When should you get your childs ears pierced?

What age did you get your babies ears pierced? We’re hoping to get it done at 2 months after shots…is that too soon?? I’ve heard 4-6 months is better?

32 Likes

My mom got mine done at 2 months and I’m glad she did! I’m 20 now and have multiple other piercings! To each their own you’re the momma!

7 Likes

Just had my 1st (and last) girl after having 4 boys…I plan to pierce her ears when she asks :woman_shrugging:t4:

33 Likes

My mum had mine done at 6 weeks old

2 Likes

I’ll get my daughters ears pierced when she tells me she wants them pierced :slightly_smiling_face:

100 Likes

8 weeks old after shots for me and my girl

3 Likes

My daughter was 9 when she got hers done she asked for them

2 Likes

Most places around here won’t do it until 6 months. That’s when I had my oldest’s done.

1 Like

I had my 1st kids done at 3 months. It was the best bc every time I would change her diaper, I would clean them. I did my youngest at 5 years old and it was the worst. I recommend getting them done early as possible

6 Likes

When they say… i want my ears pierced …

3 Likes

I have 3 girls. The two older ones had theirs done young and baby girl is 6 now and really wants hers done but is scared. Wish I did it back then when she was younger also.

2 Likes

My daughter is about to turn 4 & still hasn’t asked for them. Her favourite character is Ladybug - who has earrings, & she still doesn’t care enough to want them.
She’ll get them done if she ever wants them & if she’s old enough to understand that it will hurt & she will have to keep them clean. Which may be in a few years or it may be never.

1 Like

When she was 5 and had consistently wanted it/asked for it for 1.5 years. Took her to a professional piercer who also explained the process to her and confirmed she did in fact want it before he began.

1 Like

When they ask for it to get done.

1 Like

When she’s old enough to ask and be responsible for them. I’m 41 and have never had my ears done or the desire. My daughter is 3 and when she’s ready I will take her and have a special day for it.

2 Likes

When the child is not only old enough to ask for themselves - but also able to fully comprehend what it entails.

I personally think earring look tacky on a baby - and at that point it’s the parents vanity and benefit - not the child’s.

4 Likes

5 years. Right before kindergarten. Your ears grow. So take that into consideration. The wholes will move down and out.

Claire’s (and Pedi offices) use modified cattle taggers to pierce babies.
And the teenagers at Claire’s get a 5 min “training” session

3 Likes

I was 14 and my friend helped me, ice cube, sterilized needle by a lighter, and a potato behind my ear bam! All over!

1 Like

When they ask and want them for themselves. When else would you do it lol.

5 Likes

When they can ask for themselves. It’s their body not mine. 

4 Likes

when they decide they want it done

1 Like

My little girl was 6. Months old she was fine little cry and all was done

5 Likes

When they are old enough to want it done

4 Likes

I’m waiting for my daughter to tell me when she wants them done it never crossed my mind to ever take her when she was a baby to get them done I want it to be her choice

3 Likes

I waited until my daughter asked me. She was 7 years old.

1 Like

That’s when I originally wanted to do our daughters ears but my husband wanted to wait for her to be 2. So for her 2nd birthday we went and let her pick out some cute earrings and got them done. If we have another daughter though I told him that we’d get them done around 2-4 months.

1 Like

Apparently it’s best to get it done
Just after birth
As babies that young won’t pull on them
You clean them
The same way
You clean where the clamped the umbilical cord

3 Likes

I had my ears pierced when I was 2 months old. My daughter is nearly 2 months old and I wanted to get hers pierced at 2 months but the piercing/tatoo shop in my town won’t do it until she is 6 months old so we have to wait.

1 Like

I waited till she was 6 months old I assumed that was the minimum age

Also if you disagree. Just simply do it different with your kid and keep your opinions away from me and my kids.

6 Likes

I would wait until they’re old enough to vocalize if something is wrong, solely for the reason that my sister had a severe reaction and had to go to the hospital.

4 Likes

My grandmother got mine done against my mom’s wishes, but I don’t remember what age. I have 2 daughters and firmly believe that body modification should be left to them. One of my daughters made the choice to get her ears pierced and one has decided not to. Personally, I don’t see it as my right to permanently put holes in my child’s ears without their consent.

