes a village to raise children.” Then someone shows concern over their grandkids and get rude comment. Like damn, sorry for loving and being concerned for her grandkids welfare. Bringing random ppl into their lives is NOT protecting her kids. She doesn’t know them. They can be weirdos. I hope none of you would speak to your parents, or anyone for that matter, that would love your kids enough to be concerned for them. Smdh

I waited a year before introducing my partner to my son and even then I always refer to them as ‘my friend’. My son doesn’t really even recognize yet that we are together like that. Which is perfect.

Some times you can just pray. I know it’s hard but I have had to just pray

1 Like

Way too soon! What is she thinking? Put kids first…

I honestly can’t say cause mine knew my son before we started dating. But they completely adore each other and my bf includes him in everything.

It’s not appropriate this soon, but you really have no say unless she and you have a close relationship. Some custody agreements have stipulations about this stuff and your son can request these kinds of limitations to be added, but he’ll need to remember that the same will be expected of him.

As a mother. I never introduced my child to boyfriends. He new my husband now since he was a child but even then until we where engaged and then I sat down with my son and asked him how he felt about us getting married and him moving in, we have 4 kids now all together as he did the same with his daughter. But our kids come first and always will. Unfortunately not all women are like that and need a man in there life. Your son when it goes to court and state his concerns. I’ve seen cases where a judge has order in favor for the children. But other then that all you can do is be there for your grandchildren and try and keep a relationship open with the mother of them.

I think you should mind your own business.

Not ur choice. Maybe sit down and say ur concerns when shes alone. Tell her how damaging it can be to see different boyfriends around the house.

U cannot do much

If she isnt ready to marry that man then it is too soon.

Must think of the children first