When to get babies ears pierced?

My daughter had $200 diamond gold studs at 10 days old…at 13 she has no regrets of them being done every little girl wants their ears pierced

1 Like

Wait . I won’t do my daughter’s until she asks even then I’ll probably wait to make sure she really wants it . Also I got mine done around 10 and I do not remember the pain so that reasoning is stupid to me

If u do it now clean them all the time she is at a age where she will play with them alot and can get infection easy my nieces all got theres done as infants before they could play with them now they dont even think about them unless they wanna change them

I have stretched ears and an additional piercing in each lobe, my daughter is 4 and always asking to get hers pierced but I told her to wait a year and if she still wants it done we will talk about it. My husband would go today if she said she wanted it done lol but I want her to learn to think about a big decision before doing it so we are waiting. When/if we do get them pierced I’m going to suggest a tattoo/piercing shop though because I’ve had every complication from guns and I wouldnt want my daughter to go through the same issuds

Wait till they ask for it.

I waited until my daughter was 8, and asked to get them done.
I explained the process and she still wanted to do it.

My daughter chose at 6.5 years. I had earrings made when she was 2 but they’re not my ears, it was her choice not mine

I got my daughters ear pierced at 4 months she loves earrings she loves wearing them

I don’t get my kids ears pierced until they are old enough to A: ask me and B: actually understand what’s about to happen

I’m in the same boat my daughter is almost 5 and my bf her father wont let me either. Honestly it should of been done when she was a baby

Sitting here wondering why people angry react to someone asking a question. Can you not read a question without getting butt hurt? Obviously she’s looking for advice. Why do you have to angry react? If your first reaction to people’s questions is to get pissed off. You need to reevaluate your life

1 Like

I believe you should wait until your child asks to get them done. Also, only get them done at a reputable tattoo shop where they sterilize and use hallow point needles. Piercing guns are a joke, if you’re going to go that route just buy them from Sally’s and do it yourself :roll_eyes:

For me, my child does not need to be accessorized or put through unneeded pain for fashion. When they’re old enough, I explain the process of piercing and how to look after it. If they can understand and accept that then awesome.

And for everyone saying every girl wants her ears pierced/ to wear earrings? Not true. I hate wearing them for the most part.

My sister also hated hers.

There are plenty of girls who don’t like wearing earrings.

Wait until she’s old enough to get them done right! At a piercing parlor! Please don’t use guns or go to Claire’s!

1 Like

My daughter just got hers done she will be 3 next month. She kept telling me and doing the same thing. Meanwhile she screamed like somebody was killing her while getting them done. I highly advise wait till their older!!! Because I wanted to get hers done for her early birthday present. She moved her head and the lady peirced too far back in one ear. We had to pry it out her ear, i had to pay for yet another set of earrings and repeirce that ear. Now she has mismatching ear rings in and refuse for me to take the other one out. Please wait till their of age!!

1 Like

I’m waiting until my daughter can tell me she wants them pierced.

3 things u never ask on pages likes this are Circumcision, piercings and Vaccinations

6 Likes

My daughter had hers done at 3 months old no problem babies are very resilient

Do it whenever! I got my done at a month old. Lots of Latinas get their baby’s done at like a few days old. She’ll never remember the pain plus it’s super cute

I personally believe it’s the choice of the parents. My mom had no say so in whether I had my ears pierced or not, because my dad’s sister went behind her back. Now, my earring holes are uneven and too far up my earlobe. My dad’s sister had them done when I was 6 months old.

If I have a daughter, I’m going to wait until she is old enough to talk and voice that she wants them done. Whoever did mine, when I was a baby, had no idea what they were doing. And I have been to a few piercing shops and they can’t even fix them.

I say not until older

Not hating on any mom who has but I would be to scared she wouldn’t understand why they were there and she’d pull them out or something :neutral_face:

My dad did mine the old fashion way, sister as well and all the other girls in the family. At around age 4-5.