2 Likes

Had my babies ears done when she was 3 months old, that was over 5 weeks ago now

4 Likes

Two of my girls got them done at 9. My other daughter is almost 13 and hasn’t wanted hers done yet

12 Likes

I’m like you I always figured I would do it at 8 weeks after their shots. I had my daughter in July and that’s exactly what I did. My reasoning is 1. They are less likely to mess with it because they can’t pinpoint where the pain is. Yes, I know that sounds harsh but it’s only for a min then she was fine. We’re about 3 weeks in and her ears are doing great. I as the parent am responsible for keeping them clean rather than making her responsible and possible infection later on. She can learn that a different way. She never has touched them on her own and I think they look great and she’s beautiful either way but I do not regret getting them done at 8 weeks one bit.

11 Likes

I’d wait until she is old enough to ask for them. Ear piercings are just like a little pinch. It’s not like they need to be done so young because of pain. It’s not very painful at all. Plus when they are older they can learn how to properly clean and take care of them. But no one can tell you what to do. Can always ask the doctor what they recommend. And if you do them make sure it’s with a needle, not those guns.

2 Likes

My parents had mine done when I was little little. 6 weeks or so, I think?

I had my first daughters done at 11 months. She’s 6 now and they’ve been out for years. It was also a huge battle when she was 2ish - she was constantly fiddling with them and losing the backs.

My younger daughter is almost 3 and I’m just gonna wait until she asks and is old enough to understand not to play with them and can care for them herself.

That said, if you’re going to do it, at least go to a tattoo or piercing shop. No Claire’s. No mall kiosk. Just no piercing gun at all.

To each their own but ultimately that should be the kids choice when they’re old enough to say they want them AND are knowledgeable enough to take care of piercings. Piercings are not just something pretty to have ….

2 Likes

When and if they ask for them pierced.

1 Like

4 years. I waited til it was her choice

4 Likes

Well, i dont believe in circumcisions either…

Also the gun is punching a hole through your ear instead of going clean through.

To each is own. I did my oldest after first set of shots. I did my seconds at 2. Neither cried and now at 26 and 21 they are glad I did it early on. Everyone will have a different opinion so you do what you and your husband feels is right. But if you do don’t do Clair’s or any small shop. In all honesty the best piercers in my opinion are tattoo shops. They are sanitized and licensed and don’t use a gun which is usually what scares them. Good luck

1 Like

I waitiled until my daughter was old enough to make her own decision and understood that withered may be pain involved. She gelot them done for her 7th birthday. My question is would you ladies get your son’s ears peirce and at what age?

1 Like

Each to there own I left my daughter to decide for herself if she wanted her ear pierced. Her body.

3 Likes

When they can consent/able to get it done at a piercing/tattoo shop.

6 Likes

Not until they’re old enough to ASK for their ears pierced, and to understand how to care for their piercings. It’s not going to be the same for every kid.

When they can decide for themselves

1 Like

When they’re old enough to beg for it - not your ears - some people (including my mother) never had or wanted them pierced !!

2 Likes

I did my daughters after her 2 month shots :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

When they’re old enough to ask :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I didn’t get my own ears pierced until I was 11 or 12. Both of my girls were done when they were infants. They were great with them never fiddled with them and no infections. They both have multiple piercings as adults.

When they ask for them and have the choice to get it done.

1 Like

The girls in my family practically have them done as soon as they come home from the hospital :rofl:
I guess it’s some type of culture thing
With my own daughters I waited until they were about 3-6 months

6 Likes

When they can give consent to a piercer. No professional piercer will do this without the child being able to give consent anyway.

9 Likes

Why do u assume ears need piercings?

7 Likes

When they tell you they want their ears pierced.

When they are old enough to tell you they want them pierced. Listen, you aren’t getting these babies ears pierced for THEM, you are doing it for YOU. Period. Ask yourselves why?

3 Likes

I didn’t get my daughter’s done until she was old enough to ask for it.

1 Like

When they keep asking to get it done, understand exactly how it’s done etc and able to help take care of them.

Not untill they were old enough to ask and take care of it.

When they are old enough to give actual consent

When they are old enough to ask for it themselves x

1 Like

When they are old enough to ask for it.

7 Likes

When they’re old enough to ask you to get them pierced.

19 Likes

Got my daughter done at 1yrs she 14 now and doesn’t wear earrings and hates them tells me I shouldn’t have gotten them done as it should have been her choice.

2 Likes

When they’re old enough to ask for them.
Their body their choice.
Babies aren’t made for bedazzling

9 Likes

My piercer who does mine won’t touch a child under 4. But she told me if I think my daughter is ready at 3 she will as that is the age she told me a year ago but has since moved her age up. So I won’t get them done till she is 3 or 4. Which is a year or two

Also, no professional piercer will touch a baby.

3 Likes

I waited till 6, months old… I thought that was the minimum age tbh but idk I kinda just assumed that :sweat_smile:

And please choke on a dick if you gon say something to me about piercing my babes ears because you could simply just do what you feel is right with your own damn kid and leave me and mine alone :woman_shrugging:

When the child asks and can keep them clean.

vaccines are toxic poison

Should be when they are old enough to ask for it!!!
There is absolutely no reason why a baby needs their ears pierced other than because of the parents ‘fashion’ choices. :rage:

4 Likes

Who cares what other people choose to do with their babies/children. Seriously why is this crap still going on in 2023

3 Likes

Unless it’s cultural, babies ears should NOT be pierced. Why do you want to do it? To decorate your baby? Yeah, NO

6 Likes

I had my daughter’s done when she was two months old, she got her third holes last year for her birthday and wants another piercing for her birthday this year. She has always loved her earrings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I always worried about them pulling them on the peircings when they’re young (our first had ear infections and pulled at her ears a lot) but reading the comments it seems a lot of people do it successfully so young :slightly_smiling_face: personally I’m waiting until mine asks so we can make it a present/reward of some kind. The first is 4 years old and hasn’t showed interest yet

I waited until my daughter asked at the age of 6. She then cried when they did it and said, why didn’t you just do this when I was a baby?! :joy:
Honestly, it’s your choice. Do what makes you comfortable. You can also pick a reputable place to have them done and discuss your concerns.

I got mine done at 3 weeks old and my daughter was 5 weeks old. Whenever you’re ready.

My little girl is almost 6 and still doesn’t want them yet. Figured I’d wait til she asks.

I waited till my daughter asked at 5

1 Like

My daughter was about 3 weeks old

1 Like

I had mine done at 4 months and I thank my mom for doing it. My sis had all kinds of trouble healing when she was a few years old getting hers done.

1 Like

I did my daughter’s at 7 months to the day lol

1 Like

When they ask to get them pierced

1 Like

I did my oldest at 4 months. They grew closed bc she wouldn’t let me put new ones in when I took the old ones out. If she wants them pieced in the future I will let her same with my other girls. I’m just not much of a jewelry girl myself. I wear earings like twice a year :rofl:

I have 2 young daughters I plan on having them done when they ask and show an interest in it.

2 Likes

When she asks and can make the decision for herself. Having a babies ears pierced is just an all around bad idea, not getting into specifics. And why wouldn’t you want it to be a special mom and daughter outing when she’s older and asks. Ears pierced, ice cream, shopping. Sounds like a good time to me and I’m sure for your daughter, too.

11 Likes

Here they won’t do them till 8 months. I wanted get them done sooner. They heal better.

1 Like

We’re waiting till our daughter asks for them and old enough to properly care for them herself.

1 Like

My little girl got them for her 5th birthday and I’m glad we waited bc she was old enough that she takes care of them bc she wanted them. She asked and I took her that day

When they ask. My two oldest whom are now 14 and 12 did it around 8 and 10 I wanna say Idr… my four year old has been recently starting to ask. But not enough to do it yet.

1 Like

Most of us born in the 80’s had it done as babies so do it when it’s the right time for you and don’t listen to all the negative comments

1 Like

I had mine done at 3 months and I’m glad mom did. so I got my 2 daughters done as baby too, didn’t bother them, never got infected and they both stil love to put different earrings in every day and their 14 and 6

I was 6 weeks when I got mine. When my daughter was born her doctor told me to wait until she got her first rounds of shot at 2 months.

1 Like

Whenever you feel is the best time for you. I waited until my kids were old enough to ask. My 4 yr old woke up day of his 3rd birthday and asked to come to work with me to get his ears pierced. He loves it lol

2 Likes

When they wanted them done.

1 Like

When they are enough to ask for them.

After their 2 month shots. I am glad we did them too, they didnt seem to bother them and they healed wonderfully, they love them and now at 10 & 11 have double piercing and are asking for more! Ultimately it’s to each their own though.

We waited for my daughter to ask and I’m glad. She had absolutely no interest until this year. She was almost 6 years old

Babies who get them done so young stress me out. They tug on ears during teething sometimes or if they have an ear infection or just in general. I’d be worried since the ear is so thing they might rip it out or when getting them dressed or drying them off it could.

Also look into a piercing gun vs needle they use at a tattoo shop!