When should kids start shaving?

Michele Kopp accept the responsibility of shaving? Get off your high horse. let her shave!

My daughter is 12 and is going through puberty so she was getting hairy armpits and wanted to shave those so she could wear tank tops. But hasnt asked to shave her legs yet.

My mom didnt let me shave until i started my period

If my hypothetical daughter wants to shave, i will let her, i just want her to let me show her how so she doesnt hurt herself shaving first and then shes good

1 Like

It depends. Whenever my daughter asks I will let her. We have dark hair and I started shaving around 9

1 Like

I was 13 and figured it out for myself, but I would start teaching my kids about puberty/shaving by 10, if they havenā€™t started asking by then. Itā€™s really up to you

I was 10ish when I started doing it personally. I had hit puberty early and had a lot of insecurities about being hairy and smelly so it worked out well for me

I was 9 but it was just because I hit my period @ 8yo and my friends all had smooth legs and I was embarrassed :laughing:

10, my mom wouldnā€™t and kids made fun of me so I let my daughter I donā€™t want her to go thru what I went thru as a kid. I have 3 girls so If they asked I will be more than happy to let them and show them.

1 Like

Between ages 9 and 12

Try battery powered shaver.

1 Like

I started at like 10 without permission but learned from my cousin. I would say when they ask (if not too young) or puberty age :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine was 9 and she got her period shortly after.

1 Like

Sheā€™s almost got the shaving down now. . She started a few months ago. .

Only cuts herself occasionally. . And misses places like a pro :wink:

I got her that one brand that has the wires, so itā€™s harder to cut oneselfā€¦

I started shaving mine around 9. My daughter is only 2, but I plan to let her start when she asks as long as itā€™s around 9 or 10.

When ever she wanted too I told her the stuff was there an go for it.

When she asks just teach her for the love of God! Sheā€™s asking for a reasonā€¦ just from personal experience :joy: and donā€™t give her nair! Thatā€™s child abuse! :joy: but seriously donā€™t.

1 Like

I would say between 9 and 12 my daughter was 12 but didnā€™t get her period until she was 15

My mom allowed me in 5th grade. But my hairs were long and dark and I got bullied a lot

14 ish I discouragr anyone younger to do it. It also depends how much hair. Only let your kids do it if they ate gonna make a habit of it. Once you start canā€™t stop.

Believe it or not my daughter was in 3rd grade this year and all the girls are doing it now. Shes 9 I wasnā€™t going to let her but she has extremely dark hair on her legs and the other girls were pointing it out. They are growing up fast now a days. There are also girls getting highlights and their nails done in her class tooā€¦ :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I was 11 years old, a week away from turning 12.
My mom refused but, my dad convinced her.
Thanks, Daddy. RIP :innocent:

My mom let me when I was promoting from 6th grade to junior high. But told me if I cut myself I would have to wait till high school. I will talk to my daughter about it in 4/5 grade and see where she is if she is wanting to I will let her i was teased because I had dark arm hair in 4th grade and I wished my mom would let me shaveā€¦

Sara Chloe Geddy yes wtf is that shit !! My daughter thought she was going to the salon to get hers done :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: we also donā€™t do like the hair coloring thing either ā€¦:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Sara Chloe Geddy wow on the girls doing that now

Annie Tieden ya really. I dont want a 10 y/o teenager. I want my little girl! She understands though and is easy to compromise.

Let her do itā€¦she might even shower more

She is 9 but uses hair emoval cream as cut her leg shaving due to a comment at school x

My daughter is 12 and I wonā€™t be letting her shave hers for a while yet, if its not blatantly obvious then I donā€™t see why she should especially as she wears tights all the time for school

I donā€™t have a daughter but can speak from my own childhoodā€¦ So I had dark leg hairs and idk around 9 noticed I was so hairy but started shaving around 12ā€¦ I recall in my health class my teacher asking if any girls had underarm hair and to raise their handā€¦ well lucky me! I was the only oneā€¦ So wanted to shaveā€¦ My mom was not super feminineā€¦ She did not show me how to shaveā€¦ I had the worse razor burn for so long and felt embarrassedā€¦ If I ever have a little girl, depending on her leg hair color, I will suggest her begin shaving before she starts middle school (when they start kinda dating little boys") actually demonstrate how to do it and buy proper shaving items.

I was 11/12 years old my mom refused to show me so my oldest sister had too.

If your child is showing adamant interest then I would show them before a friend shows them or they google/YouTube something

1 Like

My grandma didnt want me shaving but I think around 12 or so I started sneaking It lol. :joy: Didnt take long for her to notice tho

Let her shave her legs. Not like sheā€™s getting a tattoo lol

When they ask. My oldest was 11. Iā€™ve got 4 girls 12,10,7&6 Iā€™ve joked with my very hairy 10 yr old and said I think you need to shave and she said no she wasnā€™t worried about it. So depends on the kid really. Obviously my oldest was embarrassed by it.

I donā€™t have a daughter but my mom didnā€™t let me until I was 13.

Being the only girl who doesnā€™t shave yet does suck if you have to wear shorts. I got picked on for it so shaved without mom knowing lol

1. Bought my daughter an electric razor for her birthday. She started asking when she started 6th grade

I dont have daughters, but I started in grade 8. I was 13. Depends on the child too. But, if I did have a daughter, I would want to wait until about 12-13 yrs old.

When they start Middle school. So around 11 or 12.

1 Like

I told my daughter who is very blond after she started her monthly she could she so I think she was 12 1/2

My daughter is 8 and mixed. Her hair on her legs grow dark and long and she is very self conscious about it. So I got her a electric razor to use every now and then. Just to make it less noticable.

I asked my mom when I was in 6th grade because my friends were doing it and I didnā€™t want to be left out.

i started shaving my legs and stuff when i was 10-11 it was shortly after i started my period