Clearly she’s decided she wants her ears pierced lol so get them pierced

My daughter is 4, she begged us to get them pierced, she did great. But i waited until she was practically begging me all day every day

That’s not a bad compromise in my opinion. Pick and choose your battles wisely. There will be many more to come and what he’s saying isn’t unreasonable.

She doesnt understand the pain that will come with it. Wait until she can grasp the full concept. Because if shes pulling at yours, she will pull at hers. Causing infection and tears.

I waited until my girls were old enough to ask for it. Unnecessary body modification for looks only doesn’t seem right on anyone who hasn’t asked for it. My girls were 8 and 10 when they each decided on their own they would like their ears pierced. Having another girl in 2 weeks and will not pierce her ears until she is old enough to ask for them too.

I believe it should be the child’s choice, but by her showing such curiosity, I’d show her a video (if you can’t show her in person) of what goes into piercing your ears. If she’s still interested, sure.

I feel it’s something that should wait until your child /young adult can decide IF they want it.Its not fair to do something to someone’s body because you think it’s “cute”.Im not arguing but that’s my opinion

My girls’ dad wants to wait also…and I respect that but our oldest daughter who is 2 1/2 always says how pretty mine are so now to convince daddy that she’s ready

I agree with waiting for her to decide that she wants her ears pierced on her own, but it seems like she’s already decided that she wants them pierced. If she can talk and tell you herself she wants them done then do it. Maybe both of you sit down with her and talk to her and make sure that she really wants to get her ears pierced. Also if you do get her ears pierced go to a tattoo shop bc they are cleaner than going to a place that uses piercing guns. Also less likely to get infected if you get it done at a tattoo shop.

I’m waiting till my kids are old enough to consistently ask for at least 6 months.

Alot Pediatrician offices offer it

I pierced my daughters ears when they were 18 months.

1 Like

So if your daughter saw you light one up and said she wanted to do so too, would you let her? Be the parent, tell her when she is old enough to take care of her pierced ears herself the she can get them done.

Just go to a shop !! The gun is extremely damaging to the ear its a blunt object pushing through skin ! Much safer and cleaner to go to a piercing shop. Cant clean the guns completely to make them sterile :mask:

My daughter asked since she was 2 she just turned 3 and got them done, I spent a couple months explaining to her that they hurt to get, I showed her videos of kids getting their ears pierced so she would see how they reacted to it, and I also explained that they won’t hurt forever. She decided to go through with it.
And she is super anal about NOBODY touching her earring because hands are germy

2 Likes

I didnt get mine done till i was 18. I wish i would have never got them done i was very allergic to everything. I could only where white gold earrings. And i ended up taking them out 2 years later. I hate seeing the holes in my ears everyday. I now have a daughter and im going to make her wait till she is 14-16 because i want her to understand that there is alot of pain getting them done and then keeping them cleaned everyday and that if she ever want to take them out she will still have a permanent hole in her ear.

Ear piercings don’t hurt as bad as everyone tries to say they do if she’s asking you need to explain to her that she can’t touch them or pull on them or it will end badly kids aren’t as dumb as we as parents would like to believe

1 Like

Wait and make it a mommy daughter day so you can both enjoy it.

I wouldn’t allow it. She’s 3.5 she doesn’t KNOW what she wants…

2 Likes

We waited until mine was 12. Then if it was a yes (and it was) we went and got it done. Just wanted them to be old enough to look after it by themselves.

1 Like

My son got his done at 3.5 his Daddy has them and he wanted them so we took him to clairs and got them done for him. He cried when he got them done but now he loves them,they heeled so fast and he did great with cleaning everynight and now all the little boys in our town want their ears peirced! Lol

I’m sorry, but for once in my life, I have to take a dudes side…u should wait.

2 Likes

Had them done early in life for kids and granddaughter, might want to remind bd that they are still removable if she changed her mind

This is a decision between you and the father.

Got my daughter’s pierced when she was a baby (2-3 months). She loves earrings, let her get her seconds at 8.

The earlier the better. If later she doesn’t like it take them out.

2 Likes

It’s not only about the pain and consent, is your child old enough that a reputable and sanitary piercing studio will pierce their ears? No, Claire’s doesn’t count. And are they old enough that they will not be touching the new piercing with dirty hands and increasing their risk for infection? Lots to consider, I’d say wait.

4 Likes

I say wait until she understands the investment in what she wants (ie pain, cleaning, waiting to change them). Having your ears pierced is a responsibility.

Just throwing this out there but clip on earrings are a thing. My daughter is almost four and I waiting for her to know what it means to have her ears pierced, consent to that and can take care of them. My daughter is the same way about trying to put mine on, so I went to Claire’s and got her a couple pairs and she loves them.

1 Like

I waited til my daughter told me and she was about 3 I believe. If she’s telling you then why won’t he let her? I know she’s young but still

1 Like

Wait until the child wants her ears pierced.

1 Like

We got our 3 year olds ears pierced.

I say wait till she can properly take care of them so 5 or 6

Do it while she is young

I remember when I was little using those sticker earrings and being bummed when I would lose them throughout the day. I got my daughters ears done when she was young so that there was a less likely chance of her messing with them constantly. Like someone else suggested maybe get her some clip on ones and let her tell her dad that she wants them like mommy. Idk cause I didn’t care what people had to say when I did it.

If you end up deciding to pierce her ears, please go to a tattoo shop or her pediatrician’s office. Claire’s & pagoda are a no go. They barley clean their guns.

2 Likes

i got my daughters done when she was 5mos🤷🏻‍♀️ she cried for a few seconds and then was fine as soon as her dad got her attention on something else. she never pulled at them like they hurt or anything. if she doesn’t like them when shes older she can take them out🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Wait until she is older. I am waiting until my daughter is old enough to decide on her own that she is ready for them. The younger you get them done, you have to remember risk of infection or self inflicted injury by yanking at them.

5-7 yr old is a good age, also be aware that some nurseries do not allow piercings and you may have to take them out or cover them up…

My daughter asked when she was a 2.5 and I showed her videos of kids getting their ears pierced and told her she can’t touch them or play with them. I made sure she understood she couldn’t play or really touch her ears after and I would have to clean and turn them every day for a while. She understood and once she got them she never messed with them or anything and she is now 4.5 and loves being able to pick out her own earrings and decide which pair to have put in. I will add my daughter grasps things easily so she really understood the whole situation which made it easier.

Wait until she’s older and go to an actually body piercing shop. The piercing guns actually damage the tissue in the ear. Any body piercing shop will tell you. And it gets infected easier than getting them pierced with an actual piercing needle. My daughter is only 2 months and I’m going to wait until she actually knows the outcome of getting them some means before she gets hers pierced. :slight_smile:

Get her some small but pretty clip-ons for her copy Mom” Deal with piercing later - when you both can have a pro/con-type conversation.

I would wait. She isn’t old enough to decide if she wants extra holes in her body. Get her stick on kids ones from Claire’s.

Not worth the arguement. Let it go. Nothing has to be done now.

I haven’t had any girls but my mum waited until I was 8 and asked to have my ears pierced

My daughter was 9 months old.

I got my daughters ears pierced after her first set of shots. Pediatrician said it was ok but this was 18 years ago

My oldest was 4th grade my youngest decided she wants hers done shes in 5th grade we just haven’t had them done yet.

My daughter was 2. So brave didnt play with them. Was easy as

wait til she is older, I had mine done young, got them ripped open so many time cannot count~healed up. done again. ripped, healed up done again was too young t

My daughter was 5 months when we took her. She loves her earrings (2 now). I think it was a perfect time. She didn’t pull at them or anything so they were able to heal. Spoke to pediatrician before hand and she didn’t oppose to it!

Got my daughters ears done at 4! When she gave me consent to do it